+ Reply to Thread
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

News from TwitchCon - New features coming

http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/09/twitch...duct-round-up/

A lot of quality of life features coming. It's pretty much side-stepping the need for youtube now with better VoD organization, playlists that broadcasters can make and auto-play while you're offline or not hosting someone.

Best thing though is HTML5 finally.

Unless there's a bunch they left out really disappointed.

If you ignore contentID issues, YouTube gaming and some other players are just blowing them away in features and quality.

Considering they're still the #1 player basically being so far behind the curve is really gonna hurt them.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

it seems so simple for twitch to blow away any competition. html5 is a start.

it's just lame. frankerfaceZ offers a ton of stuff that should already be there, at least!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    If you ignore contentID issues, YouTube gaming and some other players are just blowing them away in features and quality.

Wut? I think you have it the other way around. Currently they just mute your vod for an hour or two and then the rest is unmuted. Youtube just bans you from Youtube if you play anything Nintendo related or have any kind of background music.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Wut? I think you have it the other way around. Currently they just mute your vod for an hour or two and then the rest is unmuted. Youtube just bans you from Youtube if you play anything Nintendo related or have any kind of background music.
    Hence my statement, if you ignore contentID issues.

the quality of YTs software offering is just vastly better, but their copyright issues make it useless for a lot of people. Twitch needs that quality in their product but they're not even close.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Can they just please make the fucking scroll bar on the windows thicker than a tiny hair, fuck!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

As much as I hate twitch, I don't see any serious competition against it in the foreseeable future as long as youtube contentID exists in its current form.

Hitbox has been better than twitch since it's inception and that still hasn't taken off, even after the attempted exodus following the twitch copyright/archive muting shit.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rhaine Piedough
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I was impressed with the announcements.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hitbox is going to need a console app to catch up at this point.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

EDIT: False alarm. Only was talking about the controls. Grumble Grumble.