1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    I finished Summoner last night and I can't wait to try it in pvp. Im usually a Black Mage. I'm going to miss sleeping people
    just tri bind!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Rule #3 Be the shark, not the chum. Be the pincerer, not the pincered. A pincer is bad news for anyone caught in the middle. Even the most hardy teams with the most battle highs and fevers will eventually wither under a direct pincer from both rival factions, especially once LBs start coming out. A team wipe can devastate the momentum you have, as well as bleed a ton of points and high/fevers. Most devastating, however, is the effect on team morale a pincer has. Its all too common to claim the opening spawn nodes in your area, have both teams pincer you to get them since you have the most, then have your entire team wipe and begin the shouts of "X and Y always attacks us!" "Time to lose again!" or "Welp! GG scrubs!" This then leads to people spending more time angrily typing retorts and nonsense than actually attempting to recover from a very-easily recoverable situation.

Attempt to anticipate situations when both teams will attack you and actively work towards minimizing the damage that a 2v1 would entail, or outright evading a pincer. Its hard to effectively pincer what you can't reach. When in a pincered situation, do everything you can to peel into the most narrow or rear-directioned area or formation that you can (such as escaping to high ground, or a narrow section of land), in order to maximize the amount of contact that both rival factions will have with one another, instead of simply with you. Turn a pincer into a free-for-all between all 3 teams in the worst case scenario, and into a rout for both enemies in the best case scenario. This last one can be achieved by temporarily retreating from captured nodes, allowing both teams to engage one another on top of said node, then re-engaging, picking off stragglers from both teams, and then counter-pushing on the entire fractured mob.

When pincering, focus either on picking off stragglers from both teams or killing battle high/fevers (when both enemy teams are roughly similar in score) or entirely focus your attacks on a specific team, while actively avoiding the other pincering team (when in a situation when the pincered has a dramatic lead over both you and the other attacker). Its not unheard of to drain upwards of 150 points in a single pincer attack on a team, which can be absolutely debilitating in a fight. Most importantly in the second scenario is to not draw the attention of the fellow attacking faction to you, unless you are able to and plan on wiping them up after the successful pincer attack.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with forming a murder train, largely ignoring nodes, and proceeding to simply overpower one or both factions and win by virture of kills. Getting upwards of 650 points via killing the enemy all but ensures victory, if you have the team comp and the teamwork and trust to pull it off. Just make sure you don't make so many enemies or overstretch so far as to invite a pincer, or you may find that large lead evaporating quickly.
    This was so elegantly put I'm moved to go do a match as soon as possible.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Legit [throwaway] question -- what genre of music do you guys listen to get into your "killmode" zone?

I'm almost always bumping some Rap music or Rock.

Max kill count when "Rock the Casbah" plays.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

one of my best secure matches ever was a result of this

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    one of my best secure matches ever was a result of this

Hot track mang !

I've been bumpin this on Ninja:

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Does anyone else have issues with pets disappearing randomly? my fairy will sometimes just poof out of existence. No hostiles around. Not moving. Just poof, gone. Happens when people are around and moving, too, of course, but its the random despawns that annoy me.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only when I forget to hit Heel.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Sounds like you placed her and ran too far

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Nope. when i say not moving and no one around i mean that literally. it's happened while in the spawn waiting for the lockout to lift. summon her. stand around, jump a few times. poof, shes gone.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know it's easy for the fairy to despawn if you give an Embrace command on someone who runs out of range, or if she gets CCed while you're retreating.

Never seen it happen before a match, though.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've come to the conclusion that the good primal adders only play after 1am EST. Last night was magical, I have no idea who those people were but even the games we got 2nd we only lost because of either node rng throwing every possible A/S to mael or getting focused by both other GCs. There were still a couple of dumb people but none of the completely fractured 4 groups running in opposite directions and dying left and right that you usually see.

Now if only those guys would play during more regular hours for me ;-;

Cassalot

Mael has been pretty fail lately. Suzu where did you go?!!?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by siverstorm View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the good primal adders only play after 1am EST.
    1AM EST is when the queues get completely fucked for Flames Primals. :/

I had a full premade of 8 and we couldn't get into a match after 30 minutes. Eventually broke down to 5, then, 4, then 3...all queue'd around 10-15min each, still nothing. Apparently some of them tried solo queueing later that night and also nothing. Why the fuck can't SE show us how many people are currently queue'd per GC so we can see where the blockage is at?
    Spoiler: show
    Or better yet, just drop the GC requirement and let us merc for whoever needs people

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It was weird honestly. It was the most concise teamwork I've ever seen since my time on adders. I plan on checking tonight to see if its a recurring thing or if I was just getting stupid lucky.

And our queues were like <8 mins in party. It was nuts.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most I see of Primal Adders is they're either running premades where you see 5+ SMNs all together running as a group, or they're retarded and go fuck over Flames while Mael sits there cozy with a 300 point lead and 2-3 nodes uncontested to themselves.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh hell yeah, there's some ridiculous vendetta between flames and adders for some ungodly reason. I don't know when it started but I can say the same, either adders are attacking the single flames node or flames are attacking the single adders node and mael sits pretty and laughs. I've seen it happen on both sides, on rare occasions mael will be the one to do it but not as much as adders or flames.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've noticed some strange behaviour from primal flames recently, when in third they often camp the spawn points of whoever is in second place, a couple of days ago they did it to adders allowing Mael to get an extremely comfortable win, and this morning they did it to mael, giving the win to adders.

I can understand cockblocking whoever is in first place, but second? Unless they're just butthurt at losing and want the game over asap I don't see any logic to it

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

That's the general consensus for them and something that has been noticed by everyone in my premade as well. Adders has been known to do that a few times as well, but no where near as much as flames.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    Mael has been pretty fail lately. Suzu where did you go?!!?
    I went to flames about week ago lolol. Though I don't really log on much now, not even rank20 in flames still. I actually been enjoying my time on flames, not as bad as I thought they were unless nearly all my matches has been me getting lucky and getting decent people, or getting lucky and having both gcs at the time being shit. I may or may not go back to mael in 3.1, though I told some people I'd be going back but that was before I started to enjoy flames!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    1AM EST is when the queues get completely fucked for Flames Primals. :/

I had a full premade of 8 and we couldn't get into a match after 30 minutes. Eventually broke down to 5, then, 4, then 3...all queue'd around 10-15min each, still nothing. Apparently some of them tried solo queueing later that night and also nothing. Why the fuck can't SE show us how many people are currently queue'd per GC so we can see where the blockage is at?
    Spoiler: show
    Or better yet, just drop the GC requirement and let us merc for whoever needs people
    Haven't noticed a problem in terms of queues. As for premade, can't really speak on those, though I know sometimes Kiri premade runs and their queues tend to be pretty fast still(like under 10min?, full 8 I think?). I think one night they had about 6-8 queuing around 3am EST and were getting about 5min or less queues. I rarely have to wait longer than 10min on flames.

Cassalot

I'm going to kill all the Flames NIN's and sometimes SMN's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast