+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Oh! There is also a DVC members only lounge at Epcot. So if you are there and need a quiet place to get some air conditioning and free snacks and soda/water, be sure to stop by. It’s on the 2nd floor of the Imagination with Figment ride building.
    Thanks!

Figment was my favorite ride growing up! My sister thankfully snagged a popcorn bucket for me awhile back. Will be super cool to chill there. I am assuming it’s where the old play area used to be.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

lol my next trip I’m staying at all star sports with the other peasants for like $105 a night
    Hey that's actually a good rate given the values are going for upwards of $150 to $200 at times now and why I started renting DVC points or confirmed reservations. Kind of spoiled now but have scored deals as low as $180/night for an Aninal Kingdom Lodge room or $220 for a savanna view room there.

Check out www.dvcshop.com for rentals , they always have a ton cheap. A lot of times it's 1 night here and one there but I've pieced together days still saving hundreds.

Like right now see 1 night 9/1/22 Jambo house studio for $208 , or Old Key West studio for $180 for 9/18/22..and many more.
    Also keep in mind deluxe hotels get the extra evening hours so can be nice too and free parking if you rent a reservation or points.
    I've actually been upgraded once from one night Saratoga Springs studio I paid $150 for , to a 1 bedroom bigger than my apartment lol.

Ksandra - FYI if you're ever looking to book GCV do it at 7 months exactly for any left over availability and check literally daily for random openings. If ever you need to cancel something let me know lol , I'd always be open to renting. Also Top of the World Lounge ( Now called Villaind Lair) is at the Contemporary Bay Lake Tower for Blue card DVC holders ( automatic if you bought direct dvc vs resale). Please tell me you didn't buy resale if home resort is Riviera because of t he restrictions. Keep in mind if you ever sell your contract , Riviera points are only good at Riviera..just so you know.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bought an AP for the first time since 2019 and did a lil switcheroo on my reservation so now I got all star movies instead but it was the exact same price, and I know for sure the movies rooms have the modern renovation at least so it won’t be a dice roll like at sports.

I’m arriving on 9/6 (Tuesday) and leaving 9/9 (Friday)

Melena and Astylla gonna be there same time? If so hit me up, I’ll be down for overpriced Disney cocktails

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I arrive on the fourth, leaving on the 12th. 6th I'll be at Hollywood studios, 7th in ak. Astylla arrives late on the 7th, if I remember correctly.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Hey that's actually a good rate given the values are going for upwards of $150 to $200 at times now and why I started renting DVC points or confirmed reservations. Kind of spoiled now but have scored deals as low as $180/night for an Aninal Kingdom Lodge room or $220 for a savanna view room there.

Check out www.dvcshop.com for rentals , they always have a ton cheap. A lot of times it's 1 night here and one there but I've pieced together days still saving hundreds.

Like right now see 1 night 9/1/22 Jambo house studio for $208 , or Old Key West studio for $180 for 9/18/22..and many more.
    Also keep in mind deluxe hotels get the extra evening hours so can be nice too and free parking if you rent a reservation or points.
    I've actually been upgraded once from one night Saratoga Springs studio I paid $150 for , to a 1 bedroom bigger than my apartment lol.

Ksandra - FYI if you're ever looking to book GCV do it at 7 months exactly for any left over availability and check literally daily for random openings. If ever you need to cancel something let me know lol , I'd always be open to renting. Also Top of the World Lounge ( Now called Villaind Lair) is at the Contemporary Bay Lake Tower for Blue card DVC holders ( automatic if you bought direct dvc vs resale). Please tell me you didn't buy resale if home resort is Riviera because of t he restrictions. Keep in mind if you ever sell your contract , Riviera points are only good at Riviera..just so you know.

Yeah we bought direct. I had heard about the riviera situation, and DCV members say that Disney maybe doing that for the rest of them in the future. Plus the perks suck right now because of COVID, but they are starting to bring everything back, and are looking for more ways to get direct sales. They really are trying to get people to sell back to them, and are doing things to crack down on resales.

Ty for the GCV tip. We plan on adding points once the Disney hotel opens so we can have the 11-month reservation priority there, but that could be another 2 years out.

Edit: Got our two week reservation for July locked in. Just gotta wait for the 7 month mark to see if we can do any resort hopping.

Oh and Ast I’ll let you know if we ever rent points. I will be honest though in that it probably wouldn’t happen for like the first ten years. We are using our full 2022 points, 2023 points and possibly some of our 2024 points for this first trip as is.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Okay good glad to hear you went direct.
    Even if it's a sold out week you can ask about your "Welcome home" trip and they can usually work something out , so jot sure if that's the week you are talking about

Definitely make use of the points, I just like to toss out there I'm always open to going haha. Like if something last minute comes up or you're looking to even rent out a confirmed reservation, I have links for dedicated Facebook groups that save the owner the middle man fees of other websites.
    But man GCV point values are so astronomical compared to WDW it hurts.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Disneyland Renewals open up on Thursday. No new passes will be issued. The most expensive and new Inspire Key is $1599.

And all key passes have blackout dates

Inspire's blackouts are Dec 21st - Jan 1st.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

This sums up what my Facebook feed looked like today due to belonging to multiple magic key holder and Disney groups.

My dream key expires September 3rd so going to renew to the Inspire key.
    Block out days don't bother me since I'm not stupid enough to go during those weeks anyway lol. I still value the parking and photo pass since sometimes I literally wear things just for pics at Disney.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just checked my annual pass on the my Disney experience app and it says expiration date Dec 31st 2099, lol

I’m sure that’s a glitch but I was amused for a moment thinking about how they somehow accidentally gave me a lifetime pass

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Just checked my annual pass on the my Disney experience app and it says expiration date Dec 31st 2099, lol

I’m sure that’s a glitch but I was amused for a moment thinking about how they somehow accidentally gave me a lifetime pass
    There's been a ton of glitches.
    A week ago randomly said my pass expires May 3rd 2022..yet still had my dream key for Sept. 3rd expiration.

Another glitch is that many in the app if they renewed saw a blue box below their pass saying "Thank you for renewing! Your new pass will show up on "insert last day of old pass". Yet nada on my end. So I have the confirmation email if things don't auto update anyway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

September 8th is Disney+ Day and there will be celebrations in the parks worldwide.

I’ll actually be there on D+ day so this is kinda cool.

Disney+ subscribers will be able to enter all parks 30 minutes earlier than normal guests. Disney resort guests will be able to enter 30 minutes before that…so basically the parks will open at 8am for me. Hollywood Studios will have special character meet & greets and photo opportunities for D+ subscribers. Shit, if I can wake up early enough I might be able to ride Rise of the Resistance twice that day.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

September 8th is Disney+ Day and there will be celebrations in the parks worldwide.

I’ll actually be there on D+ day so this is kinda cool.

Disney+ subscribers will be able to enter all parks 30 minutes earlier than normal guests. Disney resort guests will be able to enter 30 minutes before that…so basically the parks will open at 8am for me. Hollywood Studios will have special character meet & greets and photo opportunities for D+ subscribers. Shit, if I can wake up early enough I might be able to ride Rise of the Resistance twice that day.
    I might be at WDW that week or part of it.
    Still have my flights booked but now with potential work injury throwing some things out of whack for me.

I'm never able to make the special days it seems lol. Closest I got was being there during the Christmas parade filming at Disneyland a few years ago.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Disneyland/Disney World thread

My family and I are gonna be at DL with park hoppers for 3 days in early September. I’ve already reserved 2 days that we’ll be there. First day start at DL, 2nd at DCA.

I was maybe planning on reserving the 3rd day after completing our 2nd day, just because I wanna keep the 3rd day for a park we want to start most.

Is this safe to do? Kinda worried the 3rd day reservations (DL+ day) will close out reservations before I book it.

I know, kinda dumb question…

Edit: Outside snacks/drinks still ok to bring in the park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Rombot View Post
    My family and I are gonna be at DL with park hoppers for 3 days in early September. I’ve already reserved 2 days that we’ll be there. First day start at DL, 2nd at DCA.

I was maybe planning on reserving the 3rd day after completing our 2nd day, just because I wanna keep the 3rd day for a park we want to start most.

Is this safe to do? Kinda worried the 3rd day reservations (DL+ day) will close out reservations before I book it.

I know, kinda dumb question…

Edit: Outside snacks/drinks still ok to bring in the park?

I thought I responded to this earlier hut short answer is , make the reservation because it's better to have at least one than nothing.

You can absolutely bring your own snacks and drinks on. Just no glass and no alcohol/drugs officially but I've skirted that line lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I thought I responded to this earlier hut short answer is , make the reservation because it's better to have at least one than nothing.

You can absolutely bring your own snacks and drinks on. Just no glass and no alcohol/drugs officially but I've skirted that line lol.

Awesome! Thanks… I do the Disney thing like every 3-5 years, so I get paranoid to food policy changes as well as anything else like genie+ lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rombot View Post
    Awesome! Thanks… I do the Disney thing like every 3-5 years, so I get paranoid to food policy changes as well as anything else like genie+ lol

Worth mentioning too, you can get free ice water from any quick service restaurant on property, so don’t get suckered into buying a $5 bottled water or anything.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks for that!

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I was debating pretty hard whether or not to renew my pass mainly because my step-daughter is a CM and we can go whenever, however, sometimes we go in a large group and that eats up the amount of people she can bring. So I broke down and renewed with the Inspire since it has free parking and will soon have free photopass. Genie+ discount to me is garbage ($4 saved) because I still feel that it should be free or at least should be discounted to at least 50% on the higher tier passes. I also personally don't care about blockouts during Christmas because that is by far one of the worst times to go, especially the two days after Christmas when they tend to close the gates due to being at capacity. We haven't been in a few months and are itching to go back, especially after Chapek's comment about Magic Key holders. I can't wait to wear my "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" Tshirt and special button I am making for my next visit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind twice today, it’s fucking incredible. Not just as a coaster but absolutely captures that Guardians feel with the music and the banter. 10/10 would lightning lane again.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Did Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind twice today, it’s fucking incredible. Not just as a coaster but absolutely captures that Guardians feel with the music and the banter. 10/10 would lightning lane again.
    I'm so fucking jealous. I was supposed to be going down for a few days but then got surprised with a camping trip they couldn't cancel lol. I'm tentatively booked for Cipper Creek at the end of the month I'm trying to add another night for right now.

Oh heyyyyy so I can't make the Halloween party I have a ticket to on Friday..if you want it let me know lol. Been too busy to try and get a refund.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag