FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Anaheim is car sewer suburbia like all of Orange County (other than Disneyland).
    A decade ago, I went to the Microcenter down in OC to get a mobo and CPU.
    It was literal miles and miles of uninterrupted white picket fence houses. It was TERRIFYING.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

20 years after starting FFXI... used BG Wiki most of that time... come around to making a BG profile so I can use the glorious trust checklist... coulda done it via g.docs... but to hell with it... might as well see what the other side of BG is all about and make that there forum profile... discover 10+ year disneyland shitposts... with RECENT ACTIVITY... wat

edit: I used to work in "anaheim hills" just up the 91 from D.Land... anyone who takes the 91 from inland (Riverside, Corona, etc) to work in the Mouse Kings fetid kingdom... is taking their lives into their hands daily... the 91 is the thunderdome of highways... with daily casualties

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Starting June 27 Disney World will be selling Genie+ on a per-park basis. For the park hoppers there is an option for multi-park Genie+ (essentially exactly what it is now) but that will be more expensive than doing one park only. This change does not currently impact Disneyland.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I just went on a VIP Tour at WDW yesterday which also was my birthday.

IT..WAS..AMAZING.

So VIP tours run around $600/hr for a minimum of 7 hours for up to 10 people.
    Due to finding a Facebook group that does tour share groups, where people post dates of their tour looking for more , I was able to join one..on my birthday no less !
    We had 9 people so my cost was $600 FLAT with tip for the ENTIRE day.
    Before tip was about $475 split/pp.

This was a true bucket list item up there with Club 33 for me. Our guide Kelly from Buffalo, NY was literally the epitome of Disney culture. From her skipping along hand in hand with the kids, to making them official tour guides letting them wear her vest , to helping quell fears of someone going on Tron and even letting the kiddo pout a bottle of eater on her after he rode sticking to her word , to keeping us fed and hydrated constantly.
    She also taught me there are bonus stages on Toy Story Mania so got my new personal record of 200k. She had a whole PowerPoint on her phone it was great lol.

I had no idea we didn't have to walk through the entire parks , you take shuttle vans to different parks behind the scenes like behing Tower Of Terror or behind Ratatouille in Epcot along with Guardians Cosmic rewind.
    She had so much history and information to share.

It was truly above and beyond anything I could have wished or hoped for. I truly felt like a VIP and it was the best birthday at Disney I've ever had. We ended with Fireworks viewing and it was literally the coolest day all week so we lucked out.

Last photo is everything we were able to do

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

D23 announcements recap:

Ashoka is coming to Star Tours in all parks
    Hatbox Ghost will arrive in MK Haunted Mansion in “late November”
    New E-ticket ride teased for Avengers Campus at California Adventure
    Country Bear Jamboree in MK will be revamped in 2024, Bears will now sing Disney classics
    MK will have a new pirate tavern added to POTC ride. Maybe finally a MK equivalent of Blue Bayou?
    Moana: Journey of Water opens at Epcot on October 16th
    Other World of Celebration areas (formerly Future World) aiming for December open
    New Epcot fireworks show titled Luminous debuts December 6th
    Test Track will undergo a revamp “in the near future”, not much detail
    “A Bugs Life” show at Animal Kingdom will be replaced with a Zootopia attraction, RIP Hopper animatronic
    Dino Land will become “South Americas” which fits in with the Asia and Africa themes already in the park. Encanto music is played teasing they will be a big part of it. Also, Indiana Jones music is played as a tease, likely signaling the Dinosaur ride being rethemed to Indiana Jones as it is in Disneyland
    New Figment meet & greet will begin at Epcot starting tomorrow

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So today (as of now) at Magic Kingdom, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square are closed allegedly because a bear wandered into the park and climbed up a tree near Big Thunder Mountain and they’ve been trying to get it out all morning

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So today (as of now) at Magic Kingdom, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square are closed allegedly because a bear wandered into the park and climbed up a tree near Big Thunder Mountain and they’ve been trying to get it out all morning
    Maybe it was Baloo looking for the bear necessities?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Maybe it was Baloo looking for the bear necessities?
    That joke was already made on reddit lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The memes have begun

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    That joke was already made on reddit lol.

Lol I didn’t see the Reddit post. But I guess it’s the obvious choice for a joke.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Heard y'all enjoy collecting pins, now you can collect them as NFT's

https://disneypinnacle.com/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney announced the new Avatar "attraction" will be at California Adventure rather than Disneyland. They are still calling it an "attraction" rather than a land or ride so I imagine they are trying to figure out a way to incorporate the sequel movies into it rather than carbon copy what they already have at Animal Kingdom.

We bought our Disneyland tickets a couple weeks ago when kids were $50 each, planning a trip in February or March. We're just waiting for them to announce the dates for the Wine and Food festival. Tickets have to be used by March 10th, which should overlap the beginning of the festival. If not, we'll probably be there the last week of February.

Funny thing is we had to buy theirs and ours separately so we could get the deal for them, but also get ours pre-price increase. The old prices ended the day before the kids deal began.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Disney announced the new Avatar "attraction" will be at California Adventure rather than Disneyland. They are still calling it an "attraction" rather than a land or ride so I imagine they are trying to figure out a way to incorporate the sequel movies into it rather than carbon copy what they already have at Animal Kingdom.
    I thought it was an Avatar "Experience"? Usually this would not be a full blown ride but some kind of walk through experience that they would probably put at the warehouse building near Hollywoodland where the Marvel store currently is or probably gutting the redwood trail.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So I am that person, where I have a slow growing Disney kitchen. I have the fork/knife set, kitchen utensiles, Mickey teapot, etc. I’ve tried not to go overboard with them. They’re almost like hidden mickeys imo. I am a huge fan of Corelle dishware, but I had my Corelle set, and honestly didn’t like their Mickey set as it looks very 80s. They came out with a 100 years set though and they are really cute. Corelle is doing a Black Friday sale where it’s 50% off if you spend $150, so I got three sets. Going to pack away my other set to give to my kids someday. Here’s the set they have in case anyone else is interested:

https://www.corelle.com/shop/disney?...BoCdAoQAvD_BwE

Btw in case you don’t know much about Corelle lemme give you the good and the bad. Good: you can buy individual dishware and they don’t discontinue styles, meaning when you pick your set you can have it forever by replace any that break. If you pick an older set you can probably find people selling there’s for super cheap. They are thin and stack so amazingly you can have like 10 of them in some modern sets of 4. Despite being thin, they don’t break too often. Usually you really gotta drop it on a tile floor.

Bad: biggest negative atm is what I said above COULD be all for naught. They were bought by Pyrex, and Pyrex filed for bankruptcy. So dunno if they are going to get shut down.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

That would suck. >_< I have Corelle dishes. They basically last forever.

I did manage to break one once. It was a dinner plate. I dropped it and it landed edge down. Thing shattered into a thousand razor sharp pieces. ^^;

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Grabbed a few sets, thanks for the heads up on that sale

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Caught a deal for 35% off room discount for APs in early 2024 so I booked the All Star resort for like $85 a night the first week of February. I think I got the cheerleaders hotel again, oomph. I don’t even know if I can clear those dates off work yet but I wanted to book ahead anyway just incase. Happy Thanksgiving to me!

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

First the wind sends a few guests to the hospital last week. Now we got drugged up streaker causing havoc in "It's a Small World"

https://ktla.com/news/theme-parks/di...sneyland-ride/

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

The jokes on the late night shows will write themselves this week.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag