1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I play WAR too, occasionally ;p I'll just use my fantasia to go back lala and disguise myself.

One thing for certain though, out of playing with all GCs, flames healers seem to be the best out of all 3 IMO, they're extremely good. I think I've only died like maybe 4-5 times total since I been on flames. Good luck killing me if you do see me ;D

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People tend to hate my AST since I'll focus anyone in the alliance in range to prevent -5s at any cost, not my party specifically. Only place in the game where I can get my cross-party healing fix like I used to all the time in FFXI. I'll take saving 3 folks in another group than trying to save the one idiot melee in mine who jumps into the middle of a crowd.

That and looking terrible on the healing scoreboards since I'll take doing spot-heals of Nocturnal instant-adlos over bloating overhealing by fulltiming Diurnal regens which doesn't help you at all.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah i typically come out low on healing, but i dont really care. i like healing in pvp, its fun. especially if the enemy doesn't know you're there.

i try to alliance heal as much as i can, but it's harder to pull off on controller. you have to set targeting filters and d-pad (equivalent to tab) through them to find the one you want, dependent on camera angles and shit. be nice if you could use targeting filters to select which alliance your party window displays....

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think I've made a horrible mistake swapping to aether adders, lost like 7 games in a row last night

the people are just beyond casual

oh I remember one gem from yesterday "drinking game: everytime we lose a node take a shot!" "we're all going to die of alcohol poisoning xDDDDD" etc

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why dont people like the 24man deathball? what is so hard about following the leader and killing everything

Herding cats.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i never understood it either. any time i bring a group into pvp with me i holler at them every time they break LoS, because if i dont they die and ask me "whyd you leave me?" like i was the one running off.

people get too caught up with trying to get the kill that they forget to pay attention to what's going on around them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I originally had my doubts about joining the adders but I've found a really active ls that goes 3-4 nights a week, most fun I've had in a while

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Premades are pretty much the only way to enjoy PVP proper assuming the queues aren't busted.

PSA: If you have WHM leveled and there's no WHM in the group, switch to it at the start of the match to Swift-Stoneskin2 and then switch back. Spawn point has CD reset.

Cassalot

I'm Maelstrong and my weekly record is 31/11/7. I join a lot of premades. This record is better than normal for sure.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Premades are pretty much the only way to enjoy PVP proper assuming the queues aren't busted.

PSA: If you have WHM leveled and there's no WHM in the group, switch to it at the start of the match to Swift-Stoneskin2 and then switch back. Spawn point has CD reset.
    Most should know this by now though lol. If you wanna get smart with it, if you have both WAR and WHM leveled, switch to WAR, pop thrill of war, switch to WHM, stoneskin 2. If you have a war in the group, ask them if they can thrill of war so the WHM can stoneskin 2. Sometimes I forget to do this though in matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    I'm Maelstrong and my weekly record is 31/11/7. I join a lot of premades. This record is better than normal for sure.
    I'm curious how long your queues are since premades on mael is usually death. Even without premades though, mael usually has around 50-60%ish weekly. I don't know how it is now though, basing this is off before I switched.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Our premades the last few days have been getting like 5-15 min queues, been nuts.

Cassalot

Yah I usually end the week with around 55%. Mael ends the week pretty weak tuesday though I won 9 matches in a row -- starting in the morning lol some were 24 man

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Man, 5-15 min full premade queues sounds like the dream, especially for maelstrom, I want that life Too bad no one runs premades anymore on levi, we used to run them pretty often in slaughter. I wish I was on excali now lol D:

I wanted to see what my weekly would look like doing a full week of pvping as flames for at least a decent amount of matches, but sadly I stopped playing as often after I switched, and now I don't even play at all. I guess I'll just have to see in 3.1, assuming I actually play somewhat often in that as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Man, 5-15 min full premade queues sounds like the dream, especially for maelstrom, I want that life Too bad no one runs premades anymore on levi, we used to run them pretty often in slaughter. I wish I was on excali now lol D:

I wanted to see what my weekly would look like doing a full week of pvping as flames for at least a decent amount of matches, but sadly I stopped playing as often after I switched, and now I don't even play at all. I guess I'll just have to see in 3.1, assuming I actually play somewhat often in that as well.
    We of course get the occasional 30-40 min queues but yeah for the most part it's been so fast, I was shocked to be honest. Not going to complain though! If this shit keeps up I'll be able to finish ADS before 3.1!

edit: Queue times for mael in general have been good actually, I've been solo queuing for the last 3 hours (6am-9am PST) and have queued in less than 10min every match.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Man, even 30-40min for full premade is still decent compared to what it used to be sometimes, like an hourish, lol. Either a bunch of people stopped playing on mael, or a bunch swapped GCs making the queues more decent now. Seems like you guys picked a good time to run premades, lol. Hopefully you get your ADS mount before 3.1, but as long as maelstrom remains maelstrong, I'm sure you will.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

64 wins to go!

Cassalot

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Hopefully you get your ADS mount before 3.1

maelstrong

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    64 wins to go!
    Still about 10 days till 3.1, so yea, you should be able to get it in time. If it was adders then that would have been a different story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    maelstrong

Grats on the ADS mount :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere but I did not realize all the wins had to be with 1 gc, I'm p fk salty now I just want the goddamn ball... 148 with flames so what the fuck

rip pvp interest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast