+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    So just to be clear, they're closing down the park because of a global pandemic, and your first thought hearing it's being closed down for public health/safety concerns is to still go?
    If you were on the groups I'm in seeing the literal flood of posts saying how they're going to close down the park while it's open this wouldn't surprise you. More people are mad they can't go on spring break vs the well being of the staff or others.

While I don't agree with it either, it's a further point why they need to shut it down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The best time to go is immediately before/after hurricanes when the crowds are all scared away, a virus is just a really tiny hurricane

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The best time to go is immediately before/after hurricanes when the crowds are all scared away, a virus is just a really tiny hurricane
    Or during. XD

When I was in HS my family and I went down to Disney World and went during a hurricane. It was so long ago I can't remember if the TTT had just opened or maybe it had been open for a year or two. Either way, normal wait times for the ride was like 3-4 hours back then. For my sister and I, it was 10 minutes. I remember us walking around being whipped around in our ponchos and a tree had fallen down at one point. Think we saw maybe three other families the whole time. Employees must have thought we were nuts. Looking back, I think we were nuts.

My mom and I had a laugh on the phone today thinking back to it. If Disney was open on that day, and shutting down now, you know the earth is fucked.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    So just to be clear, they're closing down the park because of a global pandemic, and your first thought hearing it's being closed down for public health/safety concerns is to still go?
    My initial thought was that I was glad Disney did the right thing and made plans to pay CMs during the closure. Me deciding to go or not was more of the idea that people might be scared off like Anoat said and the park might be empty which is a great time to go especially for a pass holder. But then again it is Disneyland and people might treat it like the last day before the Christmas blockout weeks and just pack the park.

With sports effectively cancelled/postponed and Anaheim WonderCon postponed, I was hoping to enjoy something just in case California itself gets cancelled lol.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Was gonna do 1 day in May at Orlando. Oh well.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Just got an email from Disney my pass will be extended due to the closure. It was due to expire April 17th so will be interesting to see and may have to sneak another trip in that case lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I went last night anyways to buy something I wanted but the park crowds were below average. Due to Covid I was definitely more conscious about what I touched (brought hand sanitizer) and the behavior of those around me while keeping a good distance away from people and small groups. On multiple occasions I saw people cough without covering their mouth and one guy sneezed straight into the open air with no attempt to cover his mouth with his arms or hands. Peoples kids were just as bad and parents weren’t even correcting their behavior. Only stayed for about 45 minutes then got out.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess word has gotten around that the performers in Epcot’s world showcase will not be coming back whenever Epcot re-opens. Sunday was a lot of final performances. Feels like a gut punch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man. Disney World fucked over all the college program kids. Saturday afternoon a company wide email was sent out basically saying all the college program staff was being laid off, and they had to be moved out of their apartments by Wednesday (today), so they essentially gave all these kids 4 & half days notice to gtfo...and a LOT of college program kids are international students who can’t fucking go home because of travel restrictions so they are basically being put out on the street as an illegal alien with no options. What the fuck man.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disneyland and Disney World have extended park closure through April 18th.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Disneyland and Disney World have extended park closure through April 18th.
    They've announced that actually they'll only be paying displaced employees until the 18th. There is no current reopening date. Earliest booking reservations are from June 1st on.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/04/a...s-closure-lp1/
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tra...htJksyQ7wW8a-0
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tr...tTGtfDqeoUV2FM

Annual passholder's monthly fees to be refunded and/or waived. Passes will be extended once the parks re-open.

Disneyland verbiage
    Spoiler: show

Disney World verbiage
    Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The wording on the Disneyland release initially makes it seem that you get refunded the payment made between March and April, but in reality you only get that one refund if you don’t opt in to extending your pass expiration date based on the amount of time the lark is closed. So basically if you do nothing, they won’t charge you during the months the park is closed, you keep the same expiration date, but you get a 1 month refund. Or you can opt into extending your expiration while not being charged during the closure.

I haven’t decided on which option to take as I can see the park being closed at least until Summer and our passes don’t expire until early 2021.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

We got lucky as our last payment was mid March, so we are completely paid. Already extended till May 31st, but if be shocked if it's not extended further.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney World will be furloughing 43,000 employees beginning April 19th. Employees will be able to return to work when the parks re-open at the same pay rate, and they may keep their health/dental benefits for one year beginning from the furlough date (should the closure go on that long...we got much bigger things to worry about). Disney World says they will keep a small staff of about 200 "essential" employees working that include custodial, lake patrol, and animal care workers at Animal Kingdom.

Disney World holds the record as the country's largest single site employer. Looks like they are about to own another unfortunate record as the nation's largest single site layoff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

That really sucks but you can't expect them to keep paying for everyone while the park is closed for the forseeable future

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Disney's net income in 2019 was 11.05 billion U.S. dollars, marking one of the highest figures to date. In the same year, the company announced record revenue of 69.57 billion U.S. dollars
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...isney-company/

Just sayin. This is the company whos movie execs are still to this day having mr.burns-style money fights with each other over the marvel movies.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Revenue doesn't mean cash on hand. They had to take out a 6 billion dollar loan to keep things going. There are estimates they are losing 30 million a day just on theme park/cruise closures right now.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...or-disney.html

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

And they have stated they are still paying health insurance premiums on furloughed employees for another few months.

On that note, I wonder if it is fortunate that Disneyland is in Orange County considering Mayor Garcetti and the LA County Supervisors don't envision concerts or sporting events happening until 2021. I think Universal Studios and Magic Mountain - both located in LA county - will probably be shuttered until next year. Disneyland may have a chance to open up for the fall at the earliest.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag