+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawks View Post
    For the disney world experts:
    Never been there and i want to take the kids, later this summer for a week. what kind of budget should i be looking at (family of 5)? where should i be looking to stay, etc. something budget friendly dont want to break the bank on this. any help will be much appreciated.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-ideas/

Do the questionnaire thingy based on your budget/party size and they will recommend something for you.

It's hard to say what works for you. Are you flying or driving? Looking to stay on property or offsite? How old are the family members? What week specifically are you looking to go, and for how long?

Regardless of what the answers to those questions are, for a family of five staying a week, expect to drop somewhere in the 2k-4k range depending on where you stay. That doesn't include airfare if you are flying.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In July, Disney reached a deal with local CA unions to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour for Disneyland Resort workers by next year. Now, the WDW Union in FL has scored a major victory with Disney agreeing to a $15 minimum wage increase by 2021. Wages will increase incrementally before peaking at $15 per hour in 2021. Disney has also agreed to retroactively pay workers an additional 50 cents per hour, or 3%—whichever is greater—dating back to Sept 2017. In addition, Disney workers will now receive the $1000 bonus from the Trump tax cuts earlier this year, which Disney had been threatening to withhold during labor negotiations.

This is a HUGE win for workers in the Orlando area where a $15 minimum wage will lead to a much better quality of living. It also will make things much more competive in the entertainment industry around Orlando, as Universal and SeaWorld have been known to match wages when one of the other increases.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I left Orlando ages ago after high school, but a 15min wage would go a long way in that area for the locals; especially for the younger workers including those in school. Central florida is gonna feel really good in the coming years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wa...sit-2018-09-25
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...based-tickets/

Beginning October 16th, Disney World's prices will depend on what day you book your visit.

They will now use an interactive calendar that will display different prices based on the dates they plan to book their visit, the company announced Monday. The changes are part of a new online vacation-booking portal.

Although this resembles booking engines used by airlines and hotels, the prices listed will not fluctuate once they are initially set by Disney. Disney believes that the new pricing approach “gives guests tailored choices and better allows us to spread attendance throughout the year to improve the guest experience,” said Walt Disney World Resort spokesperson Jacquee Wahler.

When tourists visit the website, they will choose the first day of their planned trip. This will then set the daily rate they are charged for the number of days they plan to visit one or more of Walt Disney World’s four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The online portal will also highlight the least expensive times to visit.

Consumers have the option, for an additional fee, to purchase tickets that they can use at any point during the following year. Disney will allow modifications if consumers accidentally purchase tickets designated for a lower price. In these cases, the guests will need to pay the difference on their tickets; Disney will not issue a refund if the visitors inadvertently bought more expensive tickets.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We managed to get three infinity gauntlets yesterday. Line was long af. If you wanted one you better go now before they sell out.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    We managed to get three infinity gauntlets yesterday. Line was long af. If you wanted one you better go now before they sell out.
    I missed out on all the things I wanted and now that my pass is gone I’m SOL. Figures lol

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Noooo, we're not going unil the week of the 22nd... I hope they still have some.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I heard they were selling out fast and they aren’t coming back. Also the cauldrons are back along with the color oogie buckets. The cauldrons are more popular as they sold out after three days on their initial run.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Everything that sells well comes back, don’t worry. Rose gold ears, Beauty & The Beast tumblers, Funko Pops—they all come back.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://gizmodo.com/the-urban-legend...ney-1829968093

Thought this article was interesting because this was definitely something my late mother has requested since as long as I can remember.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah it’s been going on for a while. I would advise against it for your loved ones because they just end up being collected by a HAZMAT vacuum and dumped somewhere. Not very magical.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

In the park for the next three days. I can tell you that the I finite gauntlets sold out again and that I fucking hate the new fast pass system. I spent $40 and only got on three rides with the fast pass throughout yesterday.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    In the park for the next three days. I can tell you that the I finite gauntlets sold out again and that I fucking hate the new fast pass system. I spent $40 and only got on three rides with the fast pass throughout yesterday.
    How the hell? And I'm assuming Disneyland, not Disneyworld as they have different systems. If you're only getting on 3 rides at Disneyland with Fastpass, you are doing something horribly wrong.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There’s a one hour wait time after you purchase one and we were stacking them every hour. We went to three of our six rides during the fast pass return time and they were closed. So we would go find another ride to get on since our other fast past was still on a timer or whatever. Then we would go to the next fast pass ride. After a certain amount of time without use the fast pass for the broken down ride would disappear from the app.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    There’s a one hour wait time after you purchase one and we were stacking them every hour. We went to three of our six rides during the fast pass return time and they were closed. So we would go find another ride to get on since our other fast past was still on a timer or whatever. Then we would go to the next fast pass ride. After a certain amount of time without use the fast pass for the broken down ride would disappear from the app.
    Go to city hall. I'm assuming you're at Disneyland. If you're using the max pass system, if you have a fast pass for a ride that has gone down, it should convert into what Astylla and I called a golden ticket, that could be used at any time that day for either the ride in question if it comes back up, or any other fast pass ride in the park. So say you had a fast pass for Soarin and it went down during your window, it should convert to where you can use it for Soarin, GotG, Radiator Springs Racers, Grizzly Rapids, etc. If they are not doing that and it's just removing them from your fast pass list in your app, you need to have gone to City Hall so they can take care of you. Disney if anything is all about people leaving happy and so long as it's something legit, they will go the extra mile for you.

We had an issue with lunch on a day we were leaving where service was just slow as hell, took forever to get a refill, etc and they were going to give us the premium seats for world of color, which if we weren't leaving in 3 hours to drive home, would have gladly accepted. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that jazz.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It’s good to know that for next time I suppose. Wasn’t very happy with the expense of the maxpass for both parks versus the reward we received for the day. Ended up being basically a complete waste of money.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah we had it with our annual passes, and we never had that issue. She even went down with a friend (I got sick and couldn't make the trip) and they added max pass to her friends ticket and they still had zero issues. But yeah in the future, if you ever have issues with anything you pay for, let them know. I've seen them replace lost balloons, broken toys, etc just to keep guests happy.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We have always had a great time and we never really complain about stuff and just kind of accept things for how they are. It’s nice to know there’s a place to go ask about stuff at the very least.

Side note: we did the Halloween event tonight for the second time now in the past few years. I feel like this is the absolute best value event they have at the park. Walk around. Get lots of candy. Basically walk on to most rides. Great shows. Awesome atmosphere. Was an excellent time.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I love the Halloween party if you actually do it in October. But they start the last week of August now. And it’s still hot as balls even in to mid October. (DW I mean.)

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Who’s ready for another AP price increase cause it just happened. Signature plus is now $1399 while Signature is $1149. This is no doubt a response to Disney having to close the ticket gate at 12pm during the days around Christmas because the park was at capacity. Also I suspect that Sig plus APs will be the only pass that isn’t blocked out for the first 2-4 weeks when Star Wars Land opens.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag