+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Frozen ride at Epcot opened today, 300 minute wait time to ride. Let it go, mother fuckers.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The Frozen ride at Epcot opened today, 300 minute wait time to ride. Let it go, mother fuckers.
    I saw this as well. It isn't anything spectacular...just your normal Disney Dark Ride in a boat. There are videos of the ride out on youtube right now.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If you haven't rode it yet, Soarin' around the world was amazing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Say goodbye to downtown Disney parking lot. A new four diamond hotel is going to be built at that location starting in 2018. Disney taking advantage of Anaheim incentive where if they build a four diamond hotel they keep 70% of resort taxes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Annual pass holder resort discount rates are in effect now at WDW. I actually switched my reservation from All Star Movie to Pop Century Resort and it only cost $3 more with my discount. The Port Orleans resort was tempting at around $50 more a night but that would have added around $300 more to my vacation since I am spending four nights there. Shit was tempting, though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

When we were hoping to do Disneyworld this christmas, we were able to get the free dining package at Pop. For 10 nights including the upgrade to the signature dining plan and 8 day tickets was going to be something like 2k. You can't even stay 5 nights at one of the disneyland hotels alone for that price, let alone food and tickets.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

http://di.sn/6185BIv1h

ToT officially going to be a GotG ride. I like the sound of it a lot, but I don't think I will ever be able to go (I used to go on ToT a lot, but the last time was maybe five years ago. My heart hurt after the ride , and I've been afraid to risk it since).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Neat. I imagine that the same change will come to Hollywood Studios in Orlando once construction is finished on Star Wars land and Toy Story land. I originally thought that the Orlando parks wouldn't be able to do it because of the licensing deal they have with Universal's Islands of Adventure, but it turns out that the deal is only for characters that Universal was already using at the time of the Marvel acquisition, so Guardians of the Galaxy characters and themes are fair game.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Pretty cool. Hopefully they won't shutdown ToT before I go in October though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rombot View Post

The article says Tower of Terror will close in early January so you should be good.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I consider myself pretty curmudgeon but this made me happy. 2 Stormtroopers found a kid dressed as Kylo Ren, then paraded him around the park before taking him to a meet & greet with the real Kylo Ren.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

5/7 for sure. Made me tear up a bit. Those areas where you can take pictures with the costumed characters are pretty legit. It's hilarious that they have only a few specific lines they can use to communicate though. I always wondered how they choose which line they want their costume to say.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a voice changer.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rombot View Post

I will definitely not wait till the last minute as I learned by lesson from the time where it was the last day that the railroad was operational. Towards the end of the night, our feet were tired and we had my mother with us and we decided to leave the park for the night so we thought it was a good idea to use the train to ride back to the main station so we could rest our feet. Two trains went by over the course of 20 minutes fully loaded with people not wanting to get off because they wanted to ride the train until the park closed. We were pretty upset about it, but there was nothing the Cast Members could do about the situation...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For the troopers, they have a sound pack in their costumes that is activated by their fingers. Each phrase is keyed to a specific motion. For the character meet and greets, there is a cast member in a hidden room who can hear everything being said and they are working off a sound board. For Kylo Ren, that really is Adam Driver's voice they use. They also used James Earl Jones when it was the Darth Vader meet and greet. The talking Mickey Mouse in Magic Kingdom's meet and greet is particularly impressive, with potentially hundreds of possible lines it can say.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    http://di.sn/6185BIv1h

ToT officially going to be a GotG ride. I like the sound of it a lot, but I don't think I will ever be able to go (I used to go on ToT a lot, but the last time was maybe five years ago. My heart hurt after the ride , and I've been afraid to risk it since).
    Good thing I decided to go on ToT when I was there last month. Three days is not enough time to do everything sadly

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Good thing I decided to go on ToT when I was there last month. Three days is not enough time to do everything sadly
    You can if you're lucky with crowds. Typically when Astylla and I do a weekend trip, we prioritize what we want. If we are there 3+ days, we will typically drag our asses to the gates about 30 minutes before opening, head back to the hotel around 1-2 for a quick break and nap, then come back around 5-6 and close the park down.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    If you are strictly doing rides and you have a park hopper, you can realistically do about one ride every 30-45 minutes if you use the fast passes in your favor. If you have young kids with you, it's going to increase the difficulty, but if you are in a group of people, you can grab fast passes in both parks and alternate between parks after each ride. Basically get off one ride in one park, grab a fast pass for another ride in the same park, then move to the next park and use a fast pass over there and just rinse and repeat. There is a method in terms of ride order that we have that worked flawless last time, and we are going to try to replicate it again in a few months when my family comes out but basically start with Cars, World of Color, and Space Mountain as your first fast passes as both of those specifically Cars will stop having fast pass distribution a little after mid day.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Yeah, we did do a few fast passes for the ones we really wanted to get to. They didn't have any fast passes for Space Mountain when we went, stood in line for just under 2 hours.

And we did have a 3 year old, so it did make things a bit difficult at times. Next time though it'll probably be with just a couple other people and not a group with a child so we can stay the entire day and not for only ~6hours.

P.S.
    World of Color was rad. The Indiana Jones ride was probably my favourite though, next to the California Screamin.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I am jealous that DL has Indiana Jones and we are stuck with stupid Dinosaur

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag