1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

well while the rest of us complained and bitched on official forums (and got banned as a result) about how Yoshida was milking content and just recycling everything, some of you were on there worshiping his every move. Now the fucker thinks he actually did a good job and, as ill informed as he is, he will continue to pump out the same bullshit content because everyone ate up that shit the first time, he's like "who wants seconds? I just had a burito from taco bell, open up wide"

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

As always, leading an FC.

Dealing with roster problems, subbing in for savage on people's accounts to help our other groups out, and making strats/training people in my group on Savage (4 currently) has given me a lot to do.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

that's a lot of words to say "astrologian" uryuu

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    that's a lot of words to say "astrologian" uryuu
    ALSO, THE DREAM THE ONE DAY I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY ASTROLOGIAN.

Nothing really. I don't care for savage since my friends stopped logging from 2.0 ~ 3.0. Some didn't like how FFXIV became. They liked the 1.23 version more. Others left due to BCoB lock outs. We were more than 8 and it got awkward. More left when they hit the T9 wall.

I just log daily to do Minicact pot, 1 DR leveling for DRK (and stopped that cuz I didn't get the feel for it) and 1 DR: FL if it pops within 10mins.

What do I have to look for? 1 CT-like 24 man raid? Eh. I didn't clear a single floor in FCoB. Not due to lack of trying when it was released. Just joining statics was getting brutal. And learning/clear parties were getting nastier. Low DPS in phase1? Tank leaves. Tank getting hit more than he/she should? Healer leaves. I was excited to try it when HW was released and it got echo'd. iLV190 no bonus glamourz farm HW-Job weapon locked party.

I'll let my sub run out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Capping Esos: Just gotta run 4 Experts and 4 PvP roulettes. Honestly its a 4 day chore and I spend time inbetween AFK.

Leveling other jobs is a pain thanks to the absurd XP requirements towards the end.

I finally got into the groove of leveling crafting. But I stopped when even WVR got into the fucking habit of needing me to kill mobs for materials. Fuck this system of needing 2-4 of a mob drop to craft an item to be used to making an actual piece of gear.

So in short. Still subbed to cap Esos. Hoping 3.1 isn't a bust.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hmm, good question.

1. I enjoy the looks and feel of it all (music, areas, the Final Fantasy experience/immersion)
    2. I play about 2 hours each day, so not a lot of time to get everything accomplished, as a result:
    2.1 It takes me a while to collect things
    2.2 It takes me a while to level everything to 60
    2.3 I still got a bunch of 2.x content (dailies, T5-T13 collection) not done
    2.4 I've not tried to beat Ramuh extreme yet
    2.5 I've not touched PvP yet either
    3. I don't want to go back to FFXI, it's long outdated, though there's irony in that statement, but we'll let that slide for now
    4. I also don't really wish to play other MMORPGs (WoW, TERA, Skyforge, Wildstar)

It's also something to do and something that's final fantasy related. Offline/single player games no longer captivate me as much.

I chat often in the BG linkshell, and sometimes in FC, but I help out very little as there often isn't any help required from people.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Obligation to static/friends.
    This kept me playing up to the point where my PC had some kind of bootup issue, got repaired, came back, and now games make it overheat after extended play and I couldn't afford the time or money to fix it further when it still functions for everything not game-related that I need it for. Probably needs a motherboard replacement which is not doable right now.

As it was, the growing wall of weekly content was already wearing me down to the point where my daily PvP roulette on SMN was the most fun I had aside from A1S (A2S is tedium and didn't get more than a dozen good pulls of A3S before I went kaboom). Red/blue scrips just had me on autopilot. My eso is so far behind now that I just don't care anymore either way. Addiction momentum is a hell of a thing.

I would stay for the story alone if I could play for more than 40 minutes at a time and didn't have to renew sub, and then just not care so much about crafting/gathering/weeklyshit.

I still take comfort in armchair admiral-ing OF and Reddit out of boredom, watching the endless tirades of bad/awful/misguided players make the same arguments they've been making since 2.0, or hopping on someone else's bandwagon without knowing what they're saying. I love this community.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

group stuff like raids and just generally being around the people i played with since ffxi.

wd 2 also

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Generally my FC which I've grown to really enjoy, and also now that I'm a raid leader, it gives me more to look forward to.

The game generally serves as my way of winding down after dealing with obligations IRL. I've been really close to quitting more than a few times though, and I'm hoping SE will eventually step away from weekly/daily content.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While being subbed most of the time during 2.x, I am down to 1 month subs. Currently on the last week of that sub. I wanted to do the story (which I found rather disappointing tbh as did all the story dungeons, except Aery) and gear up my warrior a bit. Doing the story, clearing all sidequests, gearing up and doing Alex normal for the first time took me about a week and been pretty bored since. Can't be arsed for Savage or the stupid weekly tome caps that are nulled once 3.2 hits and I can farm that shit in a week like I did now with Law. Also can't be arsed to really level other jobs (BRD is 51 yay?), because SE hates multiple jobs geared well on one character.

Will probably sub for a month around 3.3 again to mess around with the 24 man raids since I liked CT and another month when the "end of 3.x" is around (with hopefully a better ending to the current 3.0 story).

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    (BRD is 51 yay?)
    I recommend stopping there...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ha, yeah I already heard it isn't fun to play anymore :/

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Am I the only person who thinks BRD is 100% better and more fun to play than it was before? It was BORING before. Now I actually have to think about how I play and that's more fun to me. I also enjoy BLM.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

yes

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

you may not have had to think about it before but no thought is better than one repeating thought: "this class is ass. this class is ass. this class is ass."

Did you post this also on the OF? Lol there is another thread with almost the same title.

As for your OP... well, Im not. Game is in a reall shitty place atm. Nobody (IE: friends, LS mates, FC mates) Logs in anymore, pf is dead most of the times, and when there are pfs up,its usually someone advertising their wares/beggin for a carry. Hyperion is super dead atm.

I cancelled my auto renew since I found out how the red scrips were being handled, prolly wont resub until 3.1, and even then, It may just be for one month, as opposed to the usual 6 months subs I usually get.

Alex savage alone isnt enough to keep the sub going, and you can only grind fates/dungeons so many times before you get bored out of your mind.

Picked up Dark Souls II Scholar Edition and havent logged into FF since.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Me? no i've been banned since week 2 of 2.0

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Hyperion is super dead atm.
    I dunno when you quit, but for me Hyperion is very active, just not in the early morning. In the afternoon/evening PF is jammed packed with Ex Primals and A1S/A2S groups, along with the occasional glamour/pony farm parties.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Friends and a static.

Probably going to bail if the static ever breaks up, or they continue (to continue) to prove their incompitence with content/design. I don't understand how they've managed to shit up a promising start like they had with 2.0 to where we're at now two years later. The story and music are really the only things I can't really take anything but minor issue with or enjoy. A3S and A4S are fucking awful. 3.1 will deliver obsolete gear on release. Aside from presumably 180 accessories (though we can count on the extraordinarily asstastic red scrips wall and the utter lack of tier-V materia shitting it up to the extreme) there's fucking nothing inside. There's pretty much zero prospect for change until 4.X (ha).