+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looks like Rise of the Resistance is using the same tactic as opening day Galaxy's Edge where you have to get a boarding pass in order to get on the ride. People are lining up early so they can scan into the park as quickly as possible so they can obtain a boarding pass (you have to be scanned into the park to get the pass thru the app). They only have so many boarding passes per day and they run out within the first hour. They are also not allowing people to hold multiple boarding passes, so each person can only experience the ride once per day. I expect a lot of park goers are going to be upset once the passes run out after the first hour of the park being open...

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm at disney atm with family and rode Rise. We had to get lined up at 5AM to even have a shot.
    After we got our Boarding Passes we got to go in at about 10:30AM. I think all of the passes were gone in 45mins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s a new ride based on one of the most popular IPs in the world during the holiday season, so obscene wait times are to be expected.

I went to GE opening about a day after Hurricane Dorian skirted by and it was a ghost town and it was amazing, I’ll probably never be that lucky again with my timing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Garaku View Post
    I'm at disney atm with family and rode Rise. We had to get lined up at 5AM to even have a shot.
    After we got our Boarding Passes we got to go in at about 10:30AM. I think all of the passes were gone in 45mins
    This is what I was afraid of. It's going to be hell for Disneyland. I am still trying to figure out how many people per boarding group and there seems to be a hard cap of 120 boarding groups but they roll over to 121 and above for a "standby" queue for later in the day and they start accepting those boarding passes if they are able to fulfill 1-120 and the park is still open.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

ROTR opened at Disneyland today and boarding groups were apparently gone by 8:10am , and that was backup groups.

Reported of people getting backup groups at 8:01am when groups opened at 8am today. Basically means that those groups only will be called if all others make it through which there's no guarantee of.

Last night they opened parking at midnight for toy story lot and regular time for Mickey and friends. Watched bloggers and Instagram posts if people waiting in the rain at midnight at the gates last night.
    I'm going this weekend from Sunday to Tuesday but have realistic expectations due to glitches and such so we will see.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    ROTR opened at Disneyland today and boarding groups were apparently gone by 8:10am , and that was backup groups.

Reported of people getting backup groups at 8:01am when groups opened at 8am today. Basically means that those groups only will be called if all others make it through which there's no guarantee of.

Last night they opened parking at midnight for toy story lot and regular time for Mickey and friends. Watched bloggers and Instagram posts if people waiting in the rain at midnight at the gates last night.
    I'm going this weekend from Sunday to Tuesday but have realistic expectations due to glitches and such so we will see.

General boarding passes (up to group 82) were full at 8:03 and the standby slots filled at 8:10 yesterday. Today was much worse with general boarding filling at 8:01. Today has been better overall when it comes to boarding group processing as I’ve been tracking the efficiency and they have been moving thru groups without too much issue. They should start calling standby groups around 5pm (83-126) today if they continue at their current pace. If I were you I would definitely use your magic morning if you are staying at a hotel to get into the park early thereby bypassing the long lines just to get in since you have to be scanned into the park to join a boarding group when the park officially opens. Im not sure how bad Sundays lines will be but today at around 6:30am the general admission line was backed all the way up to DCA.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    General boarding passes (up to group 82) were full at 8:03 and the standby slots filled at 8:10 yesterday. Today was much worse with general boarding filling at 8:01. Today has been better overall when it comes to boarding group processing as I’ve been tracking the efficiency and they have been moving thru groups without too much issue. They should start calling standby groups around 5pm (83-126) today if they continue at their current pace. If I were you I would definitely use your magic morning if you are staying at a hotel to get into the park early thereby bypassing the long lines just to get in since you have to be scanned into the park to join a boarding group when the park officially opens. Im not sure how bad Sundays lines will be but today at around 6:30am the general admission line was backed all the way up to DCA.
    We are AP holders so staying at the Anaheim hilton for cheap but plan to be there early. I'm no stranger to this since I was there insanely early during the reservation periods for SWGE last year.

Friends on FB got in an early group at 16 so definitely just part luck too. I know what I need to do and will have 3 chances of days so fingers crossed for one day!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    We are AP holders so staying at the Anaheim hilton for cheap but plan to be there early. I'm no stranger to this since I was there insanely early during the reservation periods for SWGE last year.

Friends on FB got in an early group at 16 so definitely just part luck too. I know what I need to do and will have 3 chances of days so fingers crossed for one day!

General boarding was full as of 8:01 today and standby was a few minutes later. I am hearing whispering of people using API bots to secure boarding passes. At first I thought nothing of it but when I compared the app to a standard API Get request that the app uses, I was able to get instant live boarding group info at exactly 9:00am whereas the official Disney App took almost a half minute past park opening before it showed any live status.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

So we got screwed our first day which was Monday. Arrived at parks by 6am for 8am opening , scanned in by 7:25am. Go look around shops while waiting , try to book a fastpass using maxpass, odd that it says I'm not in park, oh well must mean I can't book until park opens.

8am hits..I hit boarding group says I'm not in the park..WTFFFF. I WAS LIVID.
    Guest services were unhelpful even though I obviously couldn't let myself in and it glitched. We used our phones to get scanned in and decided to use our physical passes the next day. That first experience definitely soured my day a bit then to top things off dramamine I took made me so sick I spent 2pm to 7pm in the hotel room alone and missed dinner I planned so was a rough start.

Tuesday morning our last full day I was determined so woke up at 4:30am , walked into security at 5:50am, parks opened at 9 am with 8am early entry . I was at the front of gate 13 because I wanted to make sure our passes actually scanned. As soon as they scanned us I was able to book a fastpass using maxpass confirming I was in the park this time. I had a chance..

8:59am rolls around and my heart is racing , and 9am hits and the join boarding group doesn't light up. I hit "my status" which brings me to join boarding group and I'm in ! We made group 49 , couple next to me made group 10. I literally jumped up and down almost crying I was so happy. And let me tell you the ride was worth every moment.

That first day was the worst because I never had a fair shot at one because disney failed us. It is a lottery and I'm fine with missing out but thankful we got in the next day. According to another local AP friend, the tickets not scanning is a known issue especially among annual passes.

City Hall did not help , nor will the ROTR cast members per management though the ones by the ride were at least willing to listen and made attempts to call management and explain things. Though reports of high end Instagram influencers or bloggers basically strong arming their way in have been told.

Today was so dead in the parks I wished we had a full day. We did get there at 10:30am and I was able to enjoy the rest of the lunar new year foods , ride the ferris wheel , fast pass Guardians, walk to Disneyland and Fastpass star tours , eat lunch at plaza inn , walk on jungle cruise where our boat had to be towed in LOL , ride pirates , and do some last minute souvenir shopping before leaving at 3pm to get an uber to the airport.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Apparently I learned today that you have better chances by:

1) logging out and logging back in after you scanned into the park to refresh your tickets
    2) hit “my status” before park opening and just swipe down to force the app to run the GET API call so that it refreshes the status screen. Just keep swiping until the button lights up to get a boarding pass.

Also I’ve been tracking this road on my own custom Disneyland dashboard. This is the status at 5:56pm:

Ignore the est last boarding group. It’s off by an hour because the dashboard thinks the park closes at 8pm so it should actually read 78.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Disneyland raised their prices again. This time it’s an increase of $50 across the board for all annual passes. Additionally they added two new tiers to the single day tickets with Tier 5 days being $154 dollars. Multi-day tickets increased by $10. Looks like good ol Chapek is testing the market to see how people respond to the price changes before marvel land in which we may see another price hike.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The two biggest complaints against Disney Parks are the prices and the crowds. Gotta pick one. But if you raise prices exponentially and people *still* pay and attend, it’s the best case scenario from a business perspective. From the consumer perspective, it’s the worst case scenario.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The two biggest complaints against Disney Parks are the prices and the crowds. Gotta pick one. But if you raise prices exponentially and people *still* pay and attend, it’s the best case scenario from a business perspective. From the consumer perspective, it’s the worst case scenario.
    There was a post on one of the Disney forums from a cast member talking about how the Coronavirus shutting down Shanghai Disney was gonna to affect things here. There was a theory that either there would be cuts or price hikes and it looks like they took the later option. The increase is very modest because people’s monthly AP price increases by a little over $4 bucks a month. You can somewhat offset that price by paying $50 more on your down payment and using discounted gift cards to pay the down payment in person if you are doing a new pass.

Thing is Disney can keep raising the prices and people will continue to buy them. People will start shifting to lower tiers because they want to keep their passes. To some, Disney APs are like a trophy.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Been mulling about buying the So Cal discount 3-day 1-park for $199 and use by May 21st. I wouldn't be able to go til April the earliest. At least they didn't jack the price up on that discount.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Been mulling about buying the So Cal discount 3-day 1-park for $199 and use by May 21st. I wouldn't be able to go til April the earliest. At least they didn't jack the price up on that discount.
    It's a good deal and you have 13 days to use the remaining two days after you activate the ticket. If you plan it right you can go for three different weekends.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    SoCal always get these deals and I admit I'm fucking bitter over it lol.
    Being in NorCal we don't get shit yet I know a ton of annual passholders who would buy these tickets too if ever offered.

I'm thinking of trying the flex pass next ( Currently have Deluxe).
    Last trip is first week in March and I'm going solo due to schedules so trying to enjoy what I can. I don't think I'm renewing immediately.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

AP presale tickets to Star Wars after dark in August went on sale under the radar around 2am PST.

The presale tickets sold out before the end of the day so glad I subscribe to many disney forums so got mine!

Many are pissed off Rise of the Resistance won't be running but not surprising given it's needed maintenance.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lucasfilm VP of Licensing Paul Southern revealed in an interview that meet & greets with Mando and animatronic “Baby Yoda” will be coming to Disney parks in the “very near future”.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

So Disney has started releasing a limited edition collection for the year and they started in January. Basically there's a limited edition set of Minnie ears ,a pin set , magicband , plush and mini backpack.
    First month was Space Mountain theme.

I happened to get lucky and grab 2 extra pairs of minnie ears at Disneyland last month. They retail for $34.99..they are selling on ebay for almost $200 a pair.
    Currently mine is at $120 with 6 days to go and just listed 5 hours ago lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney is great at capitalizing on people’s FOMO with limited merchandise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag