• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2015-16 NFL Week 4: This! Field! Is On FIIIIRRRREEEE!

gg, STL

Last week:

M/L: 14-2
    ATS: 10-6

Overall:

M/L: 30-18
    ATS: 28-19-1

BYE WEEK: New England, Tennessee

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1ST

8:25pm EDT, CBS/NFL Network

Baltimore at Pittsburgh (+2.5) - There is one player on Baltimore worth a damn this season, and his name is Steve Smith Senior. The 36-year-old totaled 186 yards from scrimmage last week against Cincy, and the rest of the Ravens managed just 212 yards. We know Flacco and Forsett can succeed given the right circumstances, and Crockett Gillmore looks like a fine young tight end, but what happened? Oh, right, the TRASHMAN happened. Pittsburgh slumped its way through a tough road win in St. Louis but lost Large Ben for at least four weeks. With a short week to prepare how will Mike Vick run the offense? Probably by dancing around and chucking it to Antonio Brown. Vick says this is probably his last shot in the NFL, and as a result he plans to "play freely." If that means too much scrambling then CJ Mosley might put the Stone Cold Stunner on him and then it will definitely be his last shot in the NFL. This will probably be an ugly, sloppy game, but with the weapons around him I like Vick to at least tread water. Steelers in the upset.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4TH

9:30am EDT, CBS

NY Jets vs Miami (+1.5) in London -

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    wow I cant believe we are going to get a Jets Seahawks superbowl. some absolute dream matchups including Kam vs Gmarsh, Russ vs Gmarsh, Marshawn vs Gmarsh
    Cant believe we are getting a Cardinals v Jets Superbowl. Wow Arians vs Bowles. Student vs the master. Gerald Fitzlarry vs Patrick Fitzryan
    cant believe we are getting a jets packers superbowl
    Can't believe we are getting a Bears Jets Super Bowl
    I hope you do this for every NFC team, broven. The Dolphins have scored 51 points in their three games so far, which is 27th in the NFL, and their defense only has two takeaways. The lack of big play ability has really hurt Miami, who looked overmatched by Tyrod Taylor, Karlos Williams, and a punishing Buffalo defense. You know who's tired of waiting?

Jets win and cover.

1:00pm EDT, CBS

Jacksonville at Indianapolis (-9) - I know the Jags got curb-stomped by New England last week, but the first half wasn't as bad as it seems. It was only 13-3 when Bortles was running the four-minute offense, and an ill-advised pick gave Brady the ball with 1:47 left in the half. Of course they punch it in, then score 10 quick points to start the 3rd quarter, and that was all she wrote. I still think Jacksonville is a better team this year. Down 13 points in the 4th quarter in Tennessee, Andrew Luck engineered a 12-play, 98-yard touchdown drive to kick off a dramatic comeback win that Indianapolis desperately needed. They'll probably still win the division, but it was another multiple turnover day for Luck as he put his team in a big hole. Thanks to a soft schedule the next two weeks, they'll probably host New England with a winning record just so NBC can say "HEY LOOK AT THIS SUPER IMPORTANT RIVALRY GAME" before the Pats obliterate them. At least Al Michaels will keep me up to date on the point spread. Colts win, Jaguars with the points.

Oakland at Chicago (+3) - Well, it's finally happened. The Raiders are good, y'all. Now I know beating Cleland isn't impressive by itself, but they look pretty potent on offense. Derek Carr, Latavius Murray, and Amari Cooper are legitimate threats and remind me of a poor man's Roethlisberger, Bell, and Brown. The defense is a work in progress but Khalil Mack is still adjusting to the NFL and could be a lethal pass rusher. But how far have the Bears fallen where they're home dogs to Oakland? For all you need to know about the John Fox Bears, click here. Raiders win and cover.

Houston at Atlanta (-6.5) - I'm glad the Texans won on Sunday. After watching Hard Knocks this year, they all seem like really nice guys who try their best and enjoy the game of football. That doesn't make them a particularly good team, and only beating Tampa by 10 illustrates that point. But they probably get Arian Foster back this week, so there's still room for growth this season. At the end of last week's thread Moss linked us this article that illustrates just how much Julio Jones owns bones. There's stats, gifs, and a splendid narrative on my favorite footballer right now. Check it out. I think as a whole Atlanta is playing a little over its head, and the 1st half against Dallas looks worrisome for the defense. But I still like the matchups for them here. Falcons win, Texans with the points.

Kansas City at Cincinnati (-4) -

ALEX SMITH FINALLY THREW A TOUCHDOWN PASS TO A WIDE RECEIVER

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I'm not surprised that KC is 1-2 at this point. Losing to Denver and Green Bay is nothing to be ashamed of, and I still like them for a playoff spot. Unfortunately things don't get easier in Cincy this week. The good news is even Baltimore could move the ball against them, so hopefully Smith, Charles, and company and keep it close and hope for Bad Dalton to show up. I'm sure there's someone out there in fantasy land who had Julio Jones and AJ Green on their teams or in illegal online gambling completely legitimate daily leagues. I hope you had RedZone and a box of Kleenex handy on Sunday because it was a thing of beauty watching the Christmas Connection destroy the Ravens secondary. Is it safe to say that Jeremy TRILL and GIODUDE are in a share now? I think that's the right move long-term. Following Big Ben's injury I like Cincy to run away with the AFC North, but this one will be tight. Bengals win, Chiefs with the points.

1:00pm EDT, FOX

NY Giants at Buffalo (-5.5) - Eli, your thoughts on having to face the Bills defense this week?

Thanks, Eli. The G-Men tried to find some balance against Washington, running 31 times for a TRENT-like 2.7 yards per carry. Just chuck it deep to Ol' Dirty Beckham, son! Shady McCoy is nursing a hammy, but FSU rookie Karlos Williams looks pretty good in the feature back role. And Tyrod Taylor is 5th in the NFL in passer rating at 116.1 and I have no fucking clue how that happened. I'm still not entirely buying their offense but if they keep scoring like this I guess I'll have to, right? Bills win and cover.

Carolina at Tampa Bay (+3) - Carolina is a weird team, man. They win a decent amount of games, the go to the playoffs every so often, and they have one of the premier talents in the league at quarterback. But they've played three inferior teams and let them hang around all day just begging to be upset. To make matters worse, Luke KEEKLEE still isn't practicing, meaning he might have a really bad case of hot brain. I think they trend downward in a big way after this week, but they still have plenty in the tank to beat Tampa. The Bucs actually haven't looked too terrible, with Lavonte David single-handedly trying to keep their defense afloat. With Jameis "FHRITP" Winston still figuring things out, like "how to throw to Vincent Jackson sometimes," it'll be along road to a winning season. Panthers win and cover.

Philadelphia at Washington (+3) - Philly won last week, so of course EAGLES GOIN TO DA SUPA BOWEL. Seriously though, Ryan Mathews took control of the offense and took the pressure off Sam Bradford, who still only managed to complete 50% of his passes. With every game that passes I think Chip Kelly is turning into Steve Spurrier, he's just out of ideas. At least he can land at a Pac-12 also-ran and ride out his golden years making bank. The Redskins lost on Thursday night because Kirk Cousins loves throwing picks to the Giants. With a long week to prepare and hopefully a little more help from The Butler and Matt Jones, I actually think they can hang around with Philly. I don't know the last time I picked Washington to actually win a football game, but fuck it, Redskins in the upset.

4:05pm EDT, CBS

Cleveland at San Diego (-7.5) - Trent Dilfer says that Johnny Manziel is too immature to start in the NFL. What Dilfer fails to mention is that Josh McCown fucking sucks too much to start in the NFL. Well, it's not all on him. Cleland isn't getting any help from the run game as Crowell and Johnson only had 39 yards on the ground against Oakland. But you have McCown under center and teams stack the box on early downs. Shocking, I know. Speaking of shitty quarterbacks, we had a Kellen Clemens sighting in Minnesota last week, as he threw a touchdown in relief of Felipe Rios after the game was out of hand. No matter who's under center, Keenan Allen is getting the ball, as he's fourth in the league in targets. Look for him to abuse Cleland's lackluster non-Joe Haden defenders in a big way. Chargers win and cover.

4:25pm EDT, FOX

Green Bay at San Francisco (+8.5) - Aaron Rodgers is literally in a class by himself when it comes to passing. Don't believe me, believe all of archi's posts. What's impressed me more is Green Bay's defense, who sacked Alex Smith seven times on Monday night. Yeah, everyone on BG picks them to win the NFC most years, but there's a good reason for it.

No, that's not the same play twice. They were pass attempts #1 and #4 for Colin KaeperPick last week in Arizona. Remember when San Fran beat Minnesota and people thought they might actually be decent? WELP. Packers win and cover.

St. Louis at Arizona (-7) - Speaking of a "remember when in week 1" moment, the Rams have shit the bed twice since taking down Seattle. They managed just 258 yards of offense at home against Pittsburgh, and Todd Gurley hit the ground with a thud with 6 carries for 9 yards. That won't get it done against Arizona, who looks like the real team to beat in the NFC West. I thought they were just lucky last year before Palmer's injury, but they are a legit Super Bowl threat. Their offensive line is doing a fine job protecting Palmer and even made CJ0K look half decent last week. If they stay healthy, the sky's the limit. Cardinals win and cover.

Minnesota at Denver (-6.5) - Derock declared the Vikings the worst team ever after week 1, and they've rattled off two good home wins. They're one of the stingiest teams in league, allowing only 50 points so far, and Everson Griffen is picking up where he left off with 3 sacks this season after a career high of 12 in 2014. Gary Kubiak and Peyton Manning took a page from some college offenses are employed the pistol formation quite a bit last week. It didn't help the run game at all, but Manning looked comfortable throwing to the tune of 324 yards, 2 TDs, and a 101.7 passer rating. Every time one of you jerks says "LOL PEYTON'S DONE" he just keeps throwing more planet-destroying bombs to DEMARYIUS. And that defense is still fucking sick nasty. Broncos win and cover.

8:30pm EDT, NBC

Dallas at New Orleans (-4) -

lol

Cowboys in the upset.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 5TH

8:30pm EDT, ESPN

Detroit at Seattle (-10) - Last year I was impressed with how Jim Caldwell and Teryl Austin turned Detroit's defense into their strength. That's still the case, but this year it's by default since their offense is so putrid. They've scored 28 points in their last two games combined, and Fatt Stafford had three turnovers last week against Denver. And Seattle is not the place where you find offensive rhythm. The Seachickens got Kam Chancellor back and summarily crushed the Bears, even sitting Marshawn Lynch with a minor injury in favor of Thomas "Lou" Rawls who scampered for 104 yards rushing. The offense needs some fine tuning but they need this win with the mighty Bengals up next week. Seahawks win, Lions with the points.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

At least the vikings insured in week 1 that the niners won't go 0-16 like I was fearing.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I know what's going to happen in SF. The niners are going to completely give up on Kaepernick the passer and he's going to black QB the shit out of us.

Help us Clay Matthews, you're our only hope.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

CLAY MATTHEWS WILL RIP OUT SACKORPICK'S SPINE AND SKULL, CLEAN IT OFF AND ADD IT TO HIS TROPHY CASE.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I know what's going to happen in SF. The niners are going to completely give up on Kaepernick the passer and he's going to black QB the shit out of us.

#7tormsComing

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I feel like the weeden vs mccown bowl in prime time should have gotten more analysis.

lol.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

But really, how are we underdogs to an 0-3 team lol. I guess cuz they're home?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

NO loves to lose at home. Let the Weedening continue.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    But really, how are we underdogs to an 0-3 team lol. I guess cuz they're home?
    Because Brees is looking likely to play.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Houston at Atlanta (-6.5) - I'm glad the Texans won on Sunday. After watching Hard Knocks this year, they all seem like really nice guys who try their best and enjoy the game of football. That doesn't make them a particularly good team, and only beating Tampa by 10 illustrates that point. But they probably get Arian Foster back this week, so there's still room for growth this season. At the end of last week's thread Moss linked us this article that illustrates just how much Julio Jones owns bones. There's stats, gifs, and a splendid narrative on my favorite footballer right now. Check it out. I think as a whole Atlanta is playing a little over its head, and the 1st half against Dallas looks worrisome for the defense. But I still like the matchups for them here. Falcons win, Texans with the points..
    I'm with you - 3-0 is great but 2 wins were very close and the 3rd required a big comeback against WEEDEN. This is all with JULIO going bonkers. I'm more bullish on the offense than I have been in a while, as the oline appears to be creeping toward respectability. The defense still lacks any top-shelf talent after Desmond Trufant and Vic Beasley, but we at last picked up some solid players in FA. Top 5-8 offense and top 20 defense should be enough for the division. Too bad Carolina couldn't blow that game to the Fightin McCowns.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

chip kelly for president

dram tram

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

CAWWW!!!

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

btw if i don't post this weekend it means hurricane joaquin phoenix killed me and i want you all to avenge my death

also i never liked you

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Because Brees is looking likely to play.
    Didn't they look like trash with him in? Anyways, would you risk potential career ending injury to rush Brees back to an 0-3 team slated to play against the romoless cowboys? From what I heard mccown played well too.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    btw if i don't post this weekend it means hurricane joaquin phoenix killed me and i want you all to avenge my death

also i never liked you
    I will revenge you but shouting at the weather from my lawn, you're welcome

When Rdubs actually started running he was shattering niggas in GB but Rdubs throws a millions times better than cape

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Didn't they look like trash with him in? Anyways, would you risk potential career ending injury to rush Brees back to an 0-3 team slated to play against the romoless cowboys? From what I heard mccown played well too.
    Why would a bruised muscle be potential career ending? Afaik it's not torn even in the slightest

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    When Rdubs actually started running he was shattering niggas in GB but Rdubs throws a millions times better than cape
    The Packers know how to set the edge, but it usually takes about a quarter and a half of getting gashed by the read option before Dom Capers wakes from his nap and tells them to do it.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    Why would a bruised muscle be potential career ending? Afaik it's not torn even in the slightest
    Considering it's his throwing arm AND he's had surgery on it previously, I'd be just a little hesitant to ensure that he's completely 100% is all. It's an injury that kept him out the week, so there might be some risk to further damaging it or he was completely ineffective at practice.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Checking in

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast