Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds 2015     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i've posted on reddit twice in my entire life(both times it was about skyforge being p2w), usually i'm behind the memes but since in every single game the casters use the unoriginal "worrisome trend" meme i figured i'd try it out, i still have no idea how you can conceive that as an insult

you've got me figured out though

obligatory 2-10, 4-36

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Dude, you are the one that mentions reddit all the time, as if they have some insight into League that we don't have.

Actually, you explicitly state that you have insight into League that we don't have.

You have one argument, which is the record of the teams. That is an ok argument, but you have yet to deal with any of the counter arguments, and you are just repeating the same argument over and over.

If you want to engage people, don't act like you have some kind of insight into the situation that we have all missed. We all understand what their records are, and we have concluded that doesn't overcome the benefits of having IWC teams stay in the tournament.

If you want us to actually care (and you do, because every time you say you aren't going to post again, you post again), then make a counter argument to our arguments. And then we can have an engaging discussion on the subject, rather than you thinking you are correct, and the rest of us thinking you are stupid.

And to whoever changed your tag, you saved me a donation in the rafflecopter (I wouldn't have actually done it, but the thought it cross my mind LOL).

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    And to whoever changed your tag, you saved me a donation in the rafflecopter (I wouldn't have actually done it, but the thought it cross my mind LOL).
    Being Golde has small benefits.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Dude, you are the one that mentions reddit all the time, as if they have some insight into League that we don't have.

Actually, you explicitly state that you have insight into League that we don't have.

You have one argument, which is the record of the teams. That is an ok argument, but you have yet to deal with any of the counter arguments, and you are just repeating the same argument over and over.

If you want to engage people, don't act like you have some kind of insight into the situation that we have all missed. We all understand what their records are, and we have concluded that doesn't overcome the benefits of having IWC teams stay in the tournament.

If you want us to actually care (and you do, because every time you say you aren't going to post again, you post again), then make a counter argument to our arguments. And then we can have an engaging discussion on the subject, rather than you thinking you are correct, and the rest of us thinking you are stupid.

just to emphasize, again, i have responded to your previous arguments.

you said the games were close so that's reason enough, it isn't. being able to win/close a game is important when the objective is to win the game. i don't think this needs more explanation. i don't really care what your opinion is i think you're a colossal moron if you want me to be perfectly honest. it's more just posting out of boredom/humor that you guys fail to understand that wild cards are so many miles behind even the worst teams in major regions

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    no offense but the fact that you guys keep bringing up "OMG THEY PLAYED X Y Z, SO CLOSE" is completely irrelevant, a good team can close. any analyst will say this, anyone with any game knowledge will say this. ANYONE can get an early lead, if you put a team of bronze players out there 1 time out of 100 they would get an insane invade or something would fall in their favor and they would play it close for a little bit. the nexus exploding is the relevant factor
    for reference, i also said that i'm 99% sure no major region team prepped for IWC teams at all. i don't know for certain but i could almost assure it. but yeah you're right i'm only taking record into account when saying they shouldn't be at worlds.

editting in: after going back and reading, i also addressed the population factor, and the fact that i don't think they are gaining much experience coming to worlds. if you want you should google around for brTTs statement about how korean teams wouldn't scrim them because they wanted money to do so. he ended up retracting the statement but it was pretty fishy.

i think you just read what you want to

2-10, 4-36

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's ok guys. He's only doing it because we're stupid.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

nah, i think you're alright. i said i think ringthree is a colossal moron

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Um.. all I said was that I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil would get a direct spot and it increases to 20, because of general growth. Brazil because their heads and shoulders above every other wildcard region and because they went 2-4 this year. Kinda what happend in the LMS/GPL split.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

argument is circular anyways since he's just gonna come back and say what he's already said.

i doubt they will expand past 16 teams but hey maybe, from the numbers i've looked at(again china not included) LoL hit it's growth spurt 2 years ago and hasn't been growing as much this year compared to then. and i've already said all my thoughts in previous posts about IWC teams. i also think riot making a second game is totally against what i thought their mission statement was (to be heavily involved in esports) it's like the NFL saying "hey we are gonna make a new sport now". i think it'll hurt league which sucks but i digress and this isn't the thread for that discussion

looking forward to tomorrow and sunday. should be more interesting groups. if CLG hadn't tilted to fuck yesterday would have been interesting but today was quite the bore.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

From the rough viewership numbers I've seen via Reddit and looking at Twitch/Youtube/Azubu I think the audience is growing. There's also been a number of anecdotal things I've seen that suggest people are still watching and enjoying League content/pro league stuff even after they slow down and stop playing the game. It would suggest that maybe the viewer type is shifting from just people invested in League to a more traditional type of audience.

That's a stretch, I know but it would more likely lead to more longevity than most games have shown.

EDIT: I agree with the player numbers on the whole either hovering or decreasing though.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Sure is mazmaz in here

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Brazil because their heads and shoulders above every other wildcard region
    I'm really not seeing it. Taking one fluke game and one game against a team who had clearly stopped giving the slightest of shits about their results when in arguably the weakest group overall doesn't really make for a strong enough showing to have direct spots. Pain was playing for a whole lot of pride and their opponents didn't take them seriously, which is more a statement on these teams professionalism and emotional self-control than Pain's skill.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I'm really not seeing it. Taking one fluke game and one game against a team who had clearly stopped giving the slightest of shits about their results when in arguably the weakest group overall doesn't really make for a strong enough showing to have direct spots. Pain was playing for a whole lot of pride and their opponents didn't take them seriously, which is more a statement on these teams professionalism and emotional self-control than Pain's skill.
    careful, you'll get called some old posters name if you say things like that.

yeah audience is increasing, i was talking playerbase, sorry.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Meh.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i don't know what part of that is unclear so, since you keep crying that i say things and don't have an argument to back them up i'm going to have to ask you to do the same. (then i quote the ones i said and you don't reply)

you're kinda demonstrating pretty well the whole colossal moron thing i was talking about

oh you edited your post, oh well. would have been interesting to know what was confusing about that

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

That's why I compared it to the LMS/GPL situation. But we're talking in circles here anyway, so yeah.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    What a thrilling page in the thread.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

TSM vs Origen live in five.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Origen gauranteed tiebreakers at worst, tsm and kt could still make it.
    LGD need to go 3-0 for any hope.

watching tsm games is such a goddamn chore, fuck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast