Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I can verify that obtaining atma of the master crafter does NOT give a vorseal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have killed approximately 10,000 Eschan monsters and just unlocked HP/MP Vorseal #7. IIRC #6 was at 5,000 Eschan monsters.

Campaign
    BG Level

Can't find Nivlakian's post, but didn't he say he unlocked #7 at around 9k killed mobs?
    Anybody tested if NMs count for that as well?
    I had only 6 unlocked and the other day after a volley of NMs I unlocked #7. I don't seem to recall killing any normal mobs during that day but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    I think there's more requirements than just level 30 in Monstrosity for one of the Magic Acc ones
    I had NEVER touched Monstrosity. I had just unlocked the thing since it was necessary for Vagary, but nothing else.
    I levelled Mandragora until level 30, unlocked Sabotender and the Vorseal appeared.
    Didn't do anything else in Monstrosity other than spending some points to unlock "job traits".

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    might be going too deep with this, since there is definitely a pattern to the quests.

[cut]
    I think you're right.
    As far as I can remember there is no end game activity involved whatsoever in Vorseals so far (aside from the "new" ones which are tied to current and new endgame content like killing NMs in Escha, of course).
    This makes me believe it's highly unlikely they bound 1 or 2 vorseals behind what was endgame content during the level 99 era.
    Your post makes me strongly believe it has to be some other activity tied to quests or some side content like that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I had killed 9.75k mobs via "defeats the Eschan" in their death message when I checked, which was probably within 200 kills of when the vorseal opened. Given NMs, "falls to the ground" and so forth, I bet I was passing the 10,000 mark.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The beastman hat quest was kind of off the wall for providing a vorseal. So I got to thinking, what about making Lu Shangs, Ebisu, or Black Belt?

Campaign
    BG Level

I've got black belt, can check my vorseals and compare them to someone who doesn't. I'm a bit skeptic, being that a one job specific item involving drops from what originally were end-game monsters. (can't say the same about the hat thing, granted that you probably couldn't solo that either at level 75)
    Lu Shang and Ebisu are could possibly be tied to either atk/ratk or acc/racc vorseals, but I'm skeptic as well.
    Compared to the other vorseals requirements it seems like a pretty demanding one, especially Ebisu.

Haven't all Vorseals requirements so far being pretty simple things like participating in this or that non-endgame content, doing a certain group of quests or specific quests, completing certain missions and stuff like that?
    Big jump from that to something like Ebisu.
    I think vm0d got a good hint when he claimed that it's gotta be something non end-game related (aside from the ones coming from current content obviously).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Some other possibilities for vorseals I can think of are getting Captain rank in ToAU, and completing Voidwatch quest after defeating Provenance Watcher.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

One more I can think of is the mission that ends the combined RoTZ and CoP: The Last Verse.

Campaign
    BG Level

Good ones, worth checking. Especially the Captain one and the RotZ/CoP one.
    Alas I have all of these done (and still missing 1 atk/ratk and 1 acc/racc)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I had killed 9.75k mobs via "defeats the Eschan" in their death message when I checked, which was probably within 200 kills of when the vorseal opened. Given NMs, "falls to the ground" and so forth, I bet I was passing the 10,000 mark.
    Few weeks ago my main got 7 while mules were 6 (9022, 7929 & 8182 Eschan mob kills). No clue if NMs count. I can check to see my mule kill numbers tonight when I get home.

NMs most definitely do count, as I unlocked an HP/MP after killing one one time.
    So that's nice that they do.
    So I believe it's just any monster in an Eschan zone.

Real question would be is if those mission NMs counted.

EDIT: Given the blatant pattern (1*10^n, 5*10^n), I honestly don't recall if I had HP/MP before doing anything in Escha Zi'tah... I want to say I didn't.
    But it was a while ago.
    Wouldn't then that the first two ranks of HP/MP be rewarded after 10 and 50 kills?
    Or did I always have them cause they came from somewhere else?

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

vorseals available to my cooking mule
    completed obj1 missions: (all) sandy (acc/eva), bastok (def), windy (atk/ratk), cop (m?), toau (m?), wotg (m?)
    completed obj2 missions: windy_s (atk/ratk)
    completed quests: Hypnotic Hospitality (def), Beyond Infinity (mdef)
    this reinforces my belief that one atk/ratk and one mdef objective are QOL quests such as mog safe, gobbie bag, or mh exit quests.
    Spoiler: show

edit: as a side note, i just checked and she has cleared apoc nigh

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    NMs most definitely do count, as I unlocked an HP/MP after killing one one time.
    So that's nice that they do.
    So I believe it's just any monster in an Eschan zone.

Real question would be is if those mission NMs counted.

EDIT: Given the blatant pattern (1*10^n, 5*10^n), I honestly don't recall if I had HP/MP before doing anything in Escha Zi'tah... I want to say I didn't.
    But it was a while ago.
    Wouldn't then that the first two ranks of HP/MP be rewarded after 10 and 50 kills?
    Or did I always have them cause they came from somewhere else?
    you have to get 10 silts to be able to talk to the KI NPCs, and mobs that give <100xp give 0silt. so before you even got to the vorseal purchase menu, you most likely had killed 50 mobs.

additionally, are you suggesting that 8th unlock comes from 50k kills? seems about right.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i would like to try to disprove pankration being an objective, so if anyone has done pankration and has official reflector of some lv (maybe 25 or higher?) but is still missing acc or atk, please post.

my taurus is 12 now, working on lv15 to see if that is in fact an objective. will try for lv20 after that.

on a side note, i used tikabalang and it made a lv9 monster. if anyone knows a way to create a monster that starts at a higher lv, that may end up being useful info.

---

the same for chocobo raising. if you raised a chocobo and are still missing acc or atk, please post.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    i would like to try to disprove pankration being an objective, so if anyone has done pankration and has official reflector of some lv (maybe 25 or higher?) but is still missing acc or atk, please post.

my taurus is 12 now, working on lv15 to see if that is in fact an objective. will try for lv20 after that.

on a side note, i used tikabalang and it made a lv9 monster. if anyone knows a way to create a monster that starts at a higher lv, that may end up being useful info.

---

the same for chocobo raising. if you raised a chocobo and are still missing acc or atk, please post.
    I can confirm it is NOT acc for chocobo raising as I have never done chocobo raising, am 7/8 acc but still need to do Face of the Future. Possibly attack, as I am 7/8 in that one as well. I have capped pankration pet, but am still 7/8 attack.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    I can verify that obtaining atma of the master crafter does NOT give a vorseal.
    did you just buy the atma or did you buy the signboard beforehand as well?

also, looking at my cooking mule, she purchased 150k GP item (therefore has the related title) and no add'l vorseals beyond vmod.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    I can confirm it is NOT acc for chocobo raising as I have never done chocobo raising, am 7/8 acc but still need to do Face of the Future. Possibly attack, as I am 7/8 in that one as well. I have capped pankration pet, but am still 7/8 attack.
    ok have done pankration, have not done choco.

access to 8 acc and 7 atk.

---

what stinks is i know that everyone that has done some add'l content may have also done w/e the REAL off-the-wall obj turns out to be!

another thing that is troublesome about testing is, for example, seeing someone's earlier post that they took a MON to 25, didn't get vorseal, then quit! they were so close!

ah well, on i go! lol

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

ok... i think one set of quest objectives is actually battlefields. so DM or Apoc Nigh could be objectives.

my cooking mule has done both those battlefields.

Accuracy/Evasion:
    some battlefield i have to figure out...
    can't be garrison, as i have done that.
    can't be any ballista/brenner unless you need to be ranked
    could be waking the beast
    cloud evoker?

Defense:
    Completion of any one Beastman Hat quest: "A Generous General?", "A Moral Manifest?", "An Affable Adamantking?", or "An Understanding Overlord?" battlefield

Attack/Ranged Attack:
    DM/Apoc Nigh Battlefield (undetermined)

Magic Accuracy/Magic Evasion:
    Completion of an Expeditionary Force operation
    Attain Lv.30 in Monstrosity
    (not sure because both could technically count as battlefield)

Magic Defense:
    Completion of the quest "Beyond Infinity" battlefield

Magic Attack:
    Completion of NPC Fellow quest "Mirror Images" battlefield

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm already dreading doing monstrosity for a vorseal, you will become my least favourite person if you find that pankration gives a vorseal!

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I'm already dreading doing monstrosity for a vorseal, you will become my least favourite person if you find that pankration gives a vorseal!
    nuuuuuuu!

however, i took my cooking mule that has never done monstrosity and it took me about 1hr to complete semi-afk.