+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Disney World ToT will always be better though I've never ridden it, my understanding is the ride is a completely different experience based on the mechanics of the ride itself. As far as GotG:MB, this is definitely phase 1 of marvel Land. There is plenty of space behind the ride which is nothing but imagineer trailers and parking which will be converted to a new area. I just don't expect them to do/announce anything until Star Wars Land is either close to opening or operating for a short time.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Astylla and I rode it twice on opening day. Never heard a single negative thing from any of the people we talked to who rode it. Most of the people crying about it and wanting ToT back are the same bitches who cry any time anything in the park changes. As is, the DCA version of ToT was no where near as good as the Hollywood Studios version cause Michael Eisner was a cheap bitch.
    Never forget that Michael Eisner pushed forward the opening date of (then) MGM Studios so that they could open before Universal Studios Florida. By pushing the opening date up so much, the park only had two rides operational on opening day. (The Great Movie Ride and the Backlot Tour, for your trivia.) Eisner was amazing for the company but terrible for the parks, with the lone exception of pushing through Splash Mountain.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looks like MaxPass will go live next month. This is great for out of towners since photopass will be rolled into the $10 purchase and allows you to get a fast pass without having to walk to the attraction.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Some Disneyland News:

Returning Rides/Attractions
    Pirates Lair is now open again
    Fantasmic! comes back July 17
    Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America opens July 29th

MaxPass and Changes to FastPass
    MaxPass will be available for $10/ticket per day via the Disneyland App. This allows users to get a virtual fastpass without having to actually go to the Kiosk. Additionally, regular FastPass will be changing to being bound to the ticket or AP. Normally, you go to a FastPass booth, insert your ticket/AP, and get a FastPass which is your ticket to get on the ride a specific time. Now, when you insert your park ticket/AP, the return time is digitally bound to your ticket/pass and you are printed a reminder slip. When it is time to go for your ride, instead of them taking your fastpass, they will scan your ticket/AP to check for your return time.

This new approach might be problematic for AP holders who for instance go in groups where members who don't go on rides obtain fast passes anyways so that other members of their group can ride twice as they might check your photo when they scan your AP. I haven't been yet, but plan to go after the 4th or test it out.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Rumor that the auction scene for Pirates is changing to be more PC.

http://micechat.com/165272-breaking-...magic-kingdom/

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hah. That's some lame shit.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

It's fucking bullshit. First they changed it so the pirates no longer chased the women and now this. FUCK. I love Disney but this might be too much

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kind of funny how they wanna change the Pirates ride to be more PC the same week they announce Donald Trump will have a featured speaking role in the Hall of Presidents.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, let's talk about those FastPass changes....

For those who aren't aware of the FastPass system, it was basically Disney's way to allow guests to get on popular rides by inserting their day ticket into a kiosk and receiving a paper ticket with a return window to come back to the ride. This paper ticket allowed the guest to queue up in a separate line usually 5-10 minutes long to get on the ride. With the introduction of MaxPass rolling out this month, there has been some changes to the FastPass system which is both good and bad.

First off, now when you go to a FastPass Kiosk, you insert your day ticket/annual pass like you normally would, but now instead of a paper ticket which was your "pass" to get on the ride, you are simply given a reminder slip with the return window on it and the time you are eligible for a new FastPass. The reminder slip isn't your ticket for the ride, as it is now tied to your actual day park ticket/AP.When your FastPass window arrives and you head over to the ride, you now have to scan your day ticket/AP in order to get on the ride. The kiosk will light up if you are within your return window or a Cast Member will scan your ticket. This is where things get a bit interesting. Disney has revamped a good portion of the return time windows for a lot of the rides and it appears that they have put rides into 3 different categories based on the return window when the ticket is issued:

Category I: Return Window starts immediately
    - Big Thunder Railroad
    - Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    - California Sceaming
    - Goofy's Sky School
    - Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin
    - The Haunted Mansion

Category II: Return Window starts 30-60 minutes after issued
    - Grizzly River Run
    - Soarin'
    - The Matterhorn

Category III: Return Window increases until the finite set of FP's run out

- GOTG: Mission Breakout
    - Indiana Jones
    - Radiator Racers
    - Space Mountain
    - Splash Mountain
    - Star Tours

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fucking hell. Nothing was better then on a hot day, splash mountain being a 45-60 minute stand by line and grabbing a fast pass for a 35 minute line. Sounds like those days are gone?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Fucking hell. Nothing was better then on a hot day, splash mountain being a 45-60 minute stand by line and grabbing a fast pass for a 35 minute line. Sounds like those days are gone?
    Splash Mountain being Cat3 means it will work as it did before where there were only a finite amount of FastPasses given out per day for the ride. It basically boils down to every X amount of FastPasses given increases the return time by 30 minutes to the point where they stop giving out FP's (sometime around 15-30 min to park closing). Cat1&2 rides seem to have a semi fixed return window (I've been noticing Matterhorn actually appears to be between Cat2&3). Also you can no longer send a runner with your group's Tickets to get FP's in the other park via ParkHopper. It requires the ticket to be "signed in" to the park via being scanned at the gate in order to pull a FastPass in that park. This is basically a way to push people into using the $10 MaxPass App since you can get FastPasses for either park without having to physically go there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Second part no surprise as they changed that on normal fast passes right before our AP's expired. In all honesty, I think it's a better system then the one used at Disneyworld where you can only have X amount of fast passes, and they have to be for different tier rides, and you can't get any more for any tier until you exhaust them all, so if you have even just one fast pass at the end of the night, once you are done with the other fast passes, you still can't get a new one.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Damn. I knew I should've collected the physical tickets for the rides. Instead I always handed out any extras I had to families in line when I left.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Damn. I knew I should've collected the physical tickets for the rides. Instead I always handed out any extras I had to families in line when I left.
    Sometimes we'd go for dinner and grab a random fast pass and hand it out to a couple or small family randomly on our way out of the park. But since it is now tied to your ticket, you can't do that anymore.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah which sucks. Oh well I guess things change.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Holy shit the annual passes spoiled me. I guess I haven't been paying attention to the regular ticket prices.

My sister and her kids are coming this week for a week and she is dying to go to DL, which I totally get. But for us to do a 2 day 1 park each it's going to cost us $700. But we're saving for the DW trip next year, and so it's hard to justify. @.@; I miss DL already, though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Holy shit the annual passes spoiled me. I guess I haven't been paying attention to the regular ticket prices.

My sister and her kids are coming this week for a week and she is dying to go to DL, which I totally get. But for us to do a 2 day 1 park each it's going to cost us $700. But we're saving for the DW trip next year, and so it's hard to justify. @.@; I miss DL already, though.
    You're in so-cal? Is there any discounts going on for you right now?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

There's the California Select (~$350) & a more expensive annual passport. Select blacks out pretty much all weekends, most of summer, traditional Spring break, and all long holiday weekends. The other passport adds Sundays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    There's the California Select (~$350) & a more expensive annual passport. Select blacks out pretty much all weekends, most of summer, traditional Spring break, and all long holiday weekends. The other passport adds Sundays
    I know earlier this year they did a 3 day pass only socal residents could buy for like 150, was more implying about something like that.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Nah those are gone. I don't even have Disney or Universal discount tickets through work anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag