+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fargo Season 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lorne malvo was a true agent of chaos and the ultimate troll. completely different character compared to hanzee.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

hanzee was pretty chaotic though? Killed the bar people on a whim, killed his handler dodd, and orchestrated the mass death of the family that took him in, and shanked the shit out of a couple of kids presumably

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

what i mean is that malvo was just a dude who got his kicks out of seeing the world burn. he wasn't really triggered by anything except for doing things of his own amusement. there's a million things he does throughout the show, but probably my favorite is the ghost story he tells just to scare the shit out of the kid.

for the most part hanzee is a set piece until the racism stuff puts him over the edge as he realizes he's never been considered an equal human being for his entire life.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The family that took him in? It was strongly implied hanzee was otto's illegitimate son with one of the maids, and they treated him like an indentured servant rather than family.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I thought they said he was adopted at some <teenage age in the episode where they have a flashback to him in school

quick google gets me this:
    Like you said, there wasn't a lot written on the page about him, other than he was adopted at nine years old by the Gerhardt family, which was actually going on a lot in the ’60s and ’70s — a lot of kids being adopted out of their families into other families and relocated into other environments. So I know he went through that. And then being in the war, you know, that would have a big impression on anybody. He was this tunnel rat in Vietnam, sending the Indian down into the tunnels.
    Where was it implied he was actually family?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Dodd called him halfbreed through out the series. In the last episode, the dude from buffalo asks mike milligan 'remind which one you are again, the kid otto had with the maid?', and the only maid we see at the gerhardt compound is an old native american lady.

In one of those flashbacks we see hanzee in one of those fucked up boarding schools, I assume he was dumped off there until they decided to take him back.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i think that's a lot of stretch you're giving it. it sounded mostly like a slave owner love baby racist dig to me.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Much less of a stretch than him becoming a large italian man through plastic surgery lol.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Much less of a stretch than him becoming a large italian man through plastic surgery lol.
    maybe he ate a mushroom

gonna say the guy that gave hanzee the fake ID got all "fuck yeah" after hanzee's speech and eventually became a shitty boss.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Burned through the season in a couple days.

This show did so much right that True Detective did wrong, but my favorite part is how subtle the show can be. The line that had me laugh hardest:

Spoiler: show
    "What kinda doughnut you want?"
    "Old Fashioned."
    "And and old fashi-- really? Old fashi-- and an old fashioned."

So many things were just so quick, and so understated, and so /human/.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone catch s3 opener?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    anyone catch s3 opener?
    Yes. Very intriguing first episode, felt just like the previous seasons with brand new characters. Mary Elizabeth Winstead and David Thewlis' characters were particularly memorable; Maurice's conversation in the car was fantastic. Lots of quirky but memorable characters put into awkward circumstances out of their elements. It is a little weird having the show back in 2010, though, compared to last year's. A number of things don't feel all that different, but then - suddenly - you see someone talking on a smart phone and you're like "Oh yeah."

The opening scene was suitably terrifying, and kind of sets the tone for the season to come. I think that's going to be an ongoing theme.

Spoiler: show
    And I'm not normally an ass man, but jinkies.

Between The Leftovers, Fargo, and Better Call Saul all very early into their new seasons, right now is a great time for scripted television.

mary elizabeth winstead needs to be in all the things, goddamn she is pleasing to look at and can act. not sure how i feel about ewan mcgregor's accent as emmitt but i like him as an actor and noah hawley is the boss so i'm in

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

she is so ridiculously hot. my favorite was when she was in a cheerleader outfit for an entire movie

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

season's been pretty slow to start, imo, but things probably gonna ramp up from this episode out. feels like there's so many motivations involved right now it's gonna be a pretty big payoff.

hope so, i'm pretty meh on the season so far. ewan isnt doing it for me and mary elizabeth winstead's character is barely being used. the villain is also pretty lackluster so far compared to billy bob and mike mothafuckin milligan

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

varga is so revolting i almost cringe every scene i see him in.

he's a fine villain but this season just isnt quite doing it for me like the first 2 seasons, although that's not saying much because the first 2 seasons were incredible

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There isn't a season 3 thread for this show and I've been binging starting at S1 this week so this will do.

Season 1 was one of the most amazing bits of TV I've ever put into my brain. It was amazing. Season 2 was okay but never came close to S1 for me. I'm a few ep. into S3 and I'm just starting to get disappointed. If it wasn't for MEW I'd prob call it quits.

No S4 until 2019, right? May lose interest by then if this doesn't get better by end of S3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag