+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah it's the summer season so none of that stuff exists. We may do a one day one park thing, I'm just shocked. I really was saving a shitload with that pass.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Walt Disney World's on property and employee staffed Uber like service is launching in preview/training this week. And they are calling it...Minnie Vans.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Full scale model of Star Wars Land was revealed at D23 tonight. They also announced a targeted opening of 2019 for both Disneyland and Disney World.

Also, it appears a new Captain Barbossa animatronic will be added to Pirates in both FL and CA; it's already up and running in Paris and looks pretty awesome.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Big news coming out of D23 about Walt Disney World Resort today--

The TRON Lightcycle, as seen in Shanghai Disneyland, will be coming to the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland. Contrary to earlier rumors, this will be built in an all new area adjacent to Space Mountain and will not cause the closure of any other attractions.

At Epcot, the France Pavillion will be getting their version of Disneyland Paris's Rattatouie ride. This will also be constructed adjacent to the Pavillion and will not cause the closure of any other attractions.

Ellen's Energy Adventure is set to close in August 2018, to be replaced with an all new Guardians of the Galaxy themed attraction. This will NOT be a recreation of California Adventure's Mission Breakout, but rather, an all new attraction.

And in Hollywood Studios, the vaunted Great Movie Ride will also be closing in August 2018, making way for a new "2 1/2D" ride based on the modern Mickey & Minnie short cartoons.

All of these additions are scheduled to take place concurrently with the hopes of having them open by 2021, in time for Walt Disney World Resort's 50th Anniversary.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And the hits from D23 keep coming. Today a Star Wars themed resort hotel was announced for Walt Disney World. Start saving money now cause I'm sure it will be hella expensive.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney World is testing a new tiered program for guests at the concierge level of their Deluxe resorts. The Haves are about to have more.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The fastpass was quite abusable the last time i was there a year ago, so aside from the firework viewing this doesnt change anything. I learned that if you can keep refreshing the app's webpage on your fastpass ride reservations it would show any new ones that became available. So for instance, id sign up for a late splash mountain pass, keep refreshing it and accepted any that were at a better time, and repeated that. Eventually I would get a fastpass that was either at the current time or under <10 minutes. I believe this happens because other guests in the system are canceling thier fast passes due to changes in plans or they cant make it. Once i figured this out we were going on rides via the fastpass non-stop our last 3 days at WDW. Its a shame i didnt think of it earlier because its a pain doing it the normal way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I just went and while didn't really abuse it like that I think the only things we didn't fast pass were ones that were already 15 min or less standby. Was pretty easy to not have to do crazy line waits even right after new years

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bumping this because there is a rumor of a price hike tomorrow (2/11/18) across both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. Annual passes will also increase between $100 and $140 with the Signature Plus pass for Disneyland topping out at around $1200. I renewed last December right before the Christmas blackout weeks so this year is going to suck when it comes time to renew right around Christmas.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That would not be surprising, they've got Star Wars lands on both coasts set to open in 2019. Raising the price now makes sense.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Deluxe pass went up $100 to $729
    Signature pass went up $150 to $999
    Signature Plus went up $100 to $1149

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

News for WDW:

The Star Wars resort hotel is confirmed to be connected to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and will integrate seemlessly into Galaxy's Edge. It will be a completely immersive Star Wars experience. And not announced, but will be expensive as all hell. Galaxy's Edge is set to open in 2019, but no date on the opening of the resort hotel yet.

At Epcot, the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy ride has been confirmed to be an indoor roller coaster, and will be one of the largest in the world. It is planned to be open for Epcot's 50th anniversary celebration in 2021.

At Hollywood Studios, the Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway ride, which is replacing the Great Movie Ride, is set to open in 2019, but no exact date yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag