1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -6 hours, -27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 15 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

"5 million active players"
    It's not 5 million active players but that's what they want you to think. It's 5 million registered accounts (people who have paid for FFXIV). The game probably has (or had) between 500k and 750k including Asia regions.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    savage for the 1%
    lol.

When does the Occupy Eorzea movement start? We are the 99%.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    (8) Dailies (albit temporary unless they are really stupid and make them like ixal).
    What's wrong with Ixal Dailies? I just started them up 1 week ago today and I'll ding the rank just above trusted tomorrow. Even with 12 allowances a day to spend it doesn't take more than 20 minutes to bang out all thew quests. Granted I'm a little behind since I was unsubbed at the time Ixal were released. But even at 50 I can't seem them being that hard. Everything in these quests is super low level crafting. Even the highest beastman tribe crafted items I haven't gotten to yet don't go any higher than LVL. 18, lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    What's wrong with Ixal Dailies?
    Having to do them every single day for months for the Ecatl sealants to craft the new-best crafting stuff before SE nerfed the amount needed to buy them with.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Having to do them every single day for months for the Ecatl sealants to craft the new-best crafting stuff before SE nerfed the amount needed to buy them with.
    What, the "Deliverance" quest? For Moonstones? Make 3 crappy items a day... 5 minutes gone... Dear God NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Little did we know they were just demo-ing the red scrip concept.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    What, the "Deliverance" quest? For Moonstones? Make 3 crappy items a day... 5 minutes gone... Dear God NO!!!!
    You don't get oaknots from Deliverance, only worthless Moonstones (that you can buy with GC seals anyway).

If you want sealants, you have to do the actual quests that require you to run out to Mor Dhona/Dragonhead and mine/log/fish or kill morbols or click pots in Natalan or kill will-o-wisps at the north pole, then go back to town and craft items with either half your CP missing or all your cross-classes missing. (Hope you have CUL leveled!) Don't forget to click off your -50% CP debuff if you're doing a synth that applies the no-cross-class debuff (or the duplicate 150CP limit debuff), or you'll have no chance of completion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Little did we know they were just demo-ing the red scrip concept.
    I would of preferred dailies over red scripts. Red scripts are the worst thing in this game.. At least you could do dailies every other day at your own time slot instead of waiting for nodes or the RNG red craft you want to do for the week.

I'd take a weekly obligation over a daily one any...day.

That said I have gathered 0 red scrips to date, because fuck that, both systems are awful on top of crafting being pointless, etc.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have no idea why an item with a weekly limit also needs time-limited spawns.

So stupid.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I much prefer weekly as well. The grind for red scripts is just so insanely pointless I refuse to do it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    It's not 5 million active players but that's what they want you to think. It's 5 million registered accounts (people who have paid for FFXIV). The game probably has (or had) between 500k and 750k including Asia regions.
    Maybe, although lodestone scans show that there were over 800k active characters back in August. The scan looked at changes to minions and gear over a given period to determine which characters had been active. Given the fact that alts have always been relatively useless in FFXIV (and the low number of players that actually do endgame raids where alts might help), it's probably safe to assume these are fairly accurate numbers. And they don't include Chinese or Korean players.

August 9th, 2015: 824,000 active characters across all servers NA/EU/JP http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/archives/45050121.html
    April 2015: 730,000 active characters http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/archives/43689452.html
    December 2014: 574,000 active characters http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/archives/41962303.html
    September 2014: 650,000 active characters http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/archives/40214066.html

I would be surprised if there has been a significant dip in active characters compared to similar dips during other patches. I guess we'll find out when the next set of scan data is released sometime after patch 3.1.

Also, many MMOs don't release actual subscriber numbers. The number of accounts created or accounts that have at some point had a subscription is the one that is the easiest to compare between games. WoW used the "over 100 million" accounts created figure for a while and they chose to include free trial accounts, which FFXIV doesn't. Now that WoW's actual subscribers are down to 5.5 million they've also opted to no longer release subscriber numbers.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It failed in China, so I don't think chinese numbers would matter unless they're desperate to try to make this game seem more popular than it truly is. Honestly I think they're too scared to release XIV's actual numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if there's bigger dips now that people (who actually cares for content) realized 3.0 did nothing new and throw in the fact there's been a 5 month lull in the update cycle, it should technically be larger drop offs if you've been concurrent rather than just joining.

As for Korea...I think unlike NA/EU, Japan, China and Korea are far less likely to take your BS when it comes to MMOs. China in particular because they already have (had?) limits naturally imposed on them, then XIV coming with its own set of limitations ontop of that is like why even bother? Korea loves its grinds so when they beat (yes beat) XIV in a week or two they'll move on fairly quickly xD.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Korea had i100 gear before coil even came out so I'm sure most of them are bored out of their minds since T5 is no challenge above i90.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6