Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (PS4/Vita) - Oct 28 (JP) | Nov 8 (NA)

Spoiler: show

The game is set in a new virtual reality MMORPG called “Sword Art: Origin.” The servers of the death game “Sword Art Online” are the base of this new game, and its setup served as research and development. In this virtual reality MMORPG that resembles past events, Kirito receives a single message. But what that means is still a mystery.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/10/sword-art...ed-ps4-ps-vita
    http://www.sony.jp/playstation/store...l/ps4/sao-gde/

Release date: 2016 (JP/NA/EU)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

played them all and plat'd Lost Song (Asia version) so getting it day 1 regardless. graphics look better at least, hope its as deep as HF was.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How good was Lost Song? Still on the fence about it.

I like HF so far, and I'm playing the Engrish version.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

its not nearly as deep as hallowed fragment, but its more action based and abilities are limited by MP. its not nearly as CS heavy as HF either, but what is there is good. I enjoyed it, and it was an easily plat. while some stuff you have to hardcore grind out (like to max all abilities for one character), you can just afk overnight in a high lv spot and the AI will kill shit for you and level up lol

graphics are meh aside character models and they re use boss models left and right (which is sad). the MP stuff is good and some of those fights are really difficult even w/ a full PC party

if you can look past the bland world, the small hub town, and the re used boss models, its pretty fun and i enjoyed it.
    Asuna and Rain are OP though lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Also Heading West in 2016, Japanese Audio only

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

That's a fast turn around for making it West. Maybe I wont need to import the Asia version this time around

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They are really pushing out SAO games non stop it feels like. I still need to try the newest one someday.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I really hope it has decent amount of content cause that was main thing lacking with Lost Song IMO. The game was great, just that there wasn't much to do and stuff compared to HF. Regardless, just like with lost song, I'll play it regardless and enjoy it still. Would be nice if online has more use this time around as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

In terms of content and depth, Hallow Fragment takes the cake. It was just boggled down with a bunch of poor choices and the relationship system that was so thin it didn't have a place in the game. But it was a fun game. If this takes after that, and the combat system is as good as the little snippets we have seen, then I can hope its the best SAO game yet.

Also found it interesting that Kirito only has a single sword in the trailer.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hmm, I don't know if the Re version of HF was too different but I honestly couldn't get into that game at all.
    Lost Song apparently wasn't as content rich but it was just 30x more fun. Dunno how to feel about this new game. Looking at the way you just "snap" to the enemies really reminds me of HF and... not sure I want that.

Also, losing flight is just no good after it was so fun flying around smacking stuff in LS.
    Definitely spoiled me.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I prefer Lost Song's combat myself, but there are few things I prefer from HF over LS. The main thing being is that each weapon had its own OSS system that you could create on your own, there's only 4 OSS in LS, and its strictly based off character this time around. HF also had much larger variety of skills, both weapons and battle skills, though only a handful were generally useful, I'd say it had about at least a good 15-20 useful ones. Although you were mainly using the same OSS for each weapon, that OSS at least consisted of anywhere between 6-12 sword kills, most opted for 7-10ish in PS4 version. While LS didn't have much buff/debuff wise, the very little they did have were actually all pretty, mainly elem/magia/deb down/atk buff.

I'm definitely gonna miss flight for sure, even though I sucked at the flight controls, it was still pretty legit and the whole dashing flying stun mechanic in union.

The main difference between HF/LS I feel is the different developers for each game which is why they're very different.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This game actually looks pretty fun, and there seems to be some good praise for the last couple games too! Any idea when it's supposed to be released in the west yet? Or has that not been revealed so far? (outside of "sometime in 2016" obviously)

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So talking to a guy who played this at AX, apparently it's like FF14 meets Monster Hunter, up to 4 player teams and each player can bring 3 NPCs. UI looks very FF14 too:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It looks like they took Hallowed Fragment and built a new game around that. It has the same town, looks like the same dating sim mechanics. I really dont have any complaints about that as Hallowed Fragment, for what it was, was a really ambitious game that could never live up to what they tried to accomplish. This may have a chance

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

OP

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Japanese Day One Patch censors Bathing Scene with Kirito & Kizmel, No word on NA censorship

Original
    Register to see the NSFW content

Fixed

Manga (Progressive v2)
    Register to see the NSFW content

Manga (Progressive v3)

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/...day-one-patch/ | http://yukarigame.net/archives/hr-sao-kizumerucg.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe, the premiere publisher of anime video games, is releasing today Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and PlayStation Vita handheld system in Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Australasia. Based on the worldwide hit Sword Art Online franchise and with an original story supervised by Reki Kawahara, players will assume the role of Kirito to explore the world of Ainground in the most immersive single player MMO-like experience ever created.

2026. A new VRMMORPG has emerged: Sword Art: Origin. In this familiar world, in which he was once trapped, Kirito meets a mysterious NPC, Premiere, and receives a cryptic message: “I am back in Aincrad”. Taking the role of Kirito, players will enter the massive expansive world of Ainground to unravel this mystery. First of all, thanks to the advanced Avatar Customization system, players will personalize their avatar: name, gender, weapons and physical appearance, from the eyes’ color to the sound of the voice!

As players start this new adventure, they will have to assemble a party of characters to command and collaborate with during fierce battles. Famous Sword Art Online characters will join them such as Asuna, Silica, Sinon, Leafa and much more as well as more than 300 NPCs to interact with, peopling this new virtual world. For even more fun, players will be able to enjoy the game with 3 other players in an exclusive Multiplayer Mode providing a never-seen-before experience in the Sword Art Online universe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I picked it up and played for a little bit yesterday. Its basically Hallow Fragment redone for the PS4 and smoother/refined combat. But same affection system, same way you pick up quests, same basic town structure, same upgrade features, etc..

I liked Hallowed Fragment so don't mind this, just giving other people heads up.

Oh yeah, the accuracy stat is no more (thank god)

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Enjoying it so far. As you said, its basically a better hollow fragment. Unlocked multiplayer earlier today so hoping to try that out some, though I imagine most still don't have it unlocked due to having to beat the first raid boss to unlock it.