+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That’s especially cheap if they like to drink because one cocktail/beer at Epcot will run you anywhere from like $8-$15 and if you are going to Epcot for your birthday you better be boozin’

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I still have some reservations about Genie+. It makes sense for out of town visitors but not so much AP holders who visit frequently (if they are lucky to get a reservation). With Genie+ at Disneyland/California adventure it excludes RoTR, Webslingers, and Radiator Springs Racers. You have to pony up an additional payment (Individual Lightning Lane) to skip the lines for those rides and the price varies. Supposedly if you are doing Rise of the Resistance for the first time, it is best not to use the Individual Lightning Lane because you bypass the main show room and miss out on it. I also feel that with this new system, Disney is going to possibly inflate ride times to possibly push people to use Genie+ more. They already do this throughout the day to deter guests from going to certain lands to improve guest flow, but we will see.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Just read on Micechat that someone is suing Disney about the reservation system for Magic Key Holders.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Just read on Micechat that someone is suing Disney about the reservation system for Magic Key Holders.
    https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...action-request

A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court alleges Walt Disney Co. deceived buyers of a new annual pass who thought they would get unlimited access to the park but instead say they were blocked out in favor of daily-pass buyers.

The lawsuit by Jenale Nielsen of Santa Clara County, who is described as a longtime Disney customer, claims that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts sold her a Dream Key pass for $1,399 with the understanding that no dates would be blocked out to enter the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. The Dream Key is the most expensive of the passes Disney introduced in August under a new annual pass program dubbed Magic Key.

Soon after buying the pass, Nielsen says she found that she couldn’t make a reservation to visit the park on any weekend in November, according to the suit. When she checked the Disneyland reservation website, she saw that the park was open for reservations for single- and multiple-day ticket buyers, who are charged up to $224 per visit.

She is asking the court to certify the complaint as a class-action suit on behalf of the 3,600 people who have purchased Dream Key passes.
    Disney says the fine print protects them from this lawsuit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Yeah basically because the plantiff was having a hard time making reservations even though the pass says you aren't blocked out. As much as I am frustrated along with other Key Holders with the reservation system, she will most likely lose, but it's going to be a PR hit for Disneyland. I went last month but the day I wanted was full on the AP reservation calendar, but the regular ticket calendar had that day open so I had to use a spare ticket I had to go on that day. I am not finding much value in my Magic Key right now and I am almost tempted to not renew next year which it seems what Disney ultimately wants to do to AP holders.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So it looks like my family (5) is going to bite the bullet and do a Disney World trip in 2022. Anyone have some ideas on the best property to stay at for the visit? We have a discount we will be using on the hotel but wanted to see what people's suggestions are. And also out of the 4 parks is there any one that doesn't have a lot of value?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well as far as hotel suggestions go, you need to ask yourself what kind of vacation do you take? Are you the type that use the room only as a place to sleep and shower? If that’s the case, just go for one of the budget hotels. If you plan on taking in some resort amenities like pool, spa, restaurants etc maybe you want to spring for one of the more upscale resorts.

Do you have a lot of small children in your group? If so, you might want to consider skipping Epcot. It’s definitely the most “grown up” park, focused on booze and food and culture and less on rides and characters. Animal Kingdom has the Avatar ride which is a can’t miss imo, Hollywood Studios has the Star Wars rides so if you are a fan that’s a can’t miss. Magic Kingdom is the Disney classics like Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion etc

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I've currently stayed at the following:

Coronado Springs
    Polynesian
    Beachclub
    Pop Century

I personally loved the skyliner, so I would lean towards a skyliner resort. Made it so much easier for me to do my 4 parks in one day challenge I try to do on every visit. If you are wanting just one room and go the suite route, probably best to go with Art of Animation, which is next to Pop Century if memory serves me right. Otherwise, I'd maybe go one of the moderates like Coronado.

If you want, Astylla is great at getting DVC rentals at stupid rates at well from people trying to unload points. I'd recommend PMing her with some date ranges and she can check her sources for you.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    So it looks like my family (5) is going to bite the bullet and do a Disney World trip in 2022. Anyone have some ideas on the best property to stay at for the visit? We have a discount we will be using on the hotel but wanted to see what people's suggestions are. And also out of the 4 parks is there any one that doesn't have a lot of value?
    Do you have dates or a general time frame ? Adults and kids going ? How many days tentatively?

I'll come back at this tomorrow after work but can probably break it down based on how many trips I took this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We are still in the preliminary stages of planning this. As far as kids, they are ages 19-21 so only one can drink so it's a total of 5 of us. Tickets to the resorts are pretty much covered since we will only have to pay admission each day for only one person due to one of the kids being a CM (they can only swipe in 4 people including themselves). For timeframe, I really do not want to go during the summer due to having gone to FL twice for trade shows and being miserable with the humidity but we haven't picked an exact date yet. The hotel is a good question but we haven't fully discussed with the kids if they want to use amenities like a pool and such but I am sure they will. I had planned on looking at different options (hotels with amenities all the way up to DVC's) and comparing to see where it fits in the budget.

Looking at the rides and the different resorts, the only ride we care about at Hollywood Land is the Tower of Terror since it is different than what we had at Disneyland and Runaway Railway to get a preview of what it may be like at Disneyland. Star Wars land is whatever now since we've all rode RoTR at least twice so we may just do a park hopper on that day and do that + Epoct since they are close by. So far the plan is a minimum of 4 days max of 5 (not including arrival and departure) so we want to do one day one park for the other resorts to keep the stress low and use the 4th and 5th days to relax or hit up anything we missed.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Disneyland is full of Pedo's, not a place to take kids. plus their is sex symbolism in all his movies, very strange conditioning...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So yesterday I went to the parks for the first time since they implemented the Genie system. There were 5 of us and we only did DCA, but I had a weird/frustrating interaction with a Cast Member. We normally do DAS when we visit Disneyland for medical reasons (girlfriend has a very bad knee from an injury years back) and every time we do it at Disneyland the CM's don't even bat an eye and are very understanding. Over at DCA though, the lady we got was rude and condescending. I understand that DCA lines are more accommodating and what not but when my girlfriend went to ask for DAS, the CM basically responded with "Well what's your ailment?". I thought they weren't allowed to ask what the medical reasoning was for requesting it, but after we explained my girlfriends reasoning for requesting DAS, she proceeded to tell us that there are other options such as purchasing Genie+ (there were 5 of us so $100), which we said no to because we weren't going to spend the extra money. She then suggested a mobility scooter which again we rejected because that cost $80 w/ deposit, and then she said "well the cheaper alternative is a wheelchair" and we said no to that. It was very dismissive and the upsell to Genie+ was very disgusting.

After waiting for about 10 minutes or so, we then decided to try another kiosk where the CM there was much more helpful. He only asked if the DAS helped in the past which we said yes and he didn't even try to upsell us on Genie+. We probably could have skipped DAS for the most part because yesterday's times were pretty tame. The only lengthy standby wait was RSR which at a low point was 40 minutes around 2:30pm but averaged about 1hr wait. Webslingers was averaging about 55 ish minutes, but I think that people are kind of disappointed at that ride and don't really care for it as much now.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

So yesterday I went to the parks for the first time since they implemented the Genie system. There were 5 of us and we only did DCA, but I had a weird/frustrating interaction with a Cast Member. We normally do DAS when we visit Disneyland for medical reasons (girlfriend has a very bad knee from an injury years back) and every time we do it at Disneyland the CM's don't even bat an eye and are very understanding. Over at DCA though, the lady we got was rude and condescending. I understand that DCA lines are more accommodating and what not but when my girlfriend went to ask for DAS, the CM basically responded with "Well what's your ailment?". I thought they weren't allowed to ask what the medical reasoning was for requesting it, but after we explained my girlfriends reasoning for requesting DAS, she proceeded to tell us that there are other options such as purchasing Genie+ (there were 5 of us so $100), which we said no to because we weren't going to spend the extra money. She then suggested a mobility scooter which again we rejected because that cost $80 w/ deposit, and then she said "well the cheaper alternative is a wheelchair" and we said no to that. It was very dismissive and the upsell to Genie+ was very disgusting.

After waiting for about 10 minutes or so, we then decided to try another kiosk where the CM there was much more helpful. He only asked if the DAS helped in the past which we said yes and he didn't even try to upsell us on Genie+. We probably could have skipped DAS for the most part because yesterday's times were pretty tame. The only lengthy standby wait was RSR which at a low point was 40 minutes around 2:30pm but averaged about 1hr wait. Webslingers was averaging about 55 ish minutes, but I think that people are kind of disappointed at that ride and don't really care for it as much now.
    So I just started using DAS this past week ( at DCA Friday) for my anxiety/PTSD.
    Fyi they now allow advance registering online through chat and video chat and found it very helpful, however typically it is not something that covers any mobility issues. Though that's not to say she doesn't qualify , just can be a matter of how to phrase it.
    Also can register 2 days before to 30 days before and they give you two extra selections.

For me I use " I have panic attacks and sometimes need to exit the lines quickly, so hard for me to wait in traditional standby".
    That was all they needed in chat , and 20 minutes later did video chat. While mobility issues as a general rule they advise a wheelchair or scooter as most new rides and lines like DCA are ADA compliant. In the future try the advance option and yes that's correct they aren't supposed to ask what the diagnosis is , but what accommodations you are asking for. Specifically why waiting in lines is difficult.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    So I just started using DAS this past week ( at DCA Friday) for my anxiety/PTSD.
    Fyi they now allow advance registering online through chat and video chat and found it very helpful, however typically it is not something that covers any mobility issues. Though that's not to say she doesn't qualify , just can be a matter of how to phrase it.
    Also can register 2 days before to 30 days before and they give you two extra selections.

For me I use " I have panic attacks and sometimes need to exit the lines quickly, so hard for me to wait in traditional standby".
    That was all they needed in chat , and 20 minutes later did video chat. While mobility issues as a general rule they advise a wheelchair or scooter as most new rides and lines like DCA are ADA compliant. In the future try the advance option and yes that's correct they aren't supposed to ask what the diagnosis is , but what accommodations you are asking for. Specifically why waiting in lines is difficult.

Good to know. Disneyland they don’t ask and just give the DAS but I can understand it for DCA for mobility. It just rubbed us the wrong way when they were trying to upsell Genie+ lol. My Girlfriend is going again in a few weeks and I’ll definitely suggest she register the day before.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Good to know. Disneyland they don’t ask and just give the DAS but I can understand it for DCA for mobility. It just rubbed us the wrong way when they were trying to upsell Genie+ lol. My Girlfriend is going again in a few weeks and I’ll definitely suggest she register the day before.
    It's a weird Grey area but basically old system was revamped into DAS to avoid people trying to take advantage of the system and just get a wheelchair or ECV to get fastpasses. Years ago was found many people were paying for and abusing the system, hence why now it's not technically for mobility related issues that can be solved with a wheelchair or ECV.

Here's the direct link and I have a dream key so just have to renew mine every 60 days.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...vice/register/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Disneyland Trams are coming back February 23rd. It's going to be interesting to see how or if they even space out the seating.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We went on jungle cruise last Wednesday and they packed the boat like normal. I'm guessing since the trams are outdoors it'll follow similar boarding

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Masks will no longer be required indoors for vaccinated guests at Disneyland starting this Thursday. They will still be required for riding shuttles or receiving first aid.

Covid vaccination is not required for entry to the parks and park employees will not be checking vaccination records.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Same at Disney World. Only required on enclosed transportation like buses, monorail, and sky liner

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag