+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So Ghost is...
    Spoiler: show

Tracer? lol

I didn't consider her a villain, but I also couldn't find her sympathetic by the end either. You are "supposed" to sympathize with her problem and I did for a while but she was just a relentless bitch after a certain point with no real redeeming qualities (that we were shown, anyway). I think that's the problem, with too many characters to follow in this movie she gets shafted because we don't know anything about her other than she has a problem she needs to fix.

I liked the movie, good solid comedy entry to the MCU. It didn't try to sell a grand message, it was just fluff and that's fine.
    There are a lot of things that don't make any sense (and a lot of things we don't know about quantum physics lol) but that's expected with comic book movies so I don't question it

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Yeah but tardigrades don't just float around in every single area of microscopic space on the planet. Which is why it was stupid for them to even appear. Tardigrades are tight don't get me wrong.
    I made a joke about them on FB. I feel like tardigrades is some hidden joke as parents across the country have been subjected to ours upon hours of watching Octonauts (kid show that teaches about sea life. Tardigrades are the subject to one of them.) The show isn't a disney-made show (BBC), but Disney airs it in the US.

(Not that serious, but I won't be surprised if that ends up being true.)

With all that said, they are called tardigrades by name in this movie.

Just before Scott goes into the thingie at the end of the film, Hope mentions he needs to avoid the "tardigrade field."

As for my thoughts on the film:

absolutely loved it. Wasn't as heavy as the other films, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I think Ghost was a weak character, but to me that doesn't hurt the film that badly. I cannot handle just how perfectly these characters are casted. Rudd was made for Ant-Man, and I can't picture anyone else playing him. Easily my favorite marvel series after GotG. I still can't believe I sat here years ago saying "How the fuck are they going to make Ant-Man interesting?" And they did an amazing job of it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    and even Scott Lang's daughter is pretty great too for being a child actor.
    Yeah she was great, especially that one scene
    "Who did you mean?" "...me. Don't laugh, I'd be a good partner" (or something like that)
    Great job putting just enough feeling into it and not overdoing it.

Also speaking of children
    child-size Ant-man was just adorable. "You want a juice box and some string cheese?" "Do you really have that?"

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Finally got a chance to watch this today. Absolutely fucking loved it. Even more so than the first. It was just non-stop fun from beginning to end. The cast is so perfect for each and every one of their roles that you can't imagine anyone else playing them lmao. Also, once again Ant-Man action scenes and choreography are amongst some of the best in the MCU. Awesome display of their powers always making them look bad ass. I also thought Ghost was cool. She lacked any kind of depth, but was cool nonetheless.

The truth serum Michael Pena' story time had me dying. As well as the awkward ass FBI agent lmao. The dialogue between him and Rudd at the end "Do..do you want to go to dinner?" LOL.

The mid-credit scene, OUCH, as soon as Rudd started going "Guy...guys!?" I automatically knew right away they'd been snapped. Can't wait to see how Rudd and the Quantum Realm come into play in A4.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The Seagull gag fucking killed me.

They mention time vortexes in the mid-credits. Wonder if Ant-Man will be going through one to mess with the past?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dropped to #2 in its second week with $28.8 million. Hotel Transylvania 3 was a surprise hit and took the #1 spot with $44.1 million. The Rock’s “Skyscraper” looks to be a disappointing dud (for him), opening at #3 with $25.4 million.

Ridill
    BG Level

I feel like gangster guy should have been cut from the film completely to give Ghost some more room to work. I think she has one of the more interesting powers in the MCU. If they could have maybe shown her pain and suffering, shown some side effects of her time as an indoctrinated shield assassin, and the mental instability that would come along with all that instead of covering it all in a 2 minute exposition scene, she could have been real good. They could have even had her linked to the mother being rescued with her somehow.

The way things were, I kind of feel like Ghost wasn't even in the original draft and the main conflict was with Goliath working with the gangster dude but at the last minute some Marvel exec decided they couldn't do that.

I still enjoyed it. I think I liked the first one better still though. And yeah, the second end credit scene, what a waste of time. Worse than the Spiderman one. At least I could appreciate the trolling that was the captain America psa.

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

As stupid as that second post-credit scene is, it is our first look (I think) at a post Infinity War MCU.

Ridill
    BG Level

Without the guidance of their master, the giant ants begin to breed, creating a super colony of enormous ants. They continue working on the projects Dr. Pym set them on but without his constant guidance, their work begins to skew and it's not long until the Giant Ant army led by Giant Ant Ultron begins its attack on a post-Thanos world.

there may or may not also be a sub plot involving an oozy space alien and ninja.

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just saw this yersterday; great movie. Expecting Ghost to show up again, though movie wasn't clear if she has any powers left.

Michael Peña story time is awesome, rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Just saw this yersterday; great movie. Expecting Ghost to show up again, though movie wasn't clear if she has any powers left.

Michael Peña story time is awesome, rofl.
    Just saw it yesterday as well and agree with everything 100%.
    Great film and actually I think Ghost might be an important part in helping Scott. They specifically mentioned they were getting the "healing particles" to help her so she's got to have some of the "quantum tearing" or w/e with her molecules still. Plus she might be the only one left who even knows what the Quantum Realm is unless they bring Morpheus back.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Just saw it yesterday as well and agree with everything 100%.
    Great film and actually I think Ghost might be an important part in helping Scott. They specifically mentioned they were getting the "healing particles" to help her so she's got to have some of the "quantum tearing" or w/e with her molecules still. Plus she might be the only one left who even knows what the Quantum Realm is unless they bring Morpheus back.
    True. Typical Marvel way of having characters make seemingly unassuming comments which later turn out to be important.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I would be shocked if anyone from this movie aside from
    Scott
    ends up in Avengers 4. That's gonna be the Finale for 3 phases, and probably the goodbye movie for a few of the originals. They're already adding Captain Marvel to the line up, I don't really think they're gonna add other newish characters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Given Ghost's state of shifting between different possibilities, I wonder what effect the snap would have on her. Janet did seem to help her collapse into one, though, so maybe she was vulnerable to it.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Just got out of this. Better than the first. They do such a good job with the shrinking/growing powers.

Also no one mentioning it but Agent Woo is a character from the comics, and an important one. Jimmy Woo us the leader of the Agents of ATLAS, throwback characters from when Marvel was Atlas Comics.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

agent woo? is that ric flair's character

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Finally got to go see this. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and like most have said probably more than the 1st.

World's Best Grandma

What's next? Captain Marvel?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Finally got to go see this. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and like most have said probably more than the 1st.

World's Best Grandma

What's next? Captain Marvel?
    Yep in March, followed by IW part 2 in May

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Yep in March, followed by IW part 2 in May
    March?! Well, fuck....