+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

the english version of the song isnt bad, but that remix is amazing only in JP…

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Maybe because there was no game on PS3 the graphical different between KH1/2 vs 0.8 (and ultimately KH3) is kind of jarring. It'll take some getting used to the characters themselves. But the gameplay looks gorgeous

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Japanese PS4 Slim exclusive
    The console comes with the following items:

• PlayStation 4 Jet Black 500GB/1TB console x 1
    • Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary Top Cover x 1
    • Original Design Package
    • Wireless Controller (DualShock4) Jet Black x 1
    • Monoaural Headset
    • Power Cord
    • HDMI Cable
    • USB Cable
    https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/...ps_tw_20161209
    http://pur.store.sony.jp/ps4/product...B_KH_purchase/

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Gameinformer have reviewed this game and gave a 8.5

http://kh13.com/news/gameinformer-re...s-latest-issue

Spoiler: show
    GameInformer has reviewed Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue in its latest issue, giving it a rating of 8.5/10 and giving the game its Silver ranking, meaning it's the second best review in this month's issue.

The review begins with stating that the concept of the game is that it is the PS4 port of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and the beginning of Kingdom Hearts III. Also, the voice acting is solid, the graphics are crisp and the environments are very detailed, and the controls are as smooth as ever for a Kingdom Hearts game. The camera controls are also easier to use than in prior games.

A good portion of the review talks about Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage-, saying that it will be about 3-4 hours long. Getting accessories for Aqua will come from completing quests rather than just opening chests. Each level will have its own mission like finding the 5 gears to get to Cinderella's castle. Also, there is a Critical mode than can be unlocked when you complete the game. There is also going to be a scene that could be from or directly links to Kingdom Hearts III at the end.

Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover is said to run about an hour long, but is going to be the best visual movie out of all of the HD movies in the series. Dream Drop Distance HD is supposed to run smoother on the PS4 and the touchpad will be used closely to what the touchscreen was on the 3DS.

You can read the full review in the latest issue of Game Informer this month.

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/gameinformer-re...#ixzz4UuhzCfr2

In Game Informer's review for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, it is stated that Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- ends with a lengthy cutscene that presumably leads into the beginning of Kingdom Hearts III. Gameinformer describes the scene as characters "embarking on the next part of their journey" and that the scene overall moves the story forward.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So what they're saying is, youtube the ending scene and save your time :3

BG Level

I was thinking about canceling KH 2.8 after hearing this

Canada games are like 80$ + Taxes (63$ + taxes) if you have amazon prime

So you have 1 full 3DS game (KH 3D)
    1 1h Movie
    1 3h game

for 80$

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for a price drop on this. I've tried playing KH DDD in the past and just could not get into it really. I guess I'll give it another shot in the future, but this definitely seems a bit too expensive for what you get.

There is still the game aspect of the game. Provided you haven't played KH:DDD you'll get enough value from that alone (which will actually have good controls).

Then there's Aqua's thing which is a preview to KH3 and the opening basically.

Seems like good value to me. I dunno what you would value the movie at though, but I wouldn't consider that.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I came into this expecting 0.8 to be really short. I'm actually surprised it's potentially 4 hours long. And having never played KH3D, thats a big reason why I was planning on buying this anyway

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    There is still the game aspect of the game. Provided you haven't played KH:DDD you'll get enough value from that alone (which will actually have good controls).

Then there's Aqua's thing which is a preview to KH3 and the opening basically.

Seems like good value to me. I dunno what you would value the movie at though, but I wouldn't consider that.
    Ehh, $60 for a better graphics 3DS title that I assume was $40 + a few extra hours from 0.2 + a movie seems a bit much. At $40 or less I'd feel better about it.

Better graphics AND controls. The control thing is why I'm excited, cause DDD is a lot of fun. Again, provided you haven't played it I think the value is there for sure.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Cancelled my preorder. I'll wait for a price drop, lol.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I came into this expecting 0.8 to be really short. I'm actually surprised it's potentially 4 hours long. And having never played KH3D, thats a big reason why I was planning on buying this anyway
    Echoing this for myself, sans the 0.8 thing, I already was up to speed on that one. I'm sure it's much shorter if you just go in a straight line from A - B - C without trying to get involved in whatever the mechanics of the game offer.

Better have a crit mode.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Echoing this for myself, sans the 0.8 thing, I already was up to speed on that one. I'm sure it's much shorter if you just go in a straight line from A - B - C without trying to get involved in whatever the mechanics of the game offer.

Better have a crit mode.
    .8 has a critical mode that's how you access the special movie for KH3

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm totally up for playing DDD again with controls that aren't ass. I don't know why Microsoft and Nintendo keep insisting on putting the left stick on top of the dpad. It makes using both at the same time really uncomfortable.

BG Level

If anyone wanna watch BB0.2 and doesn't mind JP go here

the run is about 2h10 so it,s really short, and possibly the 'KH3 leading scene' starts at 2h15.

Incase people would conisder this spoiler

I don't know what they say because it's in JP but tit's about 10min and the scenes are in Yen Sid's house and in the gummy ship

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Okay, so it's a single stream kind of game. Perfect. Now I just need to finish BBS before it comes out.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Easy to do, you can complete one character a day with little effort.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The gameplay looks gorgeous (even in 360p >_>) but the cutscenes are still a little jarring for me. The characters look a little too smooth and glossy. But they're way more lively and actively animated too which was nice

The Sora, Donald and Goofy bit looks like a lot of fun and they really do come off as lively and fluid. Honestly looks like a lot of fun. And I guess the 0.2 story takes place simultaneously with the events of KH1. I like that they explained why Mickey was half naked lol

Edit: Now I know why the cutscene CGI bothers me. It looks too much like this

Which was a show from the 90's >_>

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Easy to do, you can complete one character a day with little effort.
    Yeah I have 1-2 more stream sessions to finish. I'm at Neverland on Terra (my last character to do).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast