+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Disneyland/Disney World thread

Just a heads up, the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is closing permanently on January 10th (as well as the petting zoo and the jamboree).

It's a tragedy, and I imagine it's going to be booked like crazy, so you might wanna make reservations now. If you haven't been, it is an all-you-can-eat bbq, and it is amazing.

Also announced these attractions are going to be closed for at least a year:

The Disneyland Railroad. and all four stations
    The "Fantasmic!" nighttime spectacular
    All Rivers of America watercraft:
    Mark Twain Riverboat
    Sailing Ship Columbia
    Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
    Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yup, we found out last night. Our trip in December will probably be our last trip for at least a year as is, so we seem to have impeccable timing.

I should make a trip up there soon.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    I should make a trip up there soon.
    Do it.

That restaurant is awesome. I just hope they make something similar in Star Wars land (which is why it's getting closed down.)

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I thought Star Wars land was going behind the back parts of the Rivers of America near Toon Town?

Edit: Found the placement of star wars land

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I thought Star Wars land was going behind the back parts of the Rivers of America near Toon Town?

Edit: Found the placement of star wars land

Yeah it's replacing Big Thunder Ranch and stretching outward. Apparently they are also building another parking structure. From what I understand, Anaheim approved of the expansion only if they build the parking structure. I dunno if that means they will close out some of the other ones. I imagine they want to move the traffic a bit.

Honestly, I hate to say it, but I think SW land doesn't make a whole lot of sense even though I love Disney and I love SW. They are updating Space Mountain to make it SW-like, and revamping Star Tours. Which are both in Tomorrowland on the opposite side of the park.

Imo, if they are going to do this, they should move all the SW-related stuff in Tomorrowland to SW land, and then turn Tomorrowland into a more Marvelfocused place with Marvel rides. Can keep like the Buzz Lightyear there, too.

Regardless, I know I'm going to fucking love it because I am a sucker for this shit.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

youre a sucker for most shit tho

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

are the rides closed now or are they closing Jan. 10th? we are going over thanksgiving weekend, kind of a last trip before my daughter graduates high school.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Must suck for Disney Land whenever they want to do an expansion and have to either cannabalize their own land or pay a shit load for new real estate. Walt definitely learned his lesson when planning Disney World by buying all that land at once.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

All I can remember from disney are the longass lines and fat peeps, like a lot holy shit.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Honestly, I hate to say it, but I think SW land doesn't make a whole lot of sense even though I love Disney and I love SW. They are updating Space Mountain to make it SW-like, and revamping Star Tours. Which are both in Tomorrowland on the opposite side of the park.

Imo, if they are going to do this, they should move all the SW-related stuff in Tomorrowland to SW land, and then turn Tomorrowland into a more Marvelfocused place with Marvel rides. Can keep like the Buzz Lightyear there, too.

Regardless, I know I'm going to fucking love it because I am a sucker for this shit.
    I think this was their only option because Frontierland has a lot of unused space. I heard they weren't allowed to buy up more land, so they had to use existing areas including the back lots.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Dariscus View Post
    are the rides closed now or are they closing Jan. 10th? we are going over thanksgiving weekend, kind of a last trip before my daughter graduates high school.
    Both the perma shutdowns and the temp shutdowns are on Jan 10th, so you should be good to go!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I think this was their only option because Frontierland has a lot of unused space. I heard they weren't allowed to buy up more land, so they had to use existing areas including the back lots.
    Yeah, but they could have gone two routes that make more sense to me. Do the revamps they are doing in tomorrowland to make tomorrowland mostly Star Wars, then use the expansion and make it Marvel-focused. OR move the SW from tomorrowland to SW land and make Tomorrowland Marvel-focused.

I guess I am perplexed that they are not doing anything with marvel outside of innoventions which is terrible, and instead basically making two star wars spots on opposite sides of the park.

Outside of that, god I wish that if they build a parking structure they take one of the other lots and turn it into a waterpark. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BUT I CAN DREAM.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Big thunder ranch is like. One of if not my favorite locations in the whole park. It tied down into adventure land and Louisiana square so nicely. I love that area. Sucks that it's never going to be the same.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. But this is a move that I'm sad about as well. Star Wars is fine without Star Wars land at Disneyland. Disneyland doesn't have to involve Star Wars.

I'm going on December 20-23. We try to go 2-3 times a year. If I lived in California is definitely join a Disney crew.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fantasmic was life changing for me as a 10yr old. I didn't like the show so much when I saw it in Florida, but the California version was something else. If they're updating it to include Star Wars (... And giving Mickey a Keyblade) then I might just have to make a Disney trip for the first time in a decade

I don't know what Fantasmic is but I wanna see it!

E. Body
    BG Level

You can youtube it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    You can youtube it.
    Not even remotely the same feeling.

@airenn, it's one of their night shows they do on the water across from the pirates.

WELL THAT SOUNDS AWESOME

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    I don't know what Fantasmic is but I wanna see it!
    Basically it's a fireworks+laser show with big choreographed fights and dances and the full Disney cast and crew. Long story short, it's about Maleficent and evil crew trying to take over Mickey's dreams.

The Disneyland version I remember big choreographed stunts and etc (like Peter Pan vs Hook) on the boats/pirate ships that go through the river that runs through the park while Mickey is doing his thing on the island in the middle. The Florida version didn't have the boats/ships except for those small little barges that had the disney 'couples' dancing.

Edit: I might be glorifying it a bit. This is based off of my memories from 15 years ago >_>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag