1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 7 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    In a game where Fishing is endgame and glamour is king. Owning a fleet is pretty fucking baller.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    What's the point of anything, man?
    The more I play XIV the more this question comes up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

"How dead is your server?" - Dead as fuck

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Probably less than you'd like unless you were really confident you'll never come back to the game. Having a lot of classes leveled and geared isn't rare and this game lacks super rare/unique items to add real value to an account. I'm probably wrong though, because I wouldn't be surprised if there's some idiot willing to fork over thousands for an account that is overpriced.
    Well a Legacy account is still worth some $$$ for the sub price

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dead, real dead, like Carth's raid group dead.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Well a Legacy account is still worth some $$$ for the sub price
    Yeah that's true, but there are a lot of legacy accounts floating around out there. I was referring more to items like mythics/relics in XI and other rare gear. Gear that XIV severely lacks. Hell, leveled crafts in this game aren't nearly as valuable as they could be.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    "How dead is your server?" - Dead as fuck
    ^

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Dead, real dead, like Carth's raid group dead.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Chocobo (where my main is) seems to be..holding. Sargatanas (one of my alts) I seen a huge decline but the usual OMNICRAFTER LOOKING TO RIP YOU OFF!, SAVAGE SEEKING BRD/MCH! PFs and such, but it's as usual crowded in GoblinShire. Static wise though, I'd say across the board on the servers I play has been blowing up/dropping quite nicely after knowing we have 2 months till more content. You're right though, A3S is pretty much the t8 of this generation where it's making or breaking groups. (Yes T8 wasnt hard but 7 was even easier.)

I BELIEVE the main thing about Gilgamesh is the fact it's one of the unofficial RP servers due to Balmung always being full, so people seem to go there for a "fresh perspective"...I mean if you're going there to raid I pity you.
    you are in chocobo? wats ur ign

Also chocobo is more than holding lol i got my 2nd clear for my mule alex savage turn 4 in pugs 2 weeks a row now, i think its awesome still

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Spuki Bugi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Balmung is pretty lively, probably the highest population server I've been on.
    Spoiler: show
    Too bad the Party Finder is pretty dead during early EU hours...

I just want to say, you know people from FFXIV are leaving the game because when I log into Wildstar people are calling the 5 man dungeons "raids".

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Isn't that a wow thing? WoW people call everything raids in my experience, it took me a long time to stop calling things "instances" or "BCNMs".

There were a lot of WoW people before, their recent patch/expansion was having people try the game out before F2P and I never saw it until now really.

I mean, they are literally called Veteran Dungeons lol. Just a joke regardless.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Just a joke regardless.
    just like xiv raids amirite

lol.

Well technically, the closest thing FFXIV has to a raid is the Crystal Tower stuff. By that definition, then yes, most definitely. Coil and Alex are more similar to what Darnus was in 1.0, which I would have never called a raid.

I don't think anyone would were they not officially designated "raids" by the devs.

They're boss fights, sometimes with pointless trash.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't think anyone would were they not officially designated "raids" by the devs.

They're boss fights, sometimes with pointless trash.
    The trash isn't exactly pointless. It's there to waste your time and force you to contemplate why you still play this game.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Athelisia Lumi
    FFXIV Server
    Shiva

Shiva is declining slowly. The end game raid scene seems to get smaller and smaller each time I resub, with most people transferring onto bigger servers to find a group.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I give this game about a year before it deteriorates to the state that FFXI is in right now. FFXIV is officially on life support.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm actually frightened of how much I'm counting on airship exploration to save the game. If it sucks, I honestly can't think of a reason to continue logging in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I give this game about a year before it deteriorates to the state that FFXI is in right now. FFXIV is officially on life support.
    I give it about a year until they lose enough subs that Yoshi-P gets his head of out his ass in designing super grind content (i.e, red scripts) and savage for the 1% and goes back to the 2.0 model of being more flexible. It will take him losing enough subs that he can no longer say "5 million active players" (which I think is bullshit anyways even though the 3.1 trailer stated that also.... people have been dropping like fly's since 3.0 and I highly doubt they are getting the amount of people they used to.

I know people are getting burnt out because completionists have a hell of a weekly grind each week: (1) eso, (2) red crafting scripts, (3) red gathering scripts, (4) TT tournies, (5) savage. and then in 3.1 you can add in (6) Pokemon Tournies to weekly (7) Crystal Tower 2.0, (8) Dailies (albit temporary unless they are really stupid and make them like ixal). All that stuff will have a weekly grind attached. Thats a LOT of shit to do each week/every other week when your already getting burnt out.

A successful mmo imo gives you a reason to log in a bunch each week, but also lets you take a few days off w/o feeling like you will fall behind