Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All of Promathia's WS seem to be Dark based, so Lux Wards do great against him. The only difference between phase 1 and 2 seems to be Meteor and extra WSs, which are specifically the shields, and the silence and amnesia ones. The plague and curse moves are possible in phase one.

Omega is pretty simple. For Ultima, using Vex can help outright resist Nuclear Waste. Haven't tried VD yet though, so I'll see how reliable that is.

Campaign
    BG Level

I noticed something clunky in the enmity of... I forgot if it was Omega or Ultima, one of the two. Think it was Omega.
    Does it have any hate reset moves? Or something that increases hate decay?
    Because otherwise I don't get how I could lose hate to the healer so fast yesterday, in a couple of circumstances.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pile Pitch (I think the name was?) is a hate reset. I know when we fought him he started spamming it near the last 25%. Poor PLD would get hate back for all of three seconds before it was gone again.

Campaign
    BG Level

I didn't notice my HP dropping to 5%... but I guess that's the move that fucked up my enmity then. Can't think of anything else.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I don't remember it dropping us to critical either, our PLD's HP was fine just... constant hate loss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah Omega has always had enmity reset with PP. It's only 90% iirc and these throat stab type moves things are effected by DT and absorb effects so can do even less and you might not notice them. So fun things like this can happen

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    and these throat stab type moves things are effected by DT and absorb effects
    Oh I have 55% DT so it kinda makes sense then. I noticed a few big hits (possibly ~40% damage) just never noticed something so big to leave me at 5%.

I remember that thing with Voso, I did it myself with Liement, but I guess it doesn't work with Pile Pitch since it's non-elemental, correct?

Just a note, but was doing D Promathia, and on BLU I threw out a Sudden Lunge just to see if it'd land. Sure enough, was able to stun lock him very well (not a 1-2 second stun either, anywhere up to 10 seconds if I was lucky). Resisted a bit near the end, but was pretty reliable. Sushi, solid Magic accuracy, Tizona, 1200 JP, etc. Wondering if Omega/Ultima can be locked also.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I lucked out soloing promy and can thus proudly confirm the drop:

Spoiler: show

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

VD I'm guessing?

I solo'd Normal about 21 times. Another LS member did it 33 times and another LS member did it 16 times. We all got everything BUT the doublet.

Drop rate must be insanely low may even require VD.

Anyways grats!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    I lucked out soloing promy and can thus proudly confirm the drop:

Spoiler: show

What diff?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Got my drop soloing Difficult. Never did VD. First drop in about 30+ total runs in our LS between ppl. Droprate seems very bad, just got lucky.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Oh I have 55% DT so it kinda makes sense then. I noticed a few big hits (possibly ~40% damage) just never noticed something so big to leave me at 5%.

I remember that thing with Voso, I did it myself with Liement, but I guess it doesn't work with Pile Pitch since it's non-elemental, correct?
    Not really sure what blink is mine was just from af3 so would work on PP as well. No idea on PP though either... possible elements aren't well documented and aren't even generally looked into.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What strat did you do on SCH? Just curious.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ensipid View Post
    What strat did you do on SCH? Just curious.
    - Summoned trusts: Amchuchu, Gessho, Selh'teus, Apururu, +1 (I used Cherukiki)

- Eat new Crepe for MACC overload.

- Stand at 20 to avoid the dispel move. AoE Silence and Stun will however still hit.

Self SC MB a Pyrohelix II for around 1800 damage - this is basically the main source of damage. Modus never really lands. Let trusts do their thing, keep nuking up and down the Fire list. Self skillchains outside of Helix don't seem to be worth it with the risk of getting silenced and stunned or trusts interrupting the SC. Slow and Paralyse land pretty well with a good set and help keep your trusts alive. He is very resistant to DARK so Kaustra and Impact are out of the race. Usually takes a little less than about 2 Helix durations to kill off 1 Phase. Phase 2 can put up a magic shield but the Helix will still tick down. I usually use TabulaRasa and Embrava to speed up Phase 2 a little when it's up. If Trusts die, stick Gravity on it, make sure the Helix II is on and run circles flailing your arms.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Conqueror of Fear, is the title for O/U on VD. Just in case noone posted it yet

too bad its not "One to be feared", would hav been a better wordjoke

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Any solo strats for U/O? First phase hit hard on my BST, second phase was a breeze. Still won but was insanely sloppy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So an addendum to Pile pitch... a pup in my ls tried it with auto tanking and it was doing so little dmg that he had to be having a much higher reduction than can be gotten thru gear alone. No frame can get extra bdt. He left before I could ask what frame but I'd assume valoredge which would mean it's definitely physical dmg since that frame can't gain extra mdt. If it was a frame that could shell it's potentially magic but I'd say most likely physical.... it might be that all the throat stab like moves are like this I know when tanking Voso it was a lot easier with ergon run than pld.

tl;dr stack pdt for it

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Main thing I noted on O/U is freaking constant enstun on first mob. I'm going back on NIN just to get around that crap.

Promathia seems ridiculously simple; just screwing around me and my duo partner went double SMN and smacked him down. Lack of TH resulted in crap for drops. Light chains are definitely a thing, as he seems to take decent damage from them. We used August/Amchuchu/Apururu/Koru-Moru as trust, and August died halfway through. Amchuchu barely got scratched, and her Wards were welcome, do thinking this is another fight in which RUN is quite viable as a tank.

Also, BP from 22 yalms means out of AoE range, so yeah.

Random: Tyche, I freaking hate you. Go get me one. (Grats, of course.)

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Omega/ultima doable on easy with trusts?