+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Magic Kingdom's iconic nighttime fireworks show, "Wishes", will be ending it's nearly 15 year run on May 11th. It will be replaced by a new fireworks and laser projection show titled "Happily Ever After", which is set to debut the very next night, May 12th. So if you want to see it again, plan your next trip soon.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Price increase looks to be definitely happening tomorrow for AP. Possible 3-5% increase on AP prices. No word on monthly payments or if any APs will include MaxPass.

Edit - price increase confirmed:
    http://m.ocregister.com/articles/dis...alifornia.html

Single day prices going up as well. Signature and Signature plus remain the same price and parking goes up to $20.

Edit - they just updated the article they are NOT getting rid of monthly payments.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Rumor: Gondola system possibly coming to Disney World resort; connecting Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Art of Animation resort, and Caribbean Beach resort.
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportati...a-reality-.htm

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney World has released their summer resort discount rates. Florida residents and/or annual passholders can save up to 25% on select nights throughout the summer. The value resorts are around $85~ a night. Not bad if you can stomach going during the summer months.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Rumor: Gondola system possibly coming to Disney World resort; connecting Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Art of Animation resort, and Caribbean Beach resort.
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportati...a-reality-.htm
    While I did enjoy that ride as a kid in Magic Kingdom, even I remember the wait time on that shit was fucking awful.

I wish they would dump more money into finally connecting all the parks via monorail. (Disneyland, too.)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    While I did enjoy that ride as a kid in Magic Kingdom, even I remember the wait time on that shit was fucking awful.

I wish they would dump more money into finally connecting all the parks via monorail. (Disneyland, too.)
    Apparently it was in the works for most of the late 90s, and then 9/11 happened and Disney took a major hit, and the cost to expand the monorail system kept getting bigger and bigger each year. It's just not economically feasible at this point.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have no idea how they are going to execute this, but they are saying your actions in attractions at the Star Wars land expansion will have consequences for the rest of your experience in the area.
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/your-decision...ampaign=buffer

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Went to DL on Monday for the last time with our Annual Passes. Looking forward to the DW switch, but it's going to be really fucking werid to not be going like every month. In-laws just went to DW two weeks ago. I warned them that they should go for two weeks, but they like to live large and did one week and stayed at the contemporary. The mom said while the kids had fun she was never going again because she was so exhausted. Solidifying my need to go for two weeks and stay someplace cheap.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Seriously, do 7-8 nights with a built in break day. And stay on site, just look at a moderate or value resort when they have a free dining package. Being able to stay onsite and not have to deal with daily parking fee's and being able to book fast passes 60 days out is worth the extra 20-50 a night you'll spend versus staying off site at disneyworld.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Seriously, do 7-8 nights with a built in break day. And stay on site, just look at a moderate or value resort when they have a free dining package. Being able to stay onsite and not have to deal with daily parking fee's and being able to book fast passes 60 days out is worth the extra 20-50 a night you'll spend versus staying off site at disneyworld.
    Annual pass holders (which I believe Ksandra will be) don't have to pay for parking. That being said I'd still recommend staying on site. The fall promos will probably be announced next month, and the summer promos right now are pretty crazy. Can get a room at the All Stars (which is Disney's bottom of the barrel, to be fair) for $70 a night. The moderates are around $150-170 a night. Hell even the Grand Floridian is only around $350 a night during this promo period.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Splash Mountain in Florida is going to be closed for refurbishment from August 28th - November 16th. Puts a damper on my planned September trip I dunno why they don't wait til winter to refurbish a water ride though.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I dunno why they don't wait til winter to refurbish a water ride though.
    The water parks are open year-round, and Disney World is absolutely packed during the holiday season. There are definitely more people coming in late November up through New Years than there are after Labor Day weekend until Thanksgiving, so it makes sense that there'd be refurbishment going on during that down-time.

I will admit it does seem kind of strange that they're not waiting until after Labor Day weekend to close it for refurbishment though, hahaha.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Rumor has it that MaxPass will debut June 1st at Disneyland. MaxPass basically is an app that allows you to book fast passes directly from your phone without having to walk to the kiosk. The downside is that the app costs $10/day per person and there is a possibility that it will be included with Signature Plus AP's only.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also, looks like the change to the new FastPass additions of TSMM and Matterhorn also included both parks being networked under one Fast Pass system. Before this, you could park hop and hold one Fast Pass for each park at the same time. Now they all operate under the same umbrella which means you have to choose your fast passes more carefully otherwise you get locked out of any FP attractions in the other park until the return time or new distribution time of 2 hours has elapsed.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man, all that effort to MAYBE cut your time in line by half? On top of a recent price hike? Fuck that.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I like the Fast Pass system at Disney World but not sure if it would go over as smoothly at Disneyland.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Reading rumors that Disney is looking into revamping the Hall of Presidents attraction so that Trump will be featured, but not have a speaking role. Beginning in 1993 with Bill Clinton, and continuing with George W. Bush and Barack Obama, the sitting President has always had a featured speaking role. Now the plan is to go back to the pre 1993 version where only George Washington and Abraham Lincoln have speaking roles.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Man, all that effort to MAYBE cut your time in line by half? On top of a recent price hike? Fuck that.
    The previous Fast Pass system was pretty solid when both parks weren't networked. If you planned properly you could average 2-3 rides an hour just due to the nature of how Fast Passes were generated. There are other loopholes you can currently use right now to get similar results but it's specific to a certain scenario.

I like the Fast Pass system at Disney World but not sure if it would go over as smoothly at Disneyland.
    Fast Pass plus is great for out of towners because you could plan up to 3 fast pass rides ahead of time but the same system would work poorly at the Disneyland Resort because there are a ton of AP holders. As it stands right now the most popular ride between both parks is the Cars ride which often runs out of fast passes around noon (usually the return time moves 3.5 hours for every hour the park is open). Having the ability for people to reserve rides before going to the park and being AP holders, rides like Cars, Matterhorn, and Space Mountain would run out of fast passes much more quickly. If there was the capacity for it, I would love if they just scrapped fast pass and had a new system that allows you to simply pick up to 5 rides while at the park and a machine would auto schedule you for rides at specific times throughout the day. Legoland has something similar, but its a device that you rent for the day and carry with you (size of a Tamagotchi pet). You select 1 ride from the park and then it virtually queues you into a line and alerts you when it is your turn. You simply just show up with the device and get on the ride.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout opened this weekend at Disneyland. If you haven't heard of it, basically it is the ride that replaced Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Disney just re-themed the ride and it is basically the same ride which is get into a seated elevator which rises and drops randomly. The only difference is that there is 80's music and the ride stops 3 times to show you a special scene with the characters from Guardians of the Galaxy. There are supposedly 5 different variants of what you see during the ride along with the music played. People waited up to 6 hours to get on this ride and the line snaked through California Adventure, and while there were a lot of positive things to say about the inside theming of the ride, there has been a lot of negative feedback on the ride experience itself as most people felt it was rushed and want Tower of Terror back.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout opened this weekend at Disneyland. If you haven't heard of it, basically it is the ride that replaced Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Disney just re-themed the ride and it is basically the same ride which is get into a seated elevator which rises and drops randomly. The only difference is that there is 80's music and the ride stops 3 times to show you a special scene with the characters from Guardians of the Galaxy. There are supposedly 5 different variants of what you see during the ride along with the music played. People waited up to 6 hours to get on this ride and the line snaked through California Adventure, and while there were a lot of positive things to say about the inside theming of the ride, there has been a lot of negative feedback on the ride experience itself as most people felt it was rushed and want Tower of Terror back.
    Astylla and I rode it twice on opening day. Never heard a single negative thing from any of the people we talked to who rode it. Most of the people crying about it and wanting ToT back are the same bitches who cry any time anything in the park changes. As is, the DCA version of ToT was no where near as good as the Hollywood Studios version cause Michael Eisner was a cheap bitch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag