+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 185
  1. #61
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13,540
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    So Shanghai Disney cost overruns are going to be fucking up things for us. Disneyland always gets hosed when corporate needs to cover cost overruns.

    http://micechat.com/122782-disneyland-cutbacks/

  2. #62

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,663
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Rumors going around now that Dinsey is looking to redesign the Tower of Terror into Stark Tower and/or a Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Disneyland. Not sure how that would work on the Hollywood Studios version since I think Universal still owns the license for Marvel based theme park attractions in Orlando.

  3. #63
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,724
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Rumors going around now that Dinsey is looking to redesign the Tower of Terror into Stark Tower and/or a Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Disneyland. Not sure how that would work on the Hollywood Studios version since I think Universal still owns the license for Marvel based theme park attractions in Orlando.
    This is possible.

    Went this weekend and my brother-in-law's family got in with a relative that works at Disney. She said the employees have rumors that a marvel-themed land is going somewhere in DCA.

    It's fucking stupid though. THEY NEED TO FIX TOMORROWLAND. Put that shit in tomorrowland. If I have to try and walk down that strip one more fucking time I make just start running people over.


    At minimum they should remove the peoplemover structure. At this point it's been shutdown for like 20+ years at DL, might as well make more walking space.

  4. #64
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,119
    BG Level
    9

    I'm going to Epcot in Disney World this saturday. First time in 4 years, anything newish to look out for? Anything I might not know about that I should check out?

  5. #65

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,663
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm going to Epcot in Disney World this saturday. First time in 4 years, anything newish to look out for? Anything I might not know about that I should check out?
    The International Flower & Garden Festival is going on right now. It's worth checking out while you are there. Bring extra cash for the food samplers. More info at: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...rden-festival/

    The Maelstrom ride has been replaced with a Frozen themed ride. Not sure if it's open yet, but if it is, expect insanely long wait times for that. Soarin' has just been refurbished in the last month. Test Track has had a sponsorship change and refurbishment since you've been there last. Ride is still essentially the same, just the que looks different and new. The former Living Seas is now a Finding Nemo themed attraction. I think that's about it. Oh, you can buy shots of Jaeger in Germany if that's your thing.

  6. #66
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,119
    BG Level
    9

    Awesome, thanks for the update.

  7. #67
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,724
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The Maelstrom ride has been replaced with a Frozen themed ride.

    At first I was sad. Then I remembered the video at the end that you had to make sure to skip.

  8. #68
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,118
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Avocado. Margarita.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

  9. #69

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,663
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    The Earful Tower, centerpiece of Disney's Hollywood Studios park, has been removed to make room for the Star Wars and Pixar expansion to the park. Honestly I don't think DHS is worth the price of admission until those expansions are finished, the park is pretty bare bones at this point.

  10. #70
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13,540
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I liked it but it's a one day park. Great movie ride and Aerosmith rockin rollercoaster as well as tower of terror are worth it for a one day visit

  11. #71
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,724
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The Earful Tower, centerpiece of Disney's Hollywood Studios park.
    blasphemy

  12. #72
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,203
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    One of my mother's regular customers is a Disneyland cast member, and they had a pair of park-hopper day passes the company gave them that they had no real use for, so gave them to us back in December.
    Between the passes expiration date (well before the expansion is due), the fact of fuck summer heat and crowds, and a recent modest lotto win to cover food costs, we went yesterday.
    I actually haven't been there in over a decade, and I've never been to the California Adventure park.

    The main failing apparently is it's about a week-ish before Pirates reopens, so a whoops that she put in the day off now rather than later in the month.
    I was kinda disappointed with Soarin'. They need to reshoot it in a better resolution, make it last a little longer, and find something better than those shitty snap transitions.
    And maybe the Florida version is better, idk, but Tower of Terror here felt kinda rushed.
    I also hadn't been on Star Tours since the early 90s, my mother couldn't take it and wouldn't get on it after the first time, and I can kinda see why now. If they do move it to the new expansion, I hope they take the trouble to find a way to pump some air and AC into the box.

    And if anyone isn't getting their lunch at the Bengal Barbeque, they're a damned fool.

  13. #73
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13,540
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    One of my mother's regular customers is a Disneyland cast member, and they had a pair of park-hopper day passes the company gave them that they had no real use for, so gave them to us back in December.
    Between the passes expiration date (well before the expansion is due), the fact of fuck summer heat and crowds, and a recent modest lotto win to cover food costs, we went yesterday.
    I actually haven't been there in over a decade, and I've never been to the California Adventure park.

    The main failing apparently is it's about a week-ish before Pirates reopens, so a whoops that she put in the day off now rather than later in the month.
    I was kinda disappointed with Soarin'. They need to reshoot it in a better resolution, make it last a little longer, and find something better than those shitty snap transitions.
    And maybe the Florida version is better, idk, but Tower of Terror here felt kinda rushed.
    I also hadn't been on Star Tours since the early 90s, my mother couldn't take it and wouldn't get on it after the first time, and I can kinda see why now. If they do move it to the new expansion, I hope they take the trouble to find a way to pump some air and AC into the box.

    And if anyone isn't getting their lunch at the Bengal Barbeque, they're a damned fool.
    An updated Soarin (Soarin' around the world) opens up June 16th.

  14. #74
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3
    BG Level
    0
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

    As a Star Wars / Marvel fan, I'm excited for the changes. As a pass holder, I'm sad to see the old rides go, but I get it.

    Tower of Terror is a great example. Most kids have never seen an episode of Twilight Zone, but they know Star-Lord & Iron Man. You come out of that ride, and every kid is going to beg for Marvel merchandise in the gift shop.

  15. #75

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,663
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yoooo I'm gonna be down at Disney World on Labor Day weekend if any Orlando area BGers are up for shenanigans.

  16. #76
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,203
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    An updated Soarin (Soarin' around the world) opens up June 16th.
    Well there you go. Though my mom will care more that the California shoots will go.
    She was salty over Golden Dreams being replaced by The Little Mermaid.

  17. #77
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13,540
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Well there you go. Though my mom will care more that the California shoots will go.
    She was salty over Golden Dreams being replaced by The Little Mermaid.
    Don't remember that. I am a little salty I never got to ride the worst ride Michael Eisner ever oversaw though. Superstar Limo


  18. #78

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,663
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Shanghai Disney hasn't even officially opened yet and people are getting out videos of the new Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Looks pretty awesome if you can ignore all the people holding up their phones and random dude saying OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS AWESOME every few minutes.

  19. #79
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,724
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Disney stopped making Disney Dollars. If you have any, you should probably save them. They will probably become good collector's items now.

  20. #80
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,148
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Disney stopped making Disney Dollars. If you have any, you should probably save them. They will probably become good collector's items now.
    I suspect that this was due to people gaming the system to their advantage. Purchase Disney dollars with a credit card that earns point (such as the Disney visa card), then spend the disney dollars on something cheap and you get US currency back as change. Even though there is a limit of $50/day you can purchase with a cc it's still somewhat broken to have allowed it. It's similar to people buying $1000 with of $1 coins on their credit card to rack up points and when the coins arrive pay off the balance with it. People were getting massive amounts of airline frequent flier miles this way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag