+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exodus Server Now Live     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Please delete

please delete this thread. Another user (I know them as Darunia) may request its deletion as well, this is fine.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I had to make an account to just let everyone who is checking this out know that this is by far the best server to play on! Everything is tuned perfectly and setup the right way to actually enjoy leveling, you don't have to feel gimpy but you still gotta camp for those leaping boots! Also the folks running this server are great, great plans are coming together and I know that this server is going to skyrocket once word starts getting out. There's even a system in place to reward helping others with missions and that's just the beginning. Needs a few more players but that's the only downside I can think of. Enjoy the game how it should play. If you're reading this and questioning, don't hesitate and just log in, you won't regret it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Nasr1490 View Post
    I had to make an account to just let everyone who is checking this out know that this is by far the best server to play on! Everything is tuned perfectly and setup the right way to actually enjoy leveling, you don't have to feel gimpy but you still gotta camp for those leaping boots! Also the folks running this server are great, great plans are coming together and I know that this server is going to skyrocket once word starts getting out. There's even a system in place to reward helping others with missions and that's just the beginning. Needs a few more players but that's the only downside I can think of. Enjoy the game how it should play. If you're reading this and questioning, don't hesitate and just log in, you won't regret it.
    Thank you so much! We're so glad you're enjoying it.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I've been playing around on this server for a little under two weeks now. It's very stable, with just the normal bugs you'd find on any DSP server. Leveling is fast if you plan out your camp grounds, but not insane like some servers that jack up exp to like 10x. Some GoV pages are bugged, but again just the normal problems associated with DSP. The stocked AH makes it easy to always relevant gear and spells, but does totally eliminate the need for gil at all. If the economy of a server is something that you like to jump into, this might not be the server for you, as only high level HQs and some NM drops aren't stocked on the AH.

The largest downside so far has been the small population. Expect to spend a decent amount of time solo, and two-box to make life easier. I see more people on now than two weeks ago, so the server is growing, but it's not yet at the point where there is always a pt to jump into. This is fine for me, as I enjoy relaxing after class and two-boxing book pages for an hour here and there. However, the low population does make it more difficult to get through things like the limit break quests. The people that are playing have been very friendly and helpful, but there are times when you might need help with something (like getting by that door in Garlaige), and you just have to put it on the back burner for a little while.

That being said, I've been enjoying my time on the server, and the low population is something that hopefully will continue to see gradual improvement. Anyone who is looking for some relaxed, casual nostalgic FFXI will likely have a good time on Exodus. And just to reiterate, everyone that I have run into from other random dudes to the GMs has been very friendly.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thanks Viq! Hopefully we'll get some more people from your timezone, too. The current population is in bed when you're usually on it seems, or else we'd totally help with those genkais! Make sure to ask if you see us!

Thank you for the compliments though, we appreciate it. And yeah, growing fast! This week has been huge for new registrations. We're getting there!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I sent a PM to Flux with the same question but he hasn't responded so I will ask here.

Does the installation process for this cause any implications towards playing on retail?

no it doesn't. You are using the retail files, but it doesn't change anything in the retail that could cause harm. So you could setup one windower profile to use the loader for DSP servers, and another that uses the pol.exe for retail. You could even use them at the same time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    no it doesn't. You are using the retail files, but it doesn't change anything in the retail that could cause harm. So you could setup one windower profile to use the loader for DSP servers, and another that uses the pol.exe for retail. You could even use them at the same time.
    Great, thanks for the swift response

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

This is more tempting than it probably should be... dat nostalgia though.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    This is more tempting than it probably should be... dat nostalgia though.
    Give in! Doesn't hurt to give it a shot. :3

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We just fixed an error in the Check Files portion of the installation process. If you got stuck there before and gave up, make sure to try again now! It's all better, if you follow the newly added "Patch Files" step in our installation wiki page: http://exodus-ffxi.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_Guide

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And Treasures of Aht Urhgan isn't going anywhere!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Great private server to play on, while numbers are a little low at the moment everybody I've met has been very friendly. Auction House & Craft/Skill ups are at a nice pace but not too easy. No technical issues so far but Ive barely made it out of the starting zones. Just enjoying the huge nostalgia hit right now.
    I reccomend to anybody to give it a go.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Darunia View Post
    Great private server to play on, while numbers are a little low at the moment everybody I've met has been very friendly. Auction House & Craft/Skill ups are at a nice pace but not too easy. No technical issues so far but Ive barely made it out of the starting zones. Just enjoying the huge nostalgia hit right now.
    I reccomend to anybody to give it a go.
    Thanks a lot Darunia! :D

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I don't care that it's on a private server. Getting an e.body still feels fantastic.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I don't care that it's on a private server. Getting an e.body still feels fantastic.

Congrats Viq, I remember that feeling well and I always enjoyed the Nidhogg/Fafnir fights.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

For the curious, the server is alive and well, new updates every often and plenty of friendly folks to help you out with things. It's come quite a ways since I first started about two months ago. So once again, come do all the things you never could in retail.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Nasr1490 View Post
    For the curious, the server is alive and well, new updates every often and plenty of friendly folks to help you out with things. It's come quite a ways since I first started about two months ago. So once again, come do all the things you never could in retail.
    Thank you, we appreciate the kind words. :D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For the next 4 days, retail FFXI is free to log in to! Now is a GREAT time for you to join, or to tell your friends to come join us with a server transfer application! We accept retail screenshots of gear for transfers!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/
    http://exodus-ffxi.wikia.com/wiki/Se...on_Information