+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Disney is great at capitalizing on people’s FOMO with limited merchandise.
    Disney kind of creates this by setting high limits on stuff like this. I think with the ears you could buy a max of 10 at a time and there was a video of a person at one of the shops cleaning out the displays. They did the same with the limit edition popcorn bucket cauldrons last year. You could buy 2 at a time but they didn’t stop people from going from one cart to another. I saw some guy walking out of the park with at least 10+ lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney CEO Bob Iger is stepping down. He is being replaced by former head of theme parks Bob Chapek. This is going to be a disaster for Disney on many levels, not just theme parks. Chapek is a buffoon.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yup there is a reason he has the nickname Cheapek. It was his idea to gut at a lot of the planned theming for Galaxys edge which would’ve made the land much better. Some of the things that were axed were a third ride, a sit down entertainment restaurant, and some kind of stunt show/battle between the first order and resistance.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Disney being sued over their ADA Policy. The suit claims Disney is in violation of the ADA because it makes guests with autism and other disabilities wait too long to get on a ride. In the past, the old ADA policy at Disneyland had you go to city hall to let them know you have a person or persons with a disability in your group. A CM would give that person a Guest Assistance Card which was basically a get in front of the line pass for all rides for the whole group. This was changed in 2013 because guests were abusing this policy by hiring a person with disabilities allowing their group to skip lines. Under the new policy, guests are now given a card that tells them to return at a specific time similar to fast passes. The suit that was filled in California stated that a 13 year old who visited the park who has been diagnosed with Autism, severe OCD, ADHD, and anxiety attacks had a meltdown because he only wants to go on his favorite rides in a specific order, however, under the new policy, the order is based on the return time for the ride.

https://ktla.com/news/california/dis...wsuits-allege/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems like a stretch

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This story is like three years old, unless it’s being updated that it’s actually going to court?

Anyways, Tokyo Disney, Shanghai, and Hong Kong Disney are closing for an undisclosed amount of time because of coronavirus fears and that’s pretty unheard of.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This story is like three years old, unless it’s being updated that it’s actually going to court?

Anyways, Tokyo Disney, Shanghai, and Hong Kong Disney are closing for an undisclosed amount of time because of coronavirus fears and that’s pretty unheard of.
    My bad it was the same lawsuit but it had to be filed again because the higher court judge sent it back to the lower courts.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opened yesterday at Hollywood Studios, the videos I’ve watched of the ride are incredible. Lines reached up to a 300 minute wait at one point. So weird that just a year or two ago HS was a half day park at best but it’s now an all day park again.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm at Disneyland for a so trip. Snagged group 14 for rise, so excited I'll get on early and not have to worry about planning around my boarding group. It's 10:41, almost 3 hours after park opening and no one has gotten on yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I'm at Disneyland for a so trip. Snagged group 14 for rise, so excited I'll get on early and not have to worry about planning around my boarding group. It's 10:41, almost 3 hours after park opening and no one has gotten on yet.

Saturday was bad. They didn't call anything until close to one and a lot of people were getting mad from what I heard.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Saturday was bad. They didn't call anything until close to one and a lot of people were getting mad from what I heard.
    Yup, I got my notification at 1245 pm. I just hate people take it out on the CM's like they decided to keep the ride down for five hours for shits and giggles.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Due to Covid-19, Disneyland will be closing starting Saturday the 14th until the end of the month. During the two and a half weeks of closure, CM's will continue to be paid which is great news.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Due to Covid-19, Disneyland will be closing starting Saturday the 14th until the end of the month. During the two and a half weeks of closure, CM's will continue to be paid which is great news.
    The amount of crying in my Disney Facebook groups about paying for their passes during this is insane. In one group like 50 fucking people spammed the group with the same article so a moderator had to go all caps on them.

It's possible they could extend them but highly unlikely since they cover themselves in the contract you have to agree to and sign.
    I haven't even checked the disney forum I belong to yet.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    The amount of crying in my Disney Facebook groups about paying for their passes during this is insane. In one group like 50 fucking people spammed the group with the same article so a moderator had to go all caps on them.

It's possible they could extend them but highly unlikely since they cover themselves in the contract you have to agree to and sign.
    I haven't even checked the disney forum I belong to yet.

Damn, that kind of reaction from people reminds me of FFXI players getting mad when they shut down the servers after the earthquake in Japan 9 years ago. I'd rather get blocked from going for two weeks than to risk getting infected.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Damn, that kind of reaction from people reminds me of FFXI players getting mad when they shut down the servers after the earthquake in Japan 9 years ago. I'd rather get blocked from going for two weeks than to risk getting infected.
    I was there last weekend, so if Astylla suddenly becomes single, you'll know the virus got me lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney World in Orlando is also closing but as of now it only appears to be this weekend.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Disney World in Orlando is also closing but as of now it only appears to be this weekend.
    Hmm that's not what I've been reading at all. They are only staying open until this weekend.

"Due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Paris Resort will close at the end of the business day Sunday through the end of the month, the company said in a statement tonight."

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh, I must have misread then. No one shuts down a park like Gaston! And coronavirus.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I had plans to go on Sunday but with the closure I’m debating if I should go Friday after work, but I have a feeling it’s going to be super packed. Also I heard the media release for the closure was supposed to happen in the later afternoon but the stock dropped and will probably drop some more tomorrow. Might have to load up on some DIS shares.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So just to be clear, they're closing down the park because of a global pandemic, and your first thought hearing it's being closed down for public health/safety concerns is to still go?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag