FFXI Server
    Asura

Ingrids questline is also unfinished.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Its always been like that though, for a couple years now atleast, whos the asshole who cried and had them "fix" it?
    Been like that since 2004.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I haven't played since February, but have they since added a quest that addresses the below?

Why are there no Dragoons or Dragons at all in all of Seekers of Adoulin? Did the developers forget their own lore or was it an intentional omission. If it was accidental, I hope they don't balk and say "oh...uh well, all dragons suddenly went extinct after the crystal war." Because that would be a silly cop out!

So there's this Freelancer NPC from Wings of the Goddess named Achtelle. She's a Dragoon from Adoulin. The NPC that tells you information on Freelancers says this about her:

Achtelle is a young Elvaan wyverness from Adoulin Isle to the west, the proud keeper-weepers of the last of the dragoon tradition. The draketamers there herald her as the most skilled of their order.

What's a drake/draketamer? Seekers of Adoulin is over and we have never seen or heard about drakes nor draketamers in any quest/mission at all.

Camate
    11-19-2014, 05:26 AM
    I’ve returned from my mission to secure lore information! I did my best to get what I could out of the Lore Team...

First, in regards to the question about draketamers. Its seems that each order of the Twelve Orders has some type of an animal-related alias. As it happens, those from the Order of Thurandaut call themselves “draketamers”. The NPC Flaviria is the current heir of the Order of Thurandaut. The team mentioned that there might just be a quest that goes into more detail about the draketamers in the future.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think the final Tarutaru Sauce quest vaguely alluded to raptor battles in Rala Waterways, and the reward is a pet earring because that Coalition has ties to the Order of Thurandaut?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You guys could probably use windower to overwrite FFXI's F8 with "input /targetbnpc" if that's what you wanted, I think.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You'd need a bit better than that, /targetnpc targets the nearest npc or mob.

F8 targets the nearest mob, unless there are none, in which case it targets the nearest npc.

Now, both function as /targetnpc, so you're unable to use F8 to target a mob behind trusts quickly.

A lua function to imitate it could be written pretty easily using menu style /target entityid, then bound to the key though.

Edit: leaving post for stupidity, didn't realize /targetbnpc was an entirely different command from /targetnpc

Campaign
    BG Level

could associate F8 with "exec target.txt"
    into the target.txt you put the following two lines:
    1) /targetbnpc
    2) /targetnpc

That way it will target a mob, but if none is in range it will then target an NPC.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just targetbnpc would probably be closest to what people want. If you put both into a text, you'll end up with /targetnpc still working after /targetbnpc even if there's a valid mob.

An exact replacement would involve iterating through entity array in a function and binding the function to F8.

Was it confirmed this was an intentional change by SE?

Campaign
    BG Level

If you put them both without a wait line, the second command should produce no result if the first produces a target.
    (it's too fast)
    Vice-versa if the first line doesn't produce a valid output, the second line will be correctly processed because the first didn't happen.

Should work in theory. If it doesn't you could create a gearswap function where you can execute the first line and then check for your target, if there's still no target, then execute the /targetnpc line.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well I dunno but F8 never targetted what ever I wanted to target so I never got used to it. plus im a controller player so I dont do much on the keyboard other than type and a few other things (way too many keys, and in the dark i am liable to miss the key i need). Ive mostly used the dpad on controller to quickly tab thru targets, but this gets annoying when u have trusts/players/mobs in the background to go thru and if they are moving u target them again. Also I hate how auto-targeting (when u defeat a mob and it targets another) ALWAYS targets the farthest fuckin mob that isnt eating my face as bad (blms, rngs). god i hate that with so much fury.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I hate what they did to Beastmaster, now you have to be at 5 yalms from your pet to do your commands and stuff >.<
    5 freaking yalms! Might as well be meleeing the freaking thing! >.< O wait I forgot, I make myself crap in stats so my pet can do allot of stuff and outshine me while I stay in the shadows and give orders

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    If you put them both without a wait line, the second command should produce no result if the first produces a target.
    (it's too fast)
    Vice-versa if the first line doesn't produce a valid output, the second line will be correctly processed because the first didn't happen.

Should work in theory. If it doesn't you could create a gearswap function where you can execute the first line and then check for your target, if there's still no target, then execute the /targetnpc line.
    The wait because actions are too fast is due to the game having an internal restriction of one packet per 1second of certain types. Target doesn't use packets, so 2 back-to-back both process.

Doing it through gearswap may work, but it may also require a built in wait. Not sure if windower queues the command inside the game's queue or actually waits until it executes.

The only way to correctly mimic it is to iterate through the entity array with similar rules to what it used before and send a /target [entityid] for the monster it selects.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Loshiniloi View Post
    I hate what they did to Beastmaster, now you have to be at 5 yalms from your pet to do your commands and stuff >.<
    5 freaking yalms! Might as well be meleeing the freaking thing! >.< O wait I forgot, I make myself crap in stats so my pet can do allot of stuff and outshine me while I stay in the shadows and give orders
    What's even more ridiculous is that you can easily be meleeing the same mob as your pet and still be out of command range, even on small mobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So can't remember if it was this update or another recent one but has anyone noticed a bunch of autotranslate words are missing? Like no more trousers or bait or jerkin. Were the jokes getting that out of hand?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So can't remember if it was this update or another recent one but has anyone noticed a bunch of autotranslate words are missing? Like no more trousers or bait or jerkin. Were the jokes getting that out of hand?
    PS2 limitations, had to remove some of the translations, was before this update, think August.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    PS2 limitations, had to remove some of the translations, was before this update, think August.
    What to make room for new items or something?

Campaign
    BG Level

It's in the patch notes. They added some new technical terms if I recall, about some new commands I think?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Loshiniloi View Post
    sad truth, but SMN and BST roles reversed. As a SMN i can give orders now way out of range without the message that im too far away. for once i am in no real danger when i order my pet around

So the Shadow Throne chair can be synthed apparently, just confirmed it at the Bonecraft NPC. Lv 94 Bone, unknown Alchemy sub. Dark Crystal, Demon Skull, 2 Demon Horns, 2 Giant Femurs, Demon Blood, Fiend Blood and Necropsyche.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wonder if the other ones can be crafted