1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    To those who played 2.0 and struck through with it all the way to patch 2.1. Are you feeling the same way right now as you did back then? I quit prior to Titan HM because I didn't want to run CM 50 fucking times to get geared out to pass his HP checks as a WHM.
    Not even close to be honest. I was working on T5 by the time that hit, but I did even up quitting about 2 weeks into 2.1 because of RL obligations (which forced me to drop from my coil static) and realizing how much garbage this playerbase is. 3.0 honestly just feels like a more extreme version of all of 2.0's downsides, and scrips are bullshit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Friends/Static.

Although, given the difficulty of finding a bard (or any end game worthy player), that may stop soon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Please, you know Au Ra do it better.

Spoiler: show

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So the general consensuses seems to be no friends and/or static, you're probably going to get bored fast?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Not even close to be honest. I was working on T5 by the time that hit, but I did even up quitting about 2 weeks into 2.1 because of RL obligations (which forced me to drop from my coil static) and realizing how much garbage this playerbase is. 3.0 honestly just feels like a more extreme version of all of 2.0's downsides, and scrips are bullshit.
    Scrips are bullshit and they're nonsense I hope gets forgotten sooner than later. Crafting is its own barrel of hate fueled rage that's been debated way more often than imaginable.

Though on the 2.0 side of things. Wasn't T5 more of a brick wall than anything else. It took them months to patch it in a way that let players clear it.

@Corrderio: No, the consensus seems to be having friends and/or a static makes you give into peer pressure to keep on playing this game when you don't really enjoy it anymore.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Had ff14 have raid structure like wow where u have spare people on the roster for raid all the time, i wouldve quit already cause my RL schedule is getting packed

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I personally enjoy the game, but I do feel some frustration when I log on and can't find anything to do.

It helps that I usually play with the GF so we can enjoy most things together, but I do play a lot by myself. We got our 1 60(BRD for me and yes I like the new bard lol) through msq when 3.0 launched, then I got DRG to 60(yes I like the drg rotation), then we both did another 60(war for me), then we did another 60(AST because of the hate). Leveling in any game is a lot of fun for us. Even moreso because we don't level just to add another 60 to our character sheet, but we actually strive to play our alts better than most people play their mains. That being said, I spread out my Eso and Alex drops as much as possible so I can reach that i185 number that ALL PF's should be using on anything <A3S. And to me, that is perfectly fine when I can join PF's with dps in full Eso on my i185 DRG and still win the parse. At this point, I really wish they would put Alex Savage in duty finder.

Now, as far as logging on daily - admittedly it will be harder now that I got my final DoH/DoL to 60. For the last 3 weeks, I have been "actively"(aka checking PF every 2 hours) searching for weekly A1S/A2S clears. I COULD join a static but I would prefer not to. I actually think the static mentality is what ruins the game for some many people, and if the community was more open to pugging I think we would be better off as a whole. Yes there's a lot of bad out there but theres also a lot of people with zero chance to get better because statics are the only way to learn anything. So after my daily roulette, I'm checking PF for any content that seems like fun. I'm trying to pay it forward by joining Ravana clears and Bismark clears, filling any role, giving people the chance to practice and get better just like how I did. I play solo now more than ever since a lot of the FC has been offline lately, but there's so many on the server that there is no reason for everyone to just box themselves in. I can't believe people actually take their statics into Alex NORMALS for 8+ runs straight. Isolation just makes the game feel so much worse. I was even lucky enough to find a linkshell thats consistently 100/128 active players, some people who havent even finished 3.0 msq, and getting that background noise chat is so beneficial.

Of course, streaming the game helps as well. Streaming 2.5 was perfect because I would have a bot randomly decide what job out of all(-nin) 50's I would play as I queue for everything under the sun. For now, I have to settle for rolling brd/drg/ast/war and hopping into alex normals/Primal DF for entertainment.

I'm at work right now so sorry if my thoughts and topics seem all over the place lol. Yeah there's a multitude of things that the devs could do to support playing daily, but I also feel that the community is at some fault here.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I still play FFXIV because I enjoy the game play, the aesthetics and overall find it fun; I maintain a character and an alt that keeps me busy for the time I allow myself to play.

Although at the same time, I have 0 emotional attachment in that I could lose my account tomorrow and suffer no love loss. I'm not the same person I was when I was younger during the FFXI years where I needed it to be my identity/'my life' (for lack of better term). So I play and I let it be the game the devs want it to be. When that stops being enjoyable for me, I'll stop.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    To those who played 2.0 and struck through with it all the way to patch 2.1. Are you feeling the same way right now as you did back then? I quit prior to Titan HM because I didn't want to run CM 50 fucking times to get geared out to pass his HP checks as a WHM.
    Not at all, when 2.0 came out, we were all naive, expecting this to be better, listening to Yoshi saying 'it's like a new game give us time" which we did.

But 3.0 is just a reash, as dumb as it may sound, what makes mad the most of Pharos HM. Why? because they are reeusing 2.0 maps for 3.0 dungeon, that is really taking us for dumb fucks,

As for 'middle tier' we don't need it. I have 0 problems with just story then savage alex. My problem is that Alex is boring vs coil. I had way more fun learning coil then alex.

Also Savage Alex is the same mob as normal alex, so for those who want prototype gear, you have do do A1, A2 and A1S +A2S it's burning out quickly.

They couldve use the same battlefields for alex savage but different mobs with entirely new mecanics at least ...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So the general consensuses seems to be no friends and/or static, you're probably going to get bored fast?
    Hm it's possible. Main issue is simply 3.0 being absolutely nothing new from 2.0 and 3.1 will be exactly like 2.1. If you enjoy the game as is, 3.0 will be amazing to you and you'll have lots of fun. However if you're over the same formula..yeah if you're in a static/play with good friends, that's what will keep you playing boring or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    I still play FFXIV because I enjoy the game play, the aesthetics and overall find it fun; I maintain a character and an alt that keeps me busy for the time I allow myself to play.

Although at the same time, I have 0 emotional attachment in that I could lose my account tomorrow and suffer no love loss. I'm not the same person I was when I was younger during the FFXI years where I needed it to be my identity/'my life' (for lack of better term). So I play and I let it be the game the devs want it to be. When that stops being enjoyable for me, I'll stop.
    This. I'd gladly get rid of my account if it truly is worth the $3.5k it got priced at but at the same time I'll hold off on it simply due to having obligation. With XI I wouldn't have dreamed of selling my account for example.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchi View Post
    Obligation to savage static (close friends)
    If we haven't gotten our shit together (organization and discipline), would've straight up quitted.
    Even though we cleared A1S and A2S at a decent pace for casuals, I have a feeling that A3S/A4S is going to break us.

Not motivated to cap other crafters besides CUL when we get worse rewards than 2.0 for more work.
    I am not sure why the Dev team is shitting on crafters, when they have/had a model in a previous MMO they made that worked out for both sides (main crafters and raiders)... Abjurations. Get the Abjuration to uncurse your gear from coil raids, get the cursed gear from crafters (with the possibility of HQ). That way crafting has its purpose without giving out free powerfull gear.

Because not having an economy is easier than creating a relevant one and dealing with RMT.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Because not having an economy is easier than creating a relevant one and dealing with RMT.
    Indeed and yoshi succeeded in preventing RMT from entering his precious game by even disallowing us to transfer items between our own characters.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am not sure why the Dev team is shitting on crafters, when they have/had a model in a previous MMO they made that worked out for both sides (main crafters and raiders)... Abjurations. Get the Abjuration to uncurse your gear from coil raids, get the cursed gear from crafters (with the possibility of HQ). That way crafting has its purpose without giving out free powerfull gear.
    Confusing to the new player, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Crafted Gear has never been free in this game though.

I mean, if they don't want it on the MB they could've just made it Unique/Untradable.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I quit a month ago because by then, my only drive was capping Esoterics so I could get the pretty SMN armor. But considering that it was a chore, and I'd need a month and a half or so to complete the set... Not worth it.

I wasn't raiding anymore becasue I got burnt out in FCOB, leveling and experiencing the story was really fun, but then Bismark EX was a simple DPS check, Ravana EX a dance I didn't bother to learn, Alex normal fun the first 2-3 times, but still frustrating when you got an incompetent group, and the final nail on the coffin, Expert roulette being just 2 dungeons meant the chore of grinding Esoterics got really repetitive.

I will probably sub for a month every 1-2 patches and play through the story, do the new dungeons, etc., but I doubt, unless things change A LOT, that I will be playing this game for a long period of time, and dedicating a meaningful amount of my time raiding ever again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I enjoy raiding, thats the main reason. SE has destroyed crafting/gathering, and I abhor leveling new jobs. PvP is ok, but meh.

Most my FC has quit/stopped logging on, dont blame them.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    I quit a month ago because by then, my only drive was capping Esoterics so I could get the pretty SMN armor. But considering that it was a chore, and I'd need a month and a half or so to complete the set... Not worth it.

I wasn't raiding anymore becasue I got burnt out in FCOB, leveling and experiencing the story was really fun, but then Bismark EX was a simple DPS check, Ravana EX a dance I didn't bother to learn, Alex normal fun the first 2-3 times, but still frustrating when you got an incompetent group, and the final nail on the coffin, Expert roulette being just 2 dungeons meant the chore of grinding Esoterics got really repetitive.

I will probably sub for a month every 1-2 patches and play through the story, do the new dungeons, etc., but I doubt, unless things change A LOT, that I will be playing this game for a long period of time, and dedicating a meaningful amount of my time raiding ever again.
    2??????

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I had been playing since XIV first came out, didn't like it at all until 1.23. Gave it an honest try in 2.0 and enjoyed it until the end game. I quit because it felt like a chore capping tomes every week and doing the CT raid. Then after all that grinding they put the gear in a dungeon in the next major patch. Every fight felt like I had to watch a video or read a guidebook and it wore on me quick. Kept logging in here and there only because a lot of my XI acquaintances played it. Eventually just stopped logging in until 3.0 came out and I gave that a good try after attending the fanfest and seeing the work they had for it (was highly hesitant at that point still.) After getting my character to 60 (which felt like a huge chore with all those damn fetch quests) I saw that endgame was the exact same as 2.0. Just unsubbed for the first time (wanted to support it since its a Final Fantasy game) about a week ago. I just don't even get how people enjoy it so much, all the comments in this thread are what I felt since 2.0 yet everyone kept playing. I don't think it will ever be a game for me but I might try it out again if there are any major changes, not like its expensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast