+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We let our passes run out because we are doing a Disney Cruise next year.

IDK if we will be able to get the passes again after that.

They finally outpriced us.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is that with CA resident pricing? The top tier pass for Disney World FL residents is like $750 and they let you do monthly payments. I didn’t realize how much more expensive DL was.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Is that with CA resident pricing? The top tier pass for Disney World FL residents is like $750 and they let you do monthly payments. I didn’t realize how much more expensive DL was.
    Residents don't get special pricing on those passes. There is a pass specific for SoCal residents which is like $400, but it has every non-school day blocked out (including weekends), so it's pretty pointless for families.

Pass we usually get is the Deluxe, which has most days during the off season unblocked, and has a good amount of unblocked days during the summer, but that one is $800.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

OMG this commercial:

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    OMG this commercial:

It’s easily one of my favorite commercials ever, so adorable.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens May 31st 2019 at Disneyland, Aug 29th in Florida

Apparently it's only opening with the Smuggler's Run ride and Rise of the Resistance will be available in "Phase II" which means probably a few weeks to months later. Also, access to Galaxy's Edge at least at Disneyland will be on a reservation basis only which will not cost anything. Guests probably will need to get the reservation via the Disneyland App which may be something like Fast Pass where you can only enter the area at a certain time.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Shocked at the Disneyworld dates as it falls during free dining, so Astylla and I are now going to have to rethink our entire schedule. Initially Hollywood studios was going to maybe be a 1 day park just due to Toy Story land.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also I read some articles a week or so ago about how Galaxy's Edge will work.

• The Millennium Falcon ride is very similar to what I posted, but also they added a "waiting" room before boarding which is the ships "chess room" and you are invited to look around. Chewie (probably on screen) says he needs two pilots, two gunners, and two engineers. The pilots work in tandem to fly, the gunners will shoot enemies, and the flight engineers will do tasks I assume like prepping the ship for lightspeed jumps or repairing damage to the ship.
    • Throughout the land, there are security "cameras" that are put up by the First Order, and using the Disneyland app, you can choose to hack/disable or replenish the devices similar the mobile game Ingress.
    • There will be "radio" transmissions that you can intercept with the app, and you have to solve a puzzle in order to unlock the decoded transmissions.
    • There will be some type of point/profile system, but there is no word on what kind of rewards if any you get
    • A lot of signage will be posted in the park in different languages from Star Wars lore, and you have to use your app to decode it
    • While you are in line for rides, you can use your App to interact with pre-show items such as crates, ships, etc
    • You can build a higher quality custom lightsabers (and choose your own Kyber Crystals to determine color) at a new shop, but it only takes reservations at 14 people at a time. Expect to pay around $110 for the hilt and $49 for the attachable blade.
    • You can build and customize your own astromech droid and the droid when built will interact with elements in the area
    • You can buy first order and jedi style costumes which is weird because Disney has a no Costume policy
    • Merch in Galaxy's Edge will lack Disney branding because they want you to feel like you are on a different planet and not part of a park

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's absolutely shocking to me that that the Disney World version is opening in late August, I would have bet real money on sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I usually try to go the first week in September and I haven't made any reservations yet, so I'm probably boned now lol

Oooh just read NO FASTPASS for Star Wars attractions at either park initially, very interesting

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing they're actually running behind their initial schedule. A May 31 opening is suspiciously close, they may have been originally targeting a May 4th date, and failed to hit it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Update on Reservations:

If you stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian, you get an automatic reservation for Galaxy's Edge. It really is bad timing because 3/4 AP's have access to Disney that day and it is also grad nite.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Update on Reservations:

If you stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian, you get an automatic reservation for Galaxy's Edge. It really is bad timing because 3/4 AP's have access to Disney that day and it is also grad nite.
    I thought Deluxe and lower were all DCA only starting June through July or August?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I thought Deluxe and lower were all DCA only starting June through July or August?
    All of July and the first half of August are blocked out for Deluxe and So Cal Select begins their massive blockout dates the day of the opening all the way thru September 2nd. Still 3/4 passes having access that day is going to be ridiculous in terms of crowds. I feel really bad for the CM's that have to work City Hall because there are going to be a lot of people upset that they can't enter into Star Wars land because they didn't make a reservation.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

All of July and the first half of August are blocked out for Deluxe and So Cal Select begins their massive blockout dates the day of the opening all the way thru September 2nd. Still 3/4 passes having access that day is going to be ridiculous in terms of crowds. I feel really bad for the CM's that have to work City Hall because there are going to be a lot of people upset that they can't enter into Star Wars land because they didn't make a reservation.
    Yeah, it's going to be one giant shit show. We were there for the Cars Land opening and that was bad enough. We took a quick walk through it but laughed at the lines and went about enjoying everything else at the park.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah, it's going to be one giant shit show. We were there for the Cars Land opening and that was bad enough. We took a quick walk through it but laughed at the lines and went about enjoying everything else at the park.
    I remember when they rethemed Tower of Terror to Mission Breakout and opening weekend the lines were 8 hours long...that is not a typo. It is basically the same ride yet people wanted to spend 1/3rd of a day in line.

It’s going to be interesting though to see how they do reservations for the Galaxy’s Edge. This is definitely a move to prevent overcrowding (some CMs said there are areas that aren’t very open) and limit the wait times for the only ride that is going to be available which most of everyone will flock to first.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I remember when they rethemed Tower of Terror to Mission Breakout and opening weekend the lines were 8 hours long...that is not a typo. It is basically the same ride yet people wanted to spend 1/3rd of a day in line.

It’s going to be interesting though to see how they do reservations for the Galaxy’s Edge. This is definitely a move to prevent overcrowding (some CMs said there are areas that aren’t very open) and limit the wait times for the only ride that is going to be available which most of everyone will flock to first.
    We were there for that as well. Astylla camped out our spot at like 3am so we were on within the first forty minutes and thanks to max pass got on again almost after.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney World has banned smoking/vaping in all theme parks effective May 1st.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Disney going smoke free at both land and world starting May 1st. Also wagon strollers are banned, as well as strollers wider than 31" wide and 52" long

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...XF8Dg9nMaHj0p4

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Disney going smoke free at both land and world starting May 1st. Also wagon strollers are banned, as well as strollers wider than 31" wide and 52" long

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...XF8Dg9nMaHj0p4
    What's interesting is that most people including myself though it was a ban on double wide strollers, but it is simply a ban on the width of the strollers.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Last day to smoke in the park or have your keenz wagon

https://www.facebook.com/christopher...593737545/?t=4

Quick Reply Quick Reply