+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The only good thing about critter country being a dead end is that splash mountain was practically a guaranteed 30 minute wait via fast pass since stand by entrance starts at haunted mansion and the fast pass distribution was next to the many acid trips of Winnie the Pooh

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

One thing that is interesting is that they didn't just relocate Big Thunder Ranch BBQ across from Big Thunder Mountain. I don't remember anything being in that wooded tree area except for some faux abandoned cart/mine that is on the riverbanks.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd always heard how tiny Disney Land is in comparison to the Magic Kingdom park, but that really puts it in perspective. For the Florida people, the Star Wars land (and Toy Story land) will be at Hollywood Studios and is supposedly going to be of comparable size.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah disneyworld in Florida is much more spread out, yet the four parks there have less rides than the two parka at Disneyland. Go figure

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Yeah disneyworld in Florida is much more spread out, yet the four parks there have less rides than the two parka at Disneyland. Go figure
    To be honest, I didn't believe this until I looked recently. Disney World's combined parks barely have more rides than Disneyland alone. Disneyland and California Adventure combined has almost 50% more than rides than Disney World combined. I think that when you combine rides and attractions (shows/walkthrough interactive attractions like Tarzan's Treehouse) Disney World comes out on top. Still pretty crazy...

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The only good thing about critter country being a dead end is that splash mountain was practically a guaranteed 30 minute wait via fast pass since stand by entrance starts at haunted mansion and the fast pass distribution was next to the many acid trips of Winnie the Pooh
    Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that Poo ride is like taking acid (never taken it but I imagine that's what it would be like...)

Also I have a really fond memory of Critter Country. It was my first time ever going to Disneyland and my girlfriend was taking me. We walked up towards Critter Country and around big thunder mountain railroad (it was closed for the year or so renovation) there were many people in costume up there near this large stage. Some really, really dorky looking bears... they were obviously supposed to look like idiot inbred country hicks and one of them spotted me from literally 50 feet away just looking at what the fuck they were doing. This goofy mother fucker wobbles all the way over to me and my girlfriend and I noticed that he was offering people things on a tray, as if he was like handing out delicious treats or something. I'm like what is this guy doing... what is he handing out. This mother fucker gets to me and it's ICE CUBES... just a bunch of like half melted ice cubes on the inside of a turned over trash can lid. I died laughing it was so hysterically stupid.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, that was the country bear jamboree. Also as you are exiting the acid trip portion of Winnie the Pooh, look up and behind you and youll see an Easter egg from it.

Best moment though was while in standby line for splash mountain, we were near the part where the fast pass entrance is. Brer fox and bear go in and stand in the corner and fox tapped this girl on the shoulder who wasn't paying attention and trying to hurry through the queue and she just jumped and screamed

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My favorite part of my last Disney trip was outside the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot, they have those animatronic seagulls from the movie that yell "MINE. MINE. MINE MINE. MINE. MINE MINE MINE." in random intervals and cadences. I had to finish a drink before I could get in line so I just hung out near the front for a few minutes and watched them and people's interactions with them. It was neat.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They have the same seagulls at Disneyland too but they are located more in the water.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bump, (might as well call this the Disneyland Thread?? lol)

Disneyland is moving towards tiered ticket pricing based on season. I had a feeling that this was going to occur especially with all the rides down for the next 12-18 months. Disneyland Paris already does this and ticket prices are cheaper or expensive based on the season (off peak vs peak season). A good season based gauge would be to take a look at the seasonal breakdown for the Disney Vacation Club at the Grand Californian which has four seasons. Below is just a guess based on those seasonal dates at where they could go with this:

Adventure Season (lowest prices $10 to $15 off normal price)
    Jan 3 - Feb 20
    Sept 4 - Oct 6

Choice Season (Normal current price point)
    Apr 3 - Jun 26
    Oct 7 - Nov 21
    Nov 27 - Dec 22

Magic Season ($5 to $10 more than normal price)
    Feb 21 - Mar 17
    Jun 27 - Sep 3

Premiere Season ($10-$20 more than normal price)
    Jan 1-2
    Mar 18 - Apr 2
    Nov 22 - 26
    Dec 23 - 31

On the rumor front:

- Tickets possibly going up again this Sunday (2/28)
    - Star Tours is going to close once Star Wars land opens, and it will be replaced with the Iron Man Experience which will be a clone of the one opening at Hong Kong Disney.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If they close star tours and it's not immediately relocated to starwars land with no down time, i will scream. Still one of my favorite rides there.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If they close star tours and it's not immediately relocated to starwars land with no down time, i will scream. Still one of my favorite rides there.
    They may move it during a "phase 2" plan for Star Wars Land, but sadly I don't think it's going to happen. Also, it seems weird to have an Iron Man experience in Tomorrowland when they are supposedly planning Marvel Land in California Adventure in the eastern area of the park behind radiator springs and the tower of terror.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hmm, I wonder how that would work for the Hollywood Studios counterpart. Disney World can't have Marvel attractions because of the deal that Islands of Adventure has.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how that would work for the Hollywood Studios counterpart. Disney World can't have Marvel attractions because of the deal that Islands of Adventure has.
    They have the rights to use the characters and attractions in California. I think there is still some hesitation based on how to deal with the extra crowds that it would generate and they are probably using Star Wars land as a test environment.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looks like the tiered pricing is happening. I was somewhat close on the estimate.

$95 for Value Days
    $105 for Regular Days
    $119 for Peak Days

The percentage of value days, regular days, and peak days per year are 30%, 44%, and 26%. So if you plan on going anytime soon buy your tickets today cause it goes up tomorrow.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Frozen show is moving to the Hyperion Theater in the summer. Aladdin is already gone. Not sure what they are going to do with the Muppet theater, but I guess Beauty and the Beast is going to come back to the Fairytale Theater then. I never got to see that one, but I love both the Frozen and Rapunzel shows there.

Also something very tall is replacing Autopia.

Oh, and if you missed it (we did initially) they've added a dinner and a Paint the Night parade package. This is perfect if you don't want to have to wait for the second showing. The first showing is just the pits to find a spot. I'm praying they will add a package soon for the fireworks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Frozen show is moving to the Hyperion Theater in the summer. Aladdin is already gone. Not sure what they are going to do with the Muppet theater, but I guess Beauty and the Beast is going to come back to the Fairytale Theater then. I never got to see that one, but I love both the Frozen and Rapunzel shows there.

Also something very tall is replacing Autopia.

Oh, and if you missed it (we did initially) they've added a dinner and a Paint the Night parade package. This is perfect if you don't want to have to wait for the second showing. The first showing is just the pits to find a spot. I'm praying they will add a package soon for the fireworks.
    Autopia is staying, it just has a new sponsor (rumored to be Honda)

Also we did the dinner showing for Paint the Night package, and it had us seated on Main street, so we were able to go onto the street after the parade to watch the fireworks, and it was an excellent view.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Autopia is staying, it just has a new sponsor (rumored to be Honda)

Also we did the dinner showing for Paint the Night package, and it had us seated on Main street, so we were able to go onto the street after the parade to watch the fireworks, and it was an excellent view.
    Yea I read that there are two locations for the package and one is near the castle where you can do the same thing. We usually do one big dining experience per trip, but for my daughter's bday we may do Ariel's Grotto (required) and that package the next day just so they can see it. Whenever we want to see the show we go to the second one, and wake the kids up once the parade starts. The streets are pretty empty for the second show. It would be nice for the kids to see the parade though without having to be woken up.

As to Autopia: That makes sense. I can't remember what the tall structure was in the ride, but then we never go on that one because of the height requirement.

[edit] We probably will skip going on my bday and wait for my daughter's in April. Only because our passes run out then and we almost weren't able to sneak in my daughter yesterday (she's turning 4 in April). I don't want to try and remember two different expiration dates, so waiting to get her pass when ours are about to run out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The tall structure if it's what I think it is, is just part of the queue itself when the line gets long, they open it up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The tall structure if it's what I think it is, is just part of the queue itself when the line gets long, they open it up.
    Ahh yeah, I think we were looking at this:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag