+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So more like star tours meets mission to mars at wdw

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Ok so let's talk about the Millennium Falcon Ride at Disneyland for a minute...

It was revealed not too long ago that the ride was going to be powered by 8x Nvidia Quadro P6000's to offer realtime rendering of the environment and that the ride itself was going to seat 6 people who will be in charge of various different tasks such as helping to make the jump to hyperspace. I started to look around the internet to try to figure out logistically how the ride would queue and work with only 6 people and I believe I have stumbled onto something.

Based on the aerial views of construction there are 4 circular areas of interest:

These circular areas are the "theaters" or separate instances of the ride itself. I believe the Millennium Falcon will be parked "outside" of the ride, but when you queue up to get on the ride, you will queue around the complex a few times and then "board" the ship and right before you get to the ride (the actual cockpit), you will snake thru the hallways of the Millennium Falcon itself to make you feel that you are on it.

Now for the ride itself. Knowing Disney, they don't want to break the illusion that you are inside the Millennium Falcon, so you won't see multiple doorways to board multiple ships. Instead, the hallway will split into two leading to two separate theaters where the ride is. Here is my sad paint drawing of the ride:

Each square is a cockpit for the Millennium Falcon and people load into one with 6 people and then the ride moves in a circle slowly. As it slowly moves thru the circle, the ride takes place as a ride simulator in which the guests are in control of the ship. As far as unloading the passengers at the end, I think it will operate on a two level downward spiral track, so that when the ride is over, you are beneath where you started. Here is a poor side-view paint drawing of the circular chamber:

Each of the bullet looking things are cockpits of the Millennium Falcon that holds 6 passengers. The dome shape at the front is to project the real time rendering of the action (8 GPU's per cockpit) which is unique and specific to each "ride" as they do not share the same screens. At the end of the ride after the guests exit, the cockpit will take an elevator back up (not drawn) to the main floor to start all over again. There will be 4 of these circular theaters in total in two pairs, with 6-7 cockpits each so at maximum it can handle 168 guests at one time. So quick math, if the ride is say 4 minutes long and loading and unloading takes 2 minutes, then a full cycle of one cockpit would be roughly 8 minutes. Divide that by 6 guests per cockpit and you are looking at about close to 6 guests per minute for one theater or 360 guests per hour. Multiply that by 4 theaters and you get almost 1500 guests per hour. Oddly enough, there is an unofficial ride per hour spreadsheet for Disneyland Rides, and Star Tours is 1450 guests per hour.
    Did you do any of this investigating? Cause it's pretty impressive lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

95% of it including the lol paint. I had heard a theory on the ride being turntable style and mission to Mars kept coming up but the rest is just me trying to put the pieces together. The two level spiral idea mainly came from staring at many aerial photos trying to figure out the entrance and exit and it made the most sense.

I was about to present this theory to micechat but they are too busy being angry about the temporary signage over pizza port not being straight and how Walt is rolling in his grave. Yes they get that crazy in fact there was a thread about chipped paint in the park and the person wanted a refund of their money.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is this present in Disneyland or is this a Disneyworld exclusive? Super impressive work+1 btw.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It will be in both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios (Orlando) sometime in 2019. They want to have it release around the same time as Episode IX, but that is still up in the air. As of now, construction on the Disneyland version is ahead of the Orlando version. But Orlando is also getting the Star Wars hotel resort which I believe Disneyland is not getting.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What's silly is Disneyland is getting a new hotel where downtown Disney is but it isn't Star Wars themed. The themed hotel at Disney world will be fully immersive and the rooms are being designed to make it look like you are on in a sleeping cabin on a ship complete with a giant LCD screen as a window looking out into "space". My understanding is that it will be an all inclusive luxury resort and when you go you get to choose the light or dark side.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

95% of it including the lol paint. I had heard a theory on the ride being turntable style and mission to Mars kept coming up but the rest is just me trying to put the pieces together. The two level spiral idea mainly came from staring at many aerial photos trying to figure out the entrance and exit and it made the most sense.

I was about to present this theory to micechat but they are too busy being angry about the temporary signage over pizza port not being straight and how Walt is rolling in his grave. Yes they get that crazy in fact there was a thread about chipped paint in the park and the person wanted a refund of their money.
    Micechat and DISBoards complain about the absolute stupidest shit ever. Everything is a slight and everything should be comped in their eyes. I read Micechat for the weekly blogs, and DISBoards gets the occasional bit of useful info sprinkled in with a dash of uncontrollable net rage.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Micechat and DISBoards complain about the absolute stupidest shit ever. Everything is a slight and everything should be comped in their eyes. I read Micechat for the weekly blogs, and DISBoards gets the occasional bit of useful info sprinkled in with a dash of uncontrollable net rage.
    My favorite threads are price hikes because there are always those posters that basically love ticket price increases to keep “poor people” from crowding the parks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

My favorite threads are price hikes because there are always those posters that basically love ticket price increases to keep “poor people” from crowding the parks.
    Yeah. It's almost like a bingo game with every thread. With Walt rolling in his grave being the freebie on the card.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Any of y'all planning any trips to Orlando later this year, Disney released the dining plan deal package today if you want to look in to it. It's not for me because I'd never eat that much food, but people seem to love it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The fire breathing dragon Maleficent float in the Magic Kingdom parade caught on fire the other day. It was pretty metal.

On fire:

The aftermath after the ears melted off. Sad dragon:

Video of the incident, when the firefighter shows up to put it out the parade music is still playing and it looks like an IRL boss fight, lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

No lie, it does sound like some kind of Kingdom Hearts boss battle lol.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That was my first thought.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wowwww I'll never unsee that

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This is the most ridiculously beautiful thing:

https://www.popsugar.com/food/Disney...r-Cup-44843765

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Disney says that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will open in Disneyland in summer of 2019, while the Orlando version at Hollywood Studios will be "late Autumn 2019".

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    This is the most ridiculously beautiful thing:

https://www.popsugar.com/food/Disney...r-Cup-44843765
    Someone in a Disneyland Facebook Group I am said their small child kept calling it "The Fisting Cup"

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Disney says that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will open in Disneyland in summer of 2019, while the Orlando version at Hollywood Studios will be "late Autumn 2019".
    The real news here honestly is that the only reason we know about Galaxy's Edge opening is because Disney recently changed the Block Out dates for Disneyland and DCA. Starting June late june, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will have different block out dates instead of having them shared. If you are Deluxe and lower, you are completely blocked out of Disneyland starting June 21st and possibly thru July, but you can still visit DCA. I believe they are also changing Deluxe so that on the Saturdays you are blocked out from Disneyland, you can go to DCA

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-this-summer/

Disneyland APs can buy up to 2 discounted park hoppers (up to 40% off)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

For the disney world experts:
    Never been there and i want to take the kids, later this summer for a week. what kind of budget should i be looking at (family of 5)? where should i be looking to stay, etc. something budget friendly dont want to break the bank on this. any help will be much appreciated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag