+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah it's the summer season so none of that stuff exists. We may do a one day one park thing, I'm just shocked. I really was saving a shitload with that pass.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Walt Disney World's on property and employee staffed Uber like service is launching in preview/training this week. And they are calling it...Minnie Vans.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Full scale model of Star Wars Land was revealed at D23 tonight. They also announced a targeted opening of 2019 for both Disneyland and Disney World.

Also, it appears a new Captain Barbossa animatronic will be added to Pirates in both FL and CA; it's already up and running in Paris and looks pretty awesome.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Big news coming out of D23 about Walt Disney World Resort today--

The TRON Lightcycle, as seen in Shanghai Disneyland, will be coming to the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland. Contrary to earlier rumors, this will be built in an all new area adjacent to Space Mountain and will not cause the closure of any other attractions.

At Epcot, the France Pavillion will be getting their version of Disneyland Paris's Rattatouie ride. This will also be constructed adjacent to the Pavillion and will not cause the closure of any other attractions.

Ellen's Energy Adventure is set to close in August 2018, to be replaced with an all new Guardians of the Galaxy themed attraction. This will NOT be a recreation of California Adventure's Mission Breakout, but rather, an all new attraction.

And in Hollywood Studios, the vaunted Great Movie Ride will also be closing in August 2018, making way for a new "2 1/2D" ride based on the modern Mickey & Minnie short cartoons.

All of these additions are scheduled to take place concurrently with the hopes of having them open by 2021, in time for Walt Disney World Resort's 50th Anniversary.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And the hits from D23 keep coming. Today a Star Wars themed resort hotel was announced for Walt Disney World. Start saving money now cause I'm sure it will be hella expensive.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney World is testing a new tiered program for guests at the concierge level of their Deluxe resorts. The Haves are about to have more.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The fastpass was quite abusable the last time i was there a year ago, so aside from the firework viewing this doesnt change anything. I learned that if you can keep refreshing the app's webpage on your fastpass ride reservations it would show any new ones that became available. So for instance, id sign up for a late splash mountain pass, keep refreshing it and accepted any that were at a better time, and repeated that. Eventually I would get a fastpass that was either at the current time or under <10 minutes. I believe this happens because other guests in the system are canceling thier fast passes due to changes in plans or they cant make it. Once i figured this out we were going on rides via the fastpass non-stop our last 3 days at WDW. Its a shame i didnt think of it earlier because its a pain doing it the normal way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I just went and while didn't really abuse it like that I think the only things we didn't fast pass were ones that were already 15 min or less standby. Was pretty easy to not have to do crazy line waits even right after new years

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bumping this because there is a rumor of a price hike tomorrow (2/11/18) across both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. Annual passes will also increase between $100 and $140 with the Signature Plus pass for Disneyland topping out at around $1200. I renewed last December right before the Christmas blackout weeks so this year is going to suck when it comes time to renew right around Christmas.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That would not be surprising, they've got Star Wars lands on both coasts set to open in 2019. Raising the price now makes sense.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Deluxe pass went up $100 to $729
    Signature pass went up $150 to $999
    Signature Plus went up $100 to $1149

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

News for WDW:

The Star Wars resort hotel is confirmed to be connected to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and will integrate seemlessly into Galaxy's Edge. It will be a completely immersive Star Wars experience. And not announced, but will be expensive as all hell. Galaxy's Edge is set to open in 2019, but no date on the opening of the resort hotel yet.

At Epcot, the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy ride has been confirmed to be an indoor roller coaster, and will be one of the largest in the world. It is planned to be open for Epcot's 50th anniversary celebration in 2021.

At Hollywood Studios, the Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway ride, which is replacing the Great Movie Ride, is set to open in 2019, but no exact date yet.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Welp, we all knew this was coming. Disney is adding Marvel Land to DCA, Paris, and Hong Kong Disney. When Disney announced the closure of Hollywood Tower of Terror to be replaced by GotG Mission Breakout, many speculated that it was going to be the new entrance to a Marvel Land with a Bugs Land area being scrapped. Today, Disney made it official as they plan to create a new area inside Disney California Adventure closing down and replacing Bugs Land with a new Marvel area.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ng-disneyland/

At this point Disney should really think about re-branding California Adventure. With the "Golden Gate Bridge" monorail bridge gone along with the big California lettering, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Paradise Pier (rebranded as Pixar Pier), soarin over California changed to soarin over the world, it is only a matter of time before Grizzly Rapids is gone/changed as well.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Why is cali getting marvel land but not Disney world. Fuck these assholes, marvel inside universal studios is old as shit and boring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Why is cali getting marvel land but not Disney world. Fuck these assholes, marvel inside universal studios is old as shit and boring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Disney World can't get Marvel because of Universal. Universal had a deal with Marvel that predates the Disney acquisition. As long as Universal is using Marvel characters, Disney cannot use them in any theme parks east of the Mississippi River. However, since the Disney acquisition, Universal cannot introduce any new characters. It's why Disney World can't use Spider-Man or the Avengers or X-Men, but they can use Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Black Panther etc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Welp, we all knew this was coming. Disney is adding Marvel Land to DCA, Paris, and Hong Kong Disney. When Disney announced the closure of Hollywood Tower of Terror to be replaced by GotG Mission Breakout, many speculated that it was going to be the new entrance to a Marvel Land with a Bugs Land area being scrapped. Today, Disney made it official as they plan to create a new area inside Disney California Adventure closing down and replacing Bugs Land with a new Marvel area.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ng-disneyland/

At this point Disney should really think about re-branding California Adventure. With the "Golden Gate Bridge" monorail bridge gone along with the big California lettering, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Paradise Pier (rebranded as Pixar Pier), soarin over California changed to soarin over the world, it is only a matter of time before Grizzly Rapids is gone/changed as well.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ok so let's talk about the Millennium Falcon Ride at Disneyland for a minute...

It was revealed not too long ago that the ride was going to be powered by 8x Nvidia Quadro P6000's to offer realtime rendering of the environment and that the ride itself was going to seat 6 people who will be in charge of various different tasks such as helping to make the jump to hyperspace. I started to look around the internet to try to figure out logistically how the ride would queue and work with only 6 people and I believe I have stumbled onto something.

Based on the aerial views of construction there are 4 circular areas of interest:

These circular areas are the "theaters" or separate instances of the ride itself. I believe the Millennium Falcon will be parked "outside" of the ride, but when you queue up to get on the ride, you will queue around the complex a few times and then "board" the ship and right before you get to the ride (the actual cockpit), you will snake thru the hallways of the Millennium Falcon itself to make you feel that you are on it.

Now for the ride itself. Knowing Disney, they don't want to break the illusion that you are inside the Millennium Falcon, so you won't see multiple doorways to board multiple ships. Instead, the hallway will split into two leading to two separate theaters where the ride is. Here is my sad paint drawing of the ride:

Each square is a cockpit for the Millennium Falcon and people load into one with 6 people and then the ride moves in a circle slowly. As it slowly moves thru the circle, the ride takes place as a ride simulator in which the guests are in control of the ship. As far as unloading the passengers at the end, I think it will operate on a two level downward spiral track, so that when the ride is over, you are beneath where you started. Here is a poor side-view paint drawing of the circular chamber:

Each of the bullet looking things are cockpits of the Millennium Falcon that holds 6 passengers. The dome shape at the front is to project the real time rendering of the action (8 GPU's per cockpit) which is unique and specific to each "ride" as they do not share the same screens. At the end of the ride after the guests exit, the cockpit will take an elevator back up (not drawn) to the main floor to start all over again. There will be 4 of these circular theaters in total in two pairs, with 6-7 cockpits each so at maximum it can handle 168 guests at one time. So quick math, if the ride is say 4 minutes long and loading and unloading takes 2 minutes, then a full cycle of one cockpit would be roughly 8 minutes. Divide that by 6 guests per cockpit and you are looking at about close to 6 guests per minute for one theater or 360 guests per hour. Multiply that by 4 theaters and you get almost 1500 guests per hour. Oddly enough, there is an unofficial ride per hour spreadsheet for Disneyland Rides, and Star Tours is 1450 guests per hour.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Universal Orlando has been forced to disclose their plans to build a new theme park. It involves a rather convoluted history.

Universal Orlando was facing some hard times following a sharp decline in tourism following 9/11, and they ended up selling a good chunk of undeveloped land to an outside party. Part of the stipulation of the sale at the time was that he could not develop himself, or sell to, any company that would seek to build attractions/theme parks adjacent to Universal property. Fast forward 16 years or so, and Universal wanted to buy that land back from the person they sold it to. However, they decided to take a page from Walt Disney's playbook and use a shell company to purchase the land from the owner who, if he knew it was Universal buying it back, would have certainly demanded a higher offer.

When he discovers that he has been bamboozled after the sale, he lawyers up and says oh hell no, the stipulation that Universal themselves insisted on including was that no attraction/theme park could be built on the property, and now Universal found themselves in a legal pickle. Universal ended up settling the lawsuit for an undisclosed amount and the no theme park stipulation was dropped. So, while they have not officially announced plans to build a whole new theme park, it was disclosed in the suit proceedings that this was indeed Universal's intention when buying back the land.

Now I say all that to bring us to this point. The land Universal purchased totaled 475 acres. For perspective, Disney's Magic Kingdom park is just over 100 acres. Whatever they plan to build, it's going to be HUGE.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So what you're telling me is this is gonna be supped up version of Star Tours.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    So what you're telling me is this is gonna be supped up version of Star Tours.
    Pretty much Star Tours with 6 people and everyone has a job to do during the ride. If someone is the pilot, that is going to be a hot and contested spot, especially if you are with a group of strangers. There was a rumor some time ago that Star Wars land was going to be very interactive so that if you didn't do well on the ride, it will affect possibly how you are perceived in the park by characters in the area or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag