+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Distant Worlds     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wow, I drove to the St. Louis show this year thinking they'd never come near Tampa...low and behold, St. Pete.
    I'll be grabbing a ticket and can give you a ride to and from CS no problem.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well if we're doing this as a BG meetup, it'll def be awesome, my gf may be down, but if she isn't, i'll go alone np. We should def think of a place nearby lol.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    To those going to the St. Pete edition, you all down for getting food before or after the event?
    So just to kinda keep the thread alive, and for those who are going to the St. Petersburg Distant Worlds. (please don't kill me mods) I kinda was googling some local places for eating before or after the event, ranging from pretty expensive to not so expensive. Not sure what everyone would be in the mood for, but I just wanted to share a couple of places I found interesting, all with really good reviews. Feel free to add any other places as well!

Rococo Steakhouse

MLK Crab House

Engine No.9 Burgers

Kinda considering places that some of us possibly have never been to before, since some of us are driving a bit of a distance to get there.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I went to the Zelda symphony this past weekend for the first time. Glad I went and got to experiance it, but FF is leaps ahead in all aspects.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    I went to the Zelda symphony this past weekend for the first time. Glad I went and got to experiance it, but FF is leaps ahead in all aspects.
    I'm glad I didn't spring for tickets the handful of times it's been close to where I'm at. I've seen Distant Worlds five or six times; shit is great!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

By the way, if anyone bought a BG hat/shirt, wear that shit. I bought the polo BG logo shirt. I'll be rocking that with my knitted madragora cap

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    By the way, if anyone bought a BG hat/shirt, wear that shit. I bought the polo BG logo shirt. I'll be rocking that with my knitted madragora cap
    Seems like a good idea to at least wear a polo, but i'm going to be rocking a dress shirt and tie for the concert, but i'll probably bring a change of clothes for the dinner. Just as a former high school musician i feel like i need to respect proper concert hall attire. Just my way of thinking. ; ;

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

lol I don't even own a tie

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Having gone to one of the concerts in NJ earlier this year, I can say that you will be WAAAAAAAAAAAY overdressed in a tie. There were mofos rocking shorts/tees................and that was in January with like a foot of snow on the ground.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wear a three piece with accessories basically any time I go out to a nice place, and yeah, possibly just a handful of others do the same for these events. I end up sticking out like a sore thumb, but I aint no shleb. Not to say that it is a bad thing since for some half the fun is cosplay, but if people are just lazy about it, then it's probably assumed they're just smelly basement dwellers. I think some of the reason I get fancy is to show some of the non vidya folks that we're not all stereotypical.

Most importantly though, if you go to a place that hasn't hosted this tour yet (well, just in general too) is to give the performers great feedback after every piece and at the finale. Compared to the stick up their ass patrons they usually get, we give them something to really grin over; I swear every time I've gone I end up over hearing from one of them how exciting it is to have such a lively audience that really appreciates the music. It makes it 10 fold better for them.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Most importantly though, if you go to a place that hasn't hosted this tour yet (well, just in general too) is to give the performers great feedback after every piece and at the finale. Compared to the stick up their ass patrons they usually get, we give them something to really grin over; I swear every time I've gone I end up over hearing from one of them how exciting it is to have such a lively audience that really appreciates the music. It makes it 10 fold better for them.
    This this a thousand times this. Nearly every time I've went the ushers were extremely pleased to see how excited people were about the music. One usher who had to be at least in her 60s was like "It really brightens my day to see young people so excited about orchestral music. I don't know video games but I can appreciate the good vs. evil story that I guess this all means, right?"

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol i'll consider it. I know i was overdressed for the Miami distant worlds. But in my eyes it's just proper concert etiquette that i can't shake off. Lol

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Lol i'll consider it. I know i was overdressed for the Miami distant worlds. But in my eyes it's just proper concert etiquette that i can't shake off. Lol
    I'm the same way. I always dressed nicely to the shows and tried not to glare at the people in crocs and t-shirts.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone got any experience with A New world? It looks like a smaller distant worlds, but it's coming to Miami in the UM concert hall 3 weeks prior to distant worlds St. Pete. I might go since the tickets are $40.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I've not heard of it, and driving to Miami is not even remotely a fun proposition for me to find out.

Side note, my friend is cool with meeting up before/after the show. I wanted to make sure he would be cool with hanging with a bunch of internet strangers, but honestly, he'll probably be more social than I am (he usually is, anyway). As the show gets closer we can iron out details but I'm down to fuck around with you guys for a bit.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Anyone got any experience with A New world? It looks like a smaller distant worlds, but it's coming to Miami in the UM concert hall 3 weeks prior to distant worlds St. Pete. I might go since the tickets are $40.
    http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/ffnewworld

The producers of the live orchestra performance phenomenon Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY are proud to announce an intimate FINAL FANTASY music experience. ffnewworld.com

We have taken the majesty and power of the symphony orchestra and distilled it down to its most intimate, achingly beautiful elements.

A New World: intimate music from FINAL FANTASY presents fresh arrangements of music from throughout the 25+ years of the FINAL FANTASY catalogue for a variety of chamber ensembles. The programs feature string quartets, piano and guitar solos, duos, trios and other mixed groups of instrumentalists to produce an immediate and personal encounter with the extraordinary FINAL FANTASY musical themes, characters and settings.

The new FINAL FANTASY arrangements are written by Arnie Roth and Eric Roth of AWR Music Productions, the critically-hailed team behind the Distant Worlds concerts, with additional arrangements by Shiro Hamaguchi, Uematsu’s longtime collaborator on the FINAL FANTASY video game soundtrack recordings.

A New World joins Distant Worlds as an exclusive, officially licensed production with the renowned game developer SQUARE ENIX. A New World introduces audiences to the music from FINAL FANTASY on a personal and intimate scale that has yet to be experienced.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

My coworker was not happy with the San Jose show of A New World. But his complaints were along the lines of length of show and omissions of certain scores (my guess was lack of FF8 since that's his wife's favorite of the series). Mileage may vary.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Spoiler: show

Gotta find a white pair of pants and a brown shirt haha and we're gonna be golden

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Distant Worlds 2016

Omfg lol, btw 3 weeks away pretty much! What's bg gonna do for st. Pete's? Somehow my tickets never got shipped and now i gotta be at the will call office an hour early to get my tickets.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    My coworker was not happy with the San Jose show of A New World. But his complaints were along the lines of length of show and omissions of certain scores (my guess was lack of FF8 since that's his wife's favorite of the series). Mileage may vary.
    I had absolutely no clue you lived in the bay area. We should get together for a beer and bitch about how much our teams suck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag