1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Leveling crafts for a glamor item

I'm looking to start up my crafts to start working towards a long term goal of a Monstrous Moggle Mogsword glamor.

I'm totally new to crafts and I'm kinda drowning in information to figure it out. Right now it looks like a required hurdle is that I need to be able to desynth Thornmarch(Hard) weapons into Mog Demimateria myself since the weapons are untradable.

Battlecraft Materia III can be bought or desynthed from Poetics Accessories so that's easy.

The ingots can be bought easily enough, and the Kingly Whisker is obtainable from Thornmarch(Extreme) which can be finished uncapped and undersized at this point.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

That's a weird motivation behind leveling crafting jobs... You know you can just ask someone else to craft it, right? Those items are tradeable.

Thoughts after reading your post (since you didn't specifically ask a question)
    1) You might also be able to get the Mog Demimateria from desynthing the EX neckpieces, but I can't find solid proof to say that works for sure.
    2) Battlecraft Demimateria III can also be obtained from desynthing the moogle stuff, so two birds, one stone. They come from desynthing any DoW/M gear that is iLv60 or greater and added in the 2.0 series of patches, or iLv160 or greater and added during 3.0, so the places you can get it from are myriad.
    3) You mentioned you could buy the Battlecraft Demi 3s... well by that logic, you could buy all of the ingredients, or even the final product itself.
    4) I am told, but have not personally confirmed, that the Kingly Whisker (and all other EX drops used for glamour/furnishing/barding) don't drop if you do it uncapped, which is the main reason why the whisker is so damn expensive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1. Yes ribbons have a chance of materia
    2. Demimateria should be going near npc price so not much.
    3. Same as above, should buy it.
    4. Has to be capped since it's a drop off the boss itself.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, this plan is kind of like saying, "I'd like to learn how to make my own carbon fiber so I can make a carbon fiber body kit for the Ferrari I'm going to get." Notwithstanding the fact that you can just buy carbon fiber body kits, you should probably focus on getting the Ferrari first.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As long as you can get the materials, find a friend who is 'geared' with basic lvl 60 stuff. Old synths are a complete joke now. Made old 110 pieces hq following an older rotation I used and before I could select Blessing, it was 100% hq

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, I know that it's all buyable. I'm just reading a lot of posts about how leveling crafting is kinda pointless and wanted to give myself a goal to work towards. I think I'm just going to have a FC mate craft it and slow grow my crafts then.

I got a small windfall from going through the MSQ of HW, but it's not enough to buy the sword outright. I guess I'll just start running Thornmarch(Extreme) in DF and hope to Oschon I win the drop.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well gl but I got to warn you ahead of time, DF probably wont be able to beat it and the queue will be insanely long plus the drop rate is like 1% lol. The only way you will realistically get it is to make a farm party and just go at it for a few hours a day.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You should really just buy the whisker.

It's probably going to take a while to find a group capable of beating Mog EX consistently at 50, and even after you get to that point, the drop rate is not good and your chances of actually getting the whisker is 1/8th of that drop rate. I know the whiskers aren't cheap, but they are basically lottery ticket status at the point; I wouldn't farm Mog EX for (personal) whiskers any more than I would try to farm the state lottery.

I just realized how retarded it is that undersized party and unsynced party aren't separate options.

If you got a group of 5 or 6 people to farm Mog EX for the whisker you're fucked because you can't enter with less than 8 and still be synced to 50 for the drop.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess that's the case if you're a sociopath, but if not, it shouldn't be too hard to get 2 extra people to queue with you and then immediately drop.

Every time you have to enter, because that's not an annoying pain in the ass?

demimogs materias are around to 200k on hyperion.. and the whisker... well that shit is off the charts atm, glad I made mine a long ass time ago, lol.

TC you can totally trade the weapons/materias/materials needed to craft them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    demimogs materias are around to 200k on hyperion..
    What the fuuuuuuuuuuck? They aren't even hard to get...

I'm gonna have to check my server tonight, sounds like easy money. I had like 30 of 'em going into 3.0 just from light farming.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Kingly is like 15-20M on Excal.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yup, got 3 on excal when they were 1 mil loool, saw that drought coming.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Right now the HQ sword itself is selling for like 10-12M on Gilgamesh. I have no clue how much a NQ goes for since they never seem to be up. Not sure how much the ingredients are going for either.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Right now the HQ sword itself is selling for like 10-12M on Gilgamesh. I have no clue how much a NQ goes for since they never seem to be up. Not sure how much the ingredients are going for either.
    One would assume the price isn't any different, since it basically has no purpose other than glamour.

I've heard people say they got whiskers from quick ventures.. but thousands of thousands that I haven't spent haven't got one. I think they are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    I've heard people say they got whiskers from quick ventures.. but thousands of thousands that I haven't spent haven't got one. I think they are lying.
    They arent, quick V´s just seem to hate most of us.. or any ventures regarding RNG. Awhile back I got the inferno horn and the inferno lamp (HQ version, w/e its name is), but that was like a 1/1000000 chance and its never happened again, xD

The real question to me is, does having your retainer above or below the ilevel cap to receive "rare" items help?

In other words, when you got the inferno item was it "an item most rare"?