+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Arrived at Disney World last night and this is the time to come I swear. Haven't hit the parks yet but resorts are empty and relaxing.
    Pools are barely busy at hottest part of the day , no waits for food or drinks.

Did the modified character breakfast at Riviera Resort today and it was a ton of fun and you can order multiple entrees.

Staying at Pop Century and loving it. Got a secret deal n hot WI r web for about $90/night with taxes and rack rate was $189/nihht.
    Being away from the smoke in California is a lifesaver. Funny heat and humidity isn't bothering me like it used to even with a mask.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Are guests at least adhering to the mask policies and do they have some type of enforcement inside the parks when people don't follow the rules? Honestly with the way people are out here I don't see Disneyland opening for some time.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I see Disneyland opening up at best late October, at worst January. Schools in the OC are opening up soon since the county is no longer on the state watch list.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Are guests at least adhering to the mask policies and do they have some type of enforcement inside the parks when people don't follow the rules? Honestly with the way people are out here I don't see Disneyland opening for some time.
    Yeah enforcement has been pretty strict from what I've seen and heard from others.

I start in Hollywood studios tomorrow so can only speak what I've seen at my resort so far and disney springs.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

There was a guy staying at pop last week with his family trying to go viral by having one of their younger children not wear a mask and trying to get disney staff in a gotcha moment trying to claim ADA due to autism for the child and trying to get disney to say they were not going to adhere to ADA. Posted both videos at the hotel and arguing at the gate at one of the parks. They were not allowed into the park and him and his family might possibly be banned over it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    There was a guy staying at pop last week with his family trying to go viral by having one of their younger children not wear a mask and trying to get disney staff in a gotcha moment trying to claim ADA due to autism for the child and trying to get disney to say they were not going to adhere to ADA. Posted both videos at the hotel and arguing at the gate at one of the parks. They were not allowed into the park and him and his family might possibly be banned over it.

That's pretty disgusting behavior. Autism is very challenging for a parent to deal with but I hope the guy gets banned. In fact I wonder if there have been any updates on the lady that tried to sue Disney because her autistic child had to go on rides in a specific order without wait times and the fast pass system wasn't enough to keep her child from having a meltdown.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That's pretty disgusting behavior. Autism is very challenging for a parent to deal with but I hope the guy gets banned. In fact I wonder if there have been any updates on the lady that tried to sue Disney because her autistic child had to go on rides in a specific order without wait times and the fast pass system wasn't enough to keep her child from having a meltdown.
    Last update I saw was the case was dismissed, but not sure if she appealed further.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

How dare the governor try to avoid us having an even bigger outbreak than what we did and keep most of the ER's from being overwhelmed.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We'll all see who's to blame for everything when next governor are up. It'll be easy. If CA likes what did, he'll stay.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    We'll all see who's to blame for everything when next governor are up. It'll be easy. If CA likes what did, he'll stay.
    Californian voters are pants on head retarded. They recalled Gray Davis in part due to the electricity issues when Enron was gouging us. Though I will stubbornly admit Schwarzenegger was a fairly decent governor.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also last month Disney reinstated executives pay for those who had their salaries cut by 50%.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Grand Floridian orchestra and Yeeha Bob from Port Orleans resort are among the cuts at Disney World

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...lce-story.html

Two of my friends were let go. One was Tinkerbell and the other Cindarella. Fired via email and didn't even use their names "Dear valued employee"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Unconfirmed but it sounds like cast and crew for frozen at DCA as well as mickey and the magical map at disneyland got the axe today as well.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Disneyland & most other California theme parks are doubtful for any sort of reopening til mid 2021 at the earliest. Newsom released the reopening guidelines which makes it impossible for all Southern California theme parks to reopen - requiring that the county of a theme park needs to be in the least restrictive reopening tier. Minimal chance that happening for Orange and Los Angeles counties anytime soon.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am hearing that out of the 28,000 employees that were laid off, 18k came from Disney World, and yet Disney still blamed the Newsom.

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Disneyland & most other California theme parks are doubtful for any sort of reopening til mid 2021 at the earliest. Newsom released the reopening guidelines which makes it impossible for all Southern California theme parks to reopen - requiring that the county of a theme park needs to be in the least restrictive reopening tier. Minimal chance that happening for Orange and Los Angeles counties anytime soon.
    Definitely not going to happen any time soon. I found it laughable that this past Saturday about 20 people posed as CM's protesting Disneyland to open back up. People need to understand that in order to open back up, the whole county needs to do their damn part and wear masks and follow safety guidelines. The ones that are screaming the most about wanting Disney to reopen are mostly the ones who are anti-maskers and believe Covid is just like the Flu and have no fear of it. In order for Orange County to get to the lowest tier, they would need to average 37 cases reported per day for 2-3 weeks. The last 7 days OC has been been 160-170...

BG Level

And don't forget the health equity metric. While the county is at 3.2% positive test rate, the health equity metric pulls it back to 5.6% because the county can't ignore the poors.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney World laid off the entire cast & crew of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor attraction today

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Disney World laid off the entire cast & crew of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor attraction today
    This has been an insane day for talent cuts. Fired today in addition to the Monsters Inc crew are:

The entire cast of Festival of the Lion King
    The entire cast of Finding Nemo The Musical
    The entire cast of the Indiana Jones stunt show
    The entire cast of Beauty & The Beast musical
    The entire cast of Citizens of Hollywood
    The entire cast of Citizens of Main Street
    The entire cast of the Hoop-De-Do Revue

All together, 720 out of 780 equity entertainment performers across the resort were fired.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Jesus, that's a blood bath.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size