+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 400

Thread: Worlds 2015     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #141
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,659
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    SKT intentionally throwing vs H2k to eliminate EDG in groups instead of having to play them later?
    Next level strats.



    Ahh cmon h2k you keep rethrowing everytime skt throw to you.

  2. #142
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,818
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    "Pawn is as good as Faker"

    lol ok


  3. #143
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,659
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    When did Dyrus transfer to EDG?

  4. #144
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,329
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i almost made it to worlds once.

    we'll see this next week if china should have lost their slots or not, though this argument is absolute shit since you should know working for riot that china is the largest region for LoL. brazil is probably the smallest

    edit: my bad after double checking the API brazil is clearly ahead of the others but still a quarter of the size of any of the major regions (no data on china) but from what i hear they have the largest population
    Guys, it was a rhetorical questions, of course China shouldn't lose slots at worlds.

    I was responding to the notion that performance at worlds determines whether you should be there. That was YOUR argument.

    Also, the second Pain game and the BKT game against EDG are perfect examples of why they should be there. They need more experience with great teams because they obviously have the ability to compete. If you limit them to their own regions and never give them the ability to compete with the world's best, they wont be able to be in a position to improve. And that exposure will improve their play, and that will improve their region.

  5. #145
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,799
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    This thread should be split up.

  6. #146
    I don't like logic and I argue like an asshole. BRP 2.0
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Wait so you think the slots should be based on markets and not just the 16 best teams?

    Whoa. Seems like you really changed your mind.
    you're failing to realize that even by that logic Brazil shouldn't have a guaranteed spot. but whatever, this is a pretty moot argument, wildcard teams improved their record overall this year at worlds though picking up 2 wins instead of 1.

    4-36, the dream

    no offense but the fact that you guys keep bringing up "OMG THEY PLAYED X Y Z, SO CLOSE" is completely irrelevant, a good team can close. any analyst will say this, anyone with any game knowledge will say this. ANYONE can get an early lead, if you put a team of bronze players out there 1 time out of 100 they would get an insane invade or something would fall in their favor and they would play it close for a little bit. the nexus exploding is the relevant factor

    someone can split the thread if they want, this is a discussion about worlds though, and since every game today was 100% predictable and there were literally no upsets there isn't much worth discussing lol

    also @bad karma, are you really using a ryze vs tf to determine any level of skill at all..? i hope you know that 1v1 is nearly impossible for a TF to win at any level... i'm not saying pawN is better than faker, but seriously, cmon

  7. #147
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    204
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Leona Dawnstar
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Teams focusing gragas with cool downs one game, and now this game focusing tahm kench, both champs being very sturdy when no true burst is around. Standing in a bush for ambush and not clearing it before hand by H2k, a mistake that tsm did as well and both paid for it costing them games. Mistakes like this are some of the reasons teams cant continue a snowball and letting teams back in or sealing the game, small mistakes but one a top tier team can take advantage and snowball it.

  8. #148
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,799
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    my bad after double checking the API brazil is clearly ahead of the others but still a quarter of the size of any of the major regions (no data on china) but from what i hear they have the largest population
    you're failing to realize that even by that logic Brazil shouldn't have a guaranteed spot. but whatever, this is a pretty moot argument, wildcard teams improved their record overall this year at worlds though picking up 2 wins instead of 1.

    4-36, the dream
    So the smallest region earns a WC spot and gets two wins. More than any other non-guaranteed region. Where did we say Brazil needs a guaranteed spot?

    I think having IWC spots is great for Worlds and great for League in general.

    You're just stubborn and deliberately disagreeable. Whatever.




    Today wasn't all that entertaining. Probably the most predictable group.

  9. #149
    I don't like logic and I argue like an asshole. BRP 2.0
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    if you're talking about strictly population, then yes there should be wildcard spots, 2 is about the appropriate number.

    if you factor in anything else, such as skill, a competitive spirit or anything along these lines. then no, they should definitely not.

    what i think would be better for wildcard teams is to have them in their own division sort of like the development league in the NBA.

  10. #150
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,329
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    if you're talking about strictly population, then yes there should be wildcard spots, 2 is about the appropriate number.

    if you factor in anything else, such as skill, a competitive spirit or anything along these lines. then no, they should definitely not.

    what i think would be better for wildcard teams is to have them in their own division sort of like the development league in the NBA.
    So now you are the judge of their "competitive spirit"? And what defines skill? Early game strength is a skill, individual play is a skill. Pain and BKT both demonstrated real skill in those areas. Their late game closure was the real problem (and even in that case Pain was able to close a game), and they need the international exposure of World's to be able improve those situations.

    BRP, just stop.

  11. #151
    I don't like logic and I argue like an asshole. BRP 2.0
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    yeah and i'm sure the teams prep for wildcard teams too, i mean all in all you're completely right they are skilled enough to hold 2 spots at worlds. 4-36 the dream. all the wildcard regions put together are probably a bit smaller than NA, and they hold 2/3rds the spots NA does and they are not even close skill-wise.

    BRP, just stop.

  12. #152
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,643
    BG Level
    6

    paiN finished groups with the same W/L as CLG, H2k, possibly TSM and LGD could end up even worse. BKT is the weakest team in this tournament, but saying they have no competitive spirit makes me wonder what wildcards have ever done to you.

  13. #153
    I don't like logic and I argue like an asshole. BRP 2.0
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    because h2k's group and paiNs are totally comparable. and doublelift straight up said the paiN loss was CLG trolling. not to mention the CLG tilt was unreal

    i have no problems with wildcard regions being represented somewhere, i just think a tournament that should showcase the top 16 teams from major regions, wildcards should be at their own.

    again, 4-36. 4-36. 4-36. 4-36.

  14. #154
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,329
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    because h2k's group and paiNs are totally comparable. and doublelift straight up said the paiN loss was CLG trolling. not to mention the CLG tilt was unreal

    i have no problems with wildcard regions being represented somewhere, i just think a tournament that should showcase the top 16 teams from major regions, wildcards should be at their own.

    again, 4-36. 4-36. 4-36. 4-36.
    You are right, IWC sucked 3 years ago, but last year they were a spoiler, and this year they were legitimately in many of their games, and won a few. It's almost like they are getting better...

    Nah, we should just exclude them because 3 years ago they sucked.

  15. #155
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,643
    BG Level
    6

    OFC Doublelift said that, what else can you expect from him after that miserable 2nd day. Speaking of, BKT shown a lot more competitive spirit than CLG. Also, the wildcard teams already have their own tournament, it's the IWC. They can't directly qualify for worlds out of their own league...That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil get's a direct spot next year and the total amount increases to 20 teams.

  16. #156
    I don't like logic and I argue like an asshole. BRP 2.0
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    impressive, i'm the one who is illogical when you guys are die-hard arguing that teams that went 2-10 this year at worlds should have a permanent spot and should be playing against the top tier teams.

    the lack of game knowledge/general sense on BG for league of legends is absolutely astounding.

    also ringthree i realize you keep spamming that i'm "BRP" and despite me not knowing or caring who that is it somehow makes for a witty retort from you, but the fact that you think 6 games on a stage is "invaluable experience" is completely mind blowing to me. i would think a full day of scrimming and analyzing top level play would be leaps and bounds better than getting your shit pushed in by a world class team, but hey i'm illogical what do i know.

    it's a great experience for them as human beings to be able to travel to play against top teams, yep. are they learning anything as players by getting stomped in 20 minutes? i doubt it

    edit: also i might mention that the 2 wins were picked up in the weakest group of the tournament, by far. like the absolute shit group where things go to die was where these 2 wins were picked up. also 4-36

    & to throw in i didn't include anything from 3 years ago, don't think there were IWC teams in 2012

    another side note for your "LOL CHINA LOSE SPOTS" argument, even if IG and LGD completely lose out, china has 5 wins, wildcards have 2 and are completely done playing

  17. #157
    I don't like logic and I argue like an asshole. BRP 2.0
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    also i was very clearly speaking of the competitive spirit of the entire tournament, taking things always on a personal level is a worrisome trend for ones self esteem

  18. #158
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,799
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    also i was very clearly speaking of the competitive spirit of the entire tournament, taking things always on a personal level is a worrisome trend for ones self esteem
    Insults everyone.

    Doesn't like personal level insults.

    This is entertaining at least. You're taking someone saying,
    That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil get's a direct spot next year and the total amount increases to 20 teams.
    as "OMG I WANT BRAZIL TO HAVE A PERMANENT SPOT OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD."

    You are just creating a very black and white picture about a discussion. It's your way or the highway.

    Addressing the "invaluable experience" issue, I think that these teams gain a lot by being on the big stage in front of the entire community. If BKT and PNG want to improve they'll go over the games and study their mistakes and study how the other teams play out their strategies. They've scrimmed a number of teams and been able to have in-person meetings and discussions with the best players and teams in the scene. How is that NOT enormously beneficial? Would they be better served by staying home in their region and playing at and in the same level of competition?

  19. #159
    I don't like logic and I argue like an asshole. BRP 2.0
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    jatt said in an interview the only teams that paiN has been able to scrim is challenger EU teams, i'm not going to continue this though. i completely understand you guys think that the 4-36 wildcard regions should have a permanent spot, i disagree.

    also if that was an insult my bad, i'm fairly sure it's called a meme though from what reddit tells me

    (also they bootcamped in EU, don't think BKT bootcamped at all)

  20. #160
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,799
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    That wasn't what I was talking about insult-wise but whatever floats your boat.

    Go back to reddit and throw down some dank memes. They'll appreciate the edginess over there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag