1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -7 hours, -11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    It will always be like that, stop beeing surprised. They said that CT type dungeons are used for Bridging with real raid
    Except the original CT was supposed to have been released at launch and was delayed because they couldn't finish it in time.

If it was released when it was supposed to have been it would have dropped useful gear.

Why have they repeated the same "too late" pattern with CT raids ever since?

"Well we set the bar low at the start, might as well keep shittin it up, don't wanna "confuse" the players!"

Imagine a world with a somewhat challenging CT?

Considering how people handle the current iteration I think harder is definitely asking for your cake and eating it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i love 24 man stuff, even if it is easy. casting set looks ok, too.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Except the original CT was supposed to have been released at launch and was delayed because they couldn't finish it in time.

If it was released when it was supposed to have been it would have dropped useful gear.

Why have they repeated the same "too late" pattern with CT raids ever since?

"Well we set the bar low at the start, might as well keep shittin it up, don't wanna "confuse" the players!"
    Yeah, it's laziness more than anything from a design standpoint. The pattern would have been corrected by Syrcus Tower and given the DELAY on 3.1, they could have actually made it a usable raid. CT was to bridge raid and help you give your alt jobs gear..or glamour or w.e. Esoterics came out ..4 weeks? or so after HW launch..3.1 is in November. Alexander Normal was 2 weeks after HW..and like...Sky exploration is supposed to give up to ilvl210 gear..

Void Ark is literally obsolete before it even comes out in all senses..not even just gear wise unless it drops ilvl220 gear or they actually implement "confuse the new player" stats to gear to make it worthwhile. More content is nice..,but it's kind of like throwing in the tutorial on how to play after you complete the game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    casting set getting the sable death mask made me laugh a little
    (i think it's striking, aiming, healing, scouting, casting, maiming, fending in that order anyways)
    u wot?

Aiming, Casting, Healing, Scouting, Striking, Maiming, Fending is my bet. Maybe Aiming<->Scouting. The second set is incredibly obviously casting unless I'm missing something.

Who the hell cares really.

7 armor sets, 2 colors, boring as fuck.

The only thing that's gonna keep people running this is the required weekly clear for your upgrade mat.

Good gear hasn't looked cool since 2nd coil.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I don't mind it being a thematic set since this cluster got AF3, which is more unique to job identities.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    There's a high res version of the arc gear. Because we def need more purple: http://gamerescape.com/wp-content/up...pach3.1_15.png
    giant, asymmetrical Aiming shoulderpad
    Okay.
    giant, asymmetrical Striking shoulderpad
    No.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Diabolos door mechanics with 24 ppl on DF... God help us all. Gear looks terrible. Hopefully the music is still good at least. Always liked their 24 man tunes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

All they have to do is i205 the gear and 90% of the player base will shit their pants with excitement. But we all know it'll be i200 during a time when secondaries matter very little and even better gear won't help you with the A3S wall. I really do hope they do something to spice up the game, 3.1 is critical for a lot of people.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    All they have to do is i205 the gear and 90% of the player base will shit their pants with excitement. But we all know it'll be i200 during a time when secondaries matter very little and even better gear won't help you with the A3S wall. I really do hope they do something to spice up the game, 3.1 is critical for a lot of people.
    Sky exploration will drop up to i210 gear for smacking trash mobs and it comes glamoured with any armor in the game AND randomized secondary stat. That's yoshi's idea of spicing things up If it dropped i205 that'd be interesting, considering the relic quest will be under ilvl too..but since most people can't do A4S anyway, guess that's the least of anyone's concern.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Sky exploration will drop up to i210 gear for smacking trash mobs and it comes glamoured with any armor in the game AND randomized secondary stat. That's yoshi's idea of spicing things up If it dropped i205 that'd be interesting, considering the relic quest will be under ilvl too..but since most people can't do A4S anyway, guess that's the least of anyone's concern.

If they spoon fed us i210 gear 99% of the player base couldn't get past A3 let alone A4 for their weapons. Incoming weekly lockout i210 random piece that will be hands,belt,feet only until 3.15. If they give us i210 body,legs,head then whats the point of alexander? I really feel like they are pinning themselves in a corner in terms of gear progression.

Relic will probably be 3.15 and at that point better be i210.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

OH GOOD ANOTHER FENDING SET THAT INCORPORATES A BATTLE DRESS I'M SO EXCITED I COULD SHIT

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It would be nice to have i200 gear that is upgradable by raid items. And a jewellery set would be nice.

But that would make too much sense and effort.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    If they spoon fed us i210 gear 99% of the player base couldn't get past A3 let alone A4 for their weapons. Incoming weekly lockout i210 random piece that will be hands,belt,feet only until 3.15. If they give us i210 body,legs,head then whats the point of alexander? I really feel like they are pinning themselves in a corner in terms of gear progression.

Relic will probably be 3.15 and at that point better be i210.
    Haven't they been down-shifting items during the odd patches? A1 with Gobcoat, A2 Coat+Twine, A3 Twine+Dip, A4 all of them. They always seem to open up accessibility to the max level items during these patches so that slower groups can have time at max ilvl to do the endgame content.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

If they're repeating the ARR pattern, they'll do that when the next 8man raid is released, odd patches just add coats/twines to Hunts

EDIT: I'm wrong, they're down-shifted near the end of the odd patches:
    2.38 - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...6869b10e012e57

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Void Ark will probably drop Gobdips/etc.

They've set everything up to be a clone of the Crystal Tower dev cycle. Void Ark is Syrcus Tower (skipping LotA). ix00 gear + upgrade items for equivalent ilvl currency armor. In CT that was i100 and Soldiery upgrade items. Eso is the new soldiery. By the time 4.0 rolls around, we'll have a new currency, Eso will be unrestricted and gained from everything that drops Law/poetics right now, Law/poetics will be phased out, and the final coil of alexander will drop i230 gear and upgrades for i220 currency gear to become i230.

Y'all might think I exaggerate, but just you watch. It'll be exactly the same cycle.

Edit: Right down to the hunt drops, as Solracht mentioned.

Also, 4.0's first currency gear will be i270, upgradeable to dye-able i280.

Actually, they might not be skipping LotA. If they plan on having 3 non-alex raids (i dont recall) then the Void Ark stuff will be i180 and it won't drop any Dips etc. Because lawl.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Terrible gear, fucking rehash ugly black ROBES whyyyy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Dug through patch notes, the downshift was 2.38 for second coil, and apparently didn't happen for Final. I could've sworn it was earlier.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    It would be nice to have i200 gear that is upgradable by raid items.
    They should really do this, plus undersized mode.