+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo Season 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

not many are watching it on here but i agree, this is probably my favorite show on TV from this year, maybe the last couple years

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I think there must be a lot watching cause it's just an awesome show, just not the typical characters that would keep a thread going I think

I guess I'll add my 2 cents on it,
    Spoiler: show
    sucks it's ending and was only 10 episodes... feel like we coulda dragged some of this out, the betrayal we saw last ep kinda came out of left field for me and I'm not sure what to think about my favorite character anymore because I also liked dob, if only because he was michael from burn notice lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    sucks it's ending and was only 10 episodes... feel like we coulda dragged some of this out, the betrayal we saw last ep kinda came out of left field for me and I'm not sure what to think about my favorite character anymore because I also liked dob, if only because he was michael from burn notice lol
    It did seem a little surprising, but for some reason I did see it coming; I think it was his behavior at the cabin. Pretty sure the snap and subsequent betrayal was tied to the racism, and I think the scene at the bar in Sioux Falls (or wherever that was) kind of pushed him over the edge. When the guys came out of the bar after him, you could see the resignation and inevitability in his face. And after killing two police officers, he knew darn well he was done for. Once Dodd decided to throw a bunch of epithets towards Hanzee after he showed up at the cabin to save him, it made the decision that much easier. He said he wanted to move on in life and change his hair; I think some of that was due to the police hunt, and the rest was just that he didn't want to be that guy any more. I imagine we'll see some sort of monologue before he goes down sometime in the next two episodes.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

My favorite parts of the episode were:
    The callback to the movie with "We're going crazy down at the lake" and I thought the coolest thing was the Samson reference from Dodd, followed shortly by Hanzee about to get this haircut. (Samson and Delilah reference where he loses his hair/power)

i was talking about how great the show is before i even watched the latest episode. damn what an episode. i want an ed the butcher/mike milligan buddy hitmen show on my TV now

BG Level

space ship?

????

????

was that the laziest writing ever displayed in an otherwise top tier show or am I missing something

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i think it was just being weird for weirdness sake/symbolism of just how absurd and unnecessary the whole massacre was, idk. im not great at analyzing shit for deeper meaning

UFO's were a big thing in pop culture then, being weird and factually relevant to the times is probably why they are in. I don't think they serve any plot device other than wtf

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

The UFO is what Rye Gearhart was looking at in Ep 1 when he got hit by the car. I think it was just a reoccurring theme throughout the season, probably as Churchill said was a pop culture type thing then. You can also see a couple UFO related things on the wall in the store where Hanzee killed the shop keeper in the scene where Lou finds him dead as well.

it's just a flying saucer Ed

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    UFO's were a big thing in pop culture then, being weird and factually relevant to the times is probably why they are in. I don't think they serve any plot device other than wtf
    Ya, I was thinking this but then I 100% expected the narrator (who had the longest bits of lines this episode by far) to chime in and say something about multiple accounts of an UFO on the day of the massacre, people be crazy, yada yada yada

so it'd be a goofy callback to something actually historical (which he kept talking about, historical this, historical that)

but we just got left with it

idk, I still feel retarded after that episode. Hanzee is still a baller though, should have shot that UFO down tbh and set up hanzee vs predator for the season finale

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The UFO stuff was in like every episode. Besides the one in the first episode that literally started the plot, you could see a reflection of a UFO in the butchershop window in one episode. Hanzee seemingly got abducted while searching for rye; the camera pans to a clock in the wafflehut as he's walking out, he sees the UFO, closes his eyes until it's gone, looks at his pocketwatch and two hours have passed. There were all the weird symbols in hanks house as well as the racist bar. Molly drew a picture of one in one episode as well. Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Keep in mind the story is being told decades later, probably by putting together accounts of surviving characters like Lou (nearly strangled to death when he saw the UFO) and possibly Peggy (insane). Might also be loosely inspired by this.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Thank you haha. I have been having to convince so many people that UFO's has been a part of this entire season. I don't know how people have over looked it so much.

BG Level

yeah that's crazy, this is the first time I've noticed it or had people bring attention to it

idk what I was doing in EP1 when rye got hit by the car. I remember him seeing the lights and staring off at something. I didn't even think "oh look, stupid plot convenience" but instead just potatoed through it without thinking

eyewitness accounts really are shit huh

narrator was lester nygard

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

amazing finale. one of most enjoyable seasons of tv i've ever seen.

i gotta know where i can get an OST for s2.

good read once you finish

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Turning hanzee into the fat white mob boss in season 1 is totally baffling. Doesn't fit the character at all to me, or do anything for the story, except as a lame way to tie the seasons together.

A. Body
    BG Level

The one tie-in I was hoping for was for this season to show how that briefcase of cash ended up in the snow in the middle of nowhere

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Level

Would the SS card reading lorne malvo not make any sense at all?

When he was pulling the card out and after he said he wants to kill everyone I had flashbacks of lorne going through the building killing everyone@fargo with key&peele outside

Both spoke little. Short, narrow frames. Badasses with guns. So much of how they hunted and killed people was similar too (to me anyway)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag