BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Has anyone confirmed that RoTZ gives magic acc/eva vorseal?
    no one specifically confirmed it, it was just the last remaining set of missions.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Took a level 7 mule in with only all the gobbiebag quests done and the MH exit quest Pretty Little Things, had 0 vorseals.
    since you have mules w/o all the mh exits done (and i do not) can you try completing the 3 main cities and see if it unlocks a vorseal? pretty please <3

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk View Post
    Completing the CRA Classic Chocobo race (obtaining the "Chocorookie" Title and Gysahl Medal Key Item) unlocks the last Attack Vorseal.

Do you only need to "complete" the CRA classic chocobo race, or do you have to WIN it?
    You said "completing", wiki says "1st place".
    Kinda big difference...

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Do you only need to "complete" the CRA classic chocobo race, or do you have to WIN it?
    Kinda big difference...
    he won and got the vorseal, can't undo those things. there's no way he can check.

so it might just be unlock 2nd tier CRA races, or... something else. until someone else races and unlocks a vorseal, we're stuck with "attain chocorookie title".

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    no one specifically confirmed it, it was just the last remaining set of missions.
    It is, but that doesn't mean it is magic acc/eva and not some other vorseal.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So no one has 8/8 HP & MP yet? If they are raising vorseals to 11 just to be cute then it'd take quite the grind.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It is, but that doesn't mean it is magic acc/eva and not some other vorseal.
    indeed. however, until someone does ZM on a mule and finds otherwise, the pattern supports ZM = macc/meva.

if you must have it confirmed, i will do ZM on my mule if you'll find the last mdef vorseal. ;]

Campaign
    BG Level

So I messed up a bit with Chocobo Racing, which I never did before.
    Current Hypothesys: Need to win "CRA Classic", i.e. complete the second cycle of "mission" races.

Steps:
    1) Enter Chocobo Racing from your nation of preference, thank with the guy in the middle and associate with their team
    2) Trade a CRA racing licence (from a Chocobo you're currently raising) or a VCS plaque (from an already raised chocobo) to the same guy to register him for racing (only one chocobo at a time cna be registered)
    3) You can now race for Challenge races, the first "cycle" consists of 3 races (Novice I, II and III) and they're free to participate. Suggestion: buy some Speed apples from the vendor inside Chocobo Circuit (SE or SW of the map) and trade them to the middle NPC described above. Then set Jockey to "final spurt" and equipment to "speed apple"
    4) Need to get between the first 3 places to unlock the following Novice race. Once you're done with III, you get 3 chocobucks and unlock "Free Races" (used to "farm" chocobucks) and the next tier of Challenge races, which consist of 5 races (Challenge I, International I, International II, Challenge II, CRA Classic, which is the last unlocked and the one you supposedly have to win to receive the Vorseal)

I stopped at Challenge I, with my chocobo I can't get first in this 2 chocobos race.
    Kinda need to raise a chocobo especially for racing, if you don't have one already.

This is the one I have:
    Strength: Average
    Endurance: Better than average
    Discernment: Poor
    Receptivity: Poor
    no special abilities

I recall Chocobo raising to be extremely frustrating and convoluted, requiring a lot of gil and effort (had to interact everyday, hope for the correct random stuff, and always use the right answer if you wanted to even remotedly get a good racing choco).
    Last but not least, it takes a lot of real life days and if you miss too many days of breeding (i.e. you can't login every day because of real life stuff) then it's gonna get even more complicated.

tl;dr => a lot of people will never unlock this vorseal.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

since you have mules w/o all the mh exits done (and i do not) can you try completing the 3 main cities and see if it unlocks a vorseal? pretty please <3
    3 main cities + jeuno does not give a vorseal.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I recall Chocobo raising to be extremely frustrating and convoluted, requiring a lot of gil and effort (had to interact everyday, hope for the correct random stuff, and always use the right answer if you wanted to even remotedly get a good racing choco).
    Last but not least, it takes a lot of real life days and if you miss too many days of breeding (i.e. you can't login every day because of real life stuff) then it's gonna get even more complicated.

tl;dr => a lot of people will never unlock this vorseal.
    i'm 10 or so days into it and... basically i just made it part of login/daily box cycle.

feed chocobo 3 gysahl greens i buy from stables vendor next to the raising npc, walk choco 3x, stare at chocobo until energy depleted.

every day my baby chocobo is starving, also i missed feeding like... 2 days in a row. there's something in the guide about the baby chocobo running away? idk how little you have to do to make that happen.

anyways, guide says day29 choco is adult and you can register to race. honestly, if you look at the other objectives, it is very likely that the racing objective is much simpler than getting first place in CRA race.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kinda big difference...
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk
    obtaining the "Chocorookie" Title and Gysahl Medal Key Item
    I specifically mentioned that you need to obtain the title and key item (which requires winning the CRA Classic) - you won't unlock the Vorseal until you win it. Sorry if there was any confusion about that.

Good luck with the races. :}

Campaign
    BG Level

anyways, guide says day29 choco is adult and you can register to race.
    Being able to register to race might not be enough. You need to train a very specific chocobo to win in races, that requires continued effort, lack of mistakes and a bit of luck.

honestly, if you look at the other objectives, it is very likely that the racing objective is much simpler than getting first place in CRA race.
    It's not a matter of being simple or hard, with a good guide (is there any? with just the necessary information?) it's probably not that HARD, but it's definitely very time intensive, and if you can't login everyday it gets tougher the more days you miss.
    It's also a bit more complex these days because some (most?) of the good food you need to feed the Chocobo, cannot be bought by NPCs. Nobody sells it anymore on AH these days, so this means it has to be grown on your own using flowerpots, adding even more stress/time/work to the overall process.
    What takes more time than this among the other objectives? I can't think of anything being so time intensive.
    Sounds a bit of a dick move from SE if you ask me, but w/e, I can survive without one vorseal.

Campaign
    BG Level

Btw for reference:
    General Guide about Chocobo Racing
    Ninnian advanced chocobo breeding guide

You need AT LEAST 350 points distributed between Endurance and Strength (realistically more like 400+) if you want a chance to win those races.
    The food you need to feed it most will be Vomp Carrots, which you cannot buy on any NPC.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You can get them pretty easily from gardening in your mog house. There is wildgrass seeds in Mog Garden which produce all the chocobo raising items including the carrot.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Being able to register to race might not be enough. You need to train a very specific chocobo to win in races, that requires continued effort, lack of mistakes and a bit of luck.
    i was not suggesting that registering to race was the objective, i was simply stating that at 29 days you are able to participate in racing.

falkirk says he only received vorseal after winning the race and getting ki+title. clearly he's done other racing before this, since you have to rank up to even get to that race.

if this is a 1yr dedication to lvling your chocobo's stats and ranking up in racing, it's definitely way more complicated and time-consuming than all the other objectives. i mean, mog garden stuff is 30 days max? or so? and all you do there is login. i can do any of the mission lines with a lv99 char in one day.

Sounds a bit of a dick move from SE if you ask me, but w/e, I can survive without one vorseal.
    agreed. lol

Campaign
    BG Level

I think a realistic scenario is about 60 days of work between training and all the rest.
    This will involve:
    1) Getting/crafting/gardening/farming the food yourself
    2) Caring for the chocobo making attention to avoid mistakes, arguably the "longest" part is the plethora of checks when it's an egg
    3) Getting apples and farming chocobucks and doing the races (if you got good results in the previous steps, this will take a couple of hours only)

It's something you have to do every day, which is a bit stressing. The more days you "miss", the harder it will be to get the necessary stats.
    Getting all the food/items too will be a bit stressing.
    It all adds up, when you struggle to get even just 1 hour of gameplay every day, doing all these things is gonna be time consuming I guess.

And yeah, can't think of many other vorseals requiring so much time/work.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    You can get them pretty easily from gardening in your mog house. There is wildgrass seeds in Mog Garden which produce all the chocobo raising items including the carrot.
    Get me 5 stacks of Vomp Carrots for free and I'll be happy <3

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Confirming that beating provenance watcher and completing the quest Ending and Beginnings does not give a vorseal.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Confirming that beating provenance watcher and completing the quest Ending and Beginnings does not give a vorseal.
    should check trust, tenshodo membership, and wildcat badge for that mdef objective.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast