+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    TIL: Doritos were invented inside Disneyland:

http://nextshark.com/youll-never-thi...were-invented/
    You should check out yesterland.com. They have a lot of Disneyland history and pictures on that site.

AP Days Stuff

AP days is going on currently in its second week. They are giving out special AP Days buttons for pass holders along with recipe cards. Easiest place to pick up is the Paradise Pier Garden in California Adventure. In addition to this, if you have 4+ AP holders in the car when arriving you get free parking and a small AP button.

Hollywood Tower of Terror is doing a special Late Checkout theme where the ride will be conducted in complete darkness at night until it's final days in January when it closes for good. They also have special Late Checkout T-Shirts in the gift shop.

Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel was selling special ceramic Tiki mugs themed after the haunted mansion ghost but they sold out (2500 made) on the first day because someone on the inside leaked the info on the release date and tons of people lined up for 2+ hours.

Photo from Trader Sam's FB page

Update: Trader Sam's said that they will be restocking closer to Halloween so people can buy the Tiki Mugs again.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fingers crossed that closer to Halloween = September 30th to October 2nd so we can buy one.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They need to do a much larger batch because there were people who got their two mug limit then jumped back in line. Most of these people were ebay flippers and that weekend the mugs were going for $300-500. Allegedly, some lady walked away with 18 of them by using family members and her kids so it is easy to see why a lot of people were very pissed about this.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Welp,

Looks like Disney is getting started early with the Hollywood Tower Of Terror changes in California Adventure. They took down the Hollywood Hotel sign late last night but the ride will continue to operate through Jan 3rd.

Seems as though the plan is to remove as much of the exterior theming as possible while still allowing the ride to be operational until Jan 3rd which will allow them to speed up the transition process.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Walt Disney World sent out an email survey to annual pass holders asking how they would react if Disney were to implement a 2 month blackout on entry to a park after the opening of a major attraction. Presumably this would be to limit the crowds at Animal Kingdom when Pandora opens and at Hollywood Studios when Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land open up.

Personally I understand why they would want to do it but I think it's bullshit, people pay a lot of money for annual passes for a reason. Getting artificial blackouts on an entire park for 60 days would be some horse shit. I don't think Disney will follow through with this tactic but they'll ultimately end up raising the prices of the APs on the year they expect those major attractions to open.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, would be bullshit if they added it retroactively. But like say they know the park is opening in x year, and they have a firm date, they could maybe add it to passes that haven't been purchased yet.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Rolling blockout dates are not the way to go, but I suspect that they are going to add this to the lower tier passes. Also, SoCal pass is back.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Walt Disney World annual passholders will be getting some extra benefits in celebration of the resort's 45th year celebration. From now until September 30th 2017, annual passholders will receive a 20% discount on merchandise from official Disney owned and operated merchandisers, as well as a 20% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages at over 45 restaurants in the Disney parks, resort hotels, and Disney Springs. In addition, visitors who purchase a new annual pass or renew an annual pass between October 2nd 2016 and January 3rd 2017 will receive a free 13th month added to their pass.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Model of the Guardians of the Galaxy Collectors Fortress AKA old Tower of Terror bulding

Apparently this is a rush job because they want the ride open when GoTG2 opens next year. Not a fan of how the building looks and it will definitely clash in DCA since each section is themed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Muppets are increasing their presence in the Florida parks. With Hall of Presidents closing soon in preparation for a new U.S. President, a new Muppet show is coming to Magic Kingdom's Liberty Square. The Muppets Present: Great Moments In American History!

Meanwhile, at Epcot, Disney is bringing back an old favorite attraction out of retirement in Future World; The Muppet Mobile Lab featuring Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker.

And at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the Muppets 3D show attraction remains open, as well as a new Muppet themed restaurant opening later this year; PizzeRizzo

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney has confirmed that the Pandora expansion to Disney's Animal Kingdom will open in summer of 2017.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So, got tired of waiting, tried making the Bengal Barbecue Banyan Beef kabobs/sauce. Used this recipe https://www.keyingredient.com/recipe.../?locale=en_US
    Close enough, though if anyone goes to Disneyland again soon and remembers, I would ask again to check city hall if you can get the official recipe.

As for exactly how it turned out. I used powdered garlic instead of fresh (so no vegetable oil either), toasted sesame oil instead of straight (didn't want to go hunting), and just replaced the red pepper flakes with the same amount of cayenne.
    Definitely marinade the sirloin, though one person suggested cutting the lemon to 1 part or 1.5 part, instead of 2 part.
    The time to a slow boil should be about 5-10 minutes at medium heat, and the simmer at low should be about 20-30 minutes, though I was rushed and couldn't get an exact time.
    Frequent stirring will be needed during reduction to keep clumps/residue from building up on sides.
    If you want to reduce the heat, you might lower the amount of cayenne, and up the amount brown sugar. I'm not skilled enough to say to what degree.

Also, I'd say the amount of sauce that recipe makes is enough for 2-3 pounds worth of beef, cut it 1/3 to 1/2 if you're only making it for a couple people.
    I'll let you know how leftover reheated sauce is once I get around to using it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Electrical parade begins on the 20th. Excited in part due to my Dad's neighbors daughter will be dancing in the parade again (she danced in it at WDW about 2 years ago).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Beginning January 9th, Magic Kingdom will be discontinuing their "Welcome" show at the park's opening. This is due to an extensive refurbishment to the railroad system which is a central part of the show. Instead, guests will be allowed to enter the Main Street USA area of the park even earlier, and a new "Welcome" show will take place in front of Cinderella's castle before the rest of the park opens.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Get ready for some changes to AP (RUMOR)

I have been hearing for some time that the Annual Passes are going to be restructured (hearing as early as this Sunday 2/12) in a way that gets rid of the monthly payment option so that people buying new passes will need to pay the full price up front. I haven't heard anything about renewals but the current theory is that either:

A) Renewals can still get monthly but get a discount if they pay for the full renewal up front
    B) Renewals will not have the option for monthly payments

It seems that there is a push to get people to buy passes again at least one more time before they change the system as there is a new promotion going on for new passes that if you purchase from today until Saturday the 11th, you get one extra month free making your 12 month pass a 13 month pass.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've already got my pass renewed through February 2018, but I hope that is not a change they implement. The monthly payments are the only way I can afford mine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also I am hoping they add in Fast Pass Plus to AP holders soon.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Also I am hoping they add in Fast Pass Plus to AP holders soon.
    Why, when people pay extra for it already?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'd rather it be rolled in free of charge to AP users at the Disneyland Resort but we know that won't happen since it is $10/day per ticket to use the app on the phone.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney CEO Bob Iger announced during an earnings call that the Pandora expansion at Disney's Animal Kingdom will officially open this summer on May 27. Iger also announced that the Star Wars land in both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios in Orlando will open in 2019, to coincide with the release of Episode IX.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag