1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

If they're following the same patterns then the only items available from Arc at the start will be Coats, with Twines and Dips added later.

But since the Alex loot distribution is different from coil they may do things differently, wouldn't be surprised if Twines were available from the start but I would be very surprised if they started handing out Dips from day 1.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Void Ark will probably drop Gobdips/etc.

They've set everything up to be a clone of the Crystal Tower dev cycle. Void Ark is Syrcus Tower (skipping LotA). ix00 gear + upgrade items for equivalent ilvl currency armor. In CT that was i100 and Soldiery upgrade items. Eso is the new soldiery. By the time 4.0 rolls around, we'll have a new currency, Eso will be unrestricted and gained from everything that drops Law/poetics right now, Law/poetics will be phased out, and the final coil of alexander will drop i230 gear and upgrades for i220 currency gear to become i230.

Y'all might think I exaggerate, but just you watch. It'll be exactly the same cycle.
    The ENTIRE patch structure of everything is just "Hey, 2.0 worked decently well, let's just do the same thing with incredibly minor adjustments rather than take time to assess and strengthen what worked and change what didn't." It's really not a very unsafe prediction to expect the 5 major patch, 3-tier system; 4 8-man fights and ilvl jumps on even, 24-man and gear catch-up on odd, a new spammable 'primal' type fight for secondary items every patch.

Given the length of development cycle to live, I feel like it may be too late to reverse course, especially when they STILL aren't admitting there's actually anything wrong with the repetitive structure. Maybe by 3.2 they'll realize it, and have some relevant structural changes by 3.4, but by that point it could be too little too late. I'm definitely not optimistic.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    OH GOOD ANOTHER FENDING SET THAT INCORPORATES A BATTLE DRESS I'M SO EXCITED I COULD SHIT
    Less dresses more capes SEplz. DRK Body master race.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the armors look shit tbh, not my type. Looks like they completly droping the ball with 3.1

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Don't worry, I'm sure the story NPCs will have unique gear we can't use.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

NPC will have jet black High Allagen while we get Uldah thrift store robes.

Leftover Halloween costumes no one wanted*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Armor is ugly and its a combination of reused gear and thihghboots for all. Only decent set is casting/healing, rest are awful and look like a purple version of started gear w/ the battle mage strap around the front of the armor... because every piece needs that and cant be unique.

I did expect more coming out of a patch cycle that has been more dry then anything since the games relaunch. Its not like I even want to farm this gear for glamour because its ugly. Unless a piece of gear has like BiS stats (when second stats are lolz) I dont even see the point of banging my head against this each week when its gonna be tedious after week 2

Also it's only just occurred to me that this thing is called the Void Arc rather than the expected Void Ark, given that it appears to be a ship and all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

it's Void Ark

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Also it's only just occurred to me that this thing is called the Void Arc rather than the expected Void Ark, given that it appears to be a ship and all.
    what lol if you go to the actual website it's Ark; the OP title is wrong

idk how he changed the spelling in the the first bolded section but not the rest of it

Yes I was confused looking back, I assumed the OP was just copy-pasted.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I hope he summons waves of Fenrirs too
    Late as hell but, You are pure evil sometimes lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Armor is ugly and its a combination of reused gear and thihghboots for all. Only decent set is casting/healing, rest are awful and look like a purple version of started gear w/ the battle mage strap around the front of the armor... because every piece needs that and cant be unique.

I did expect more coming out of a patch cycle that has been more dry then anything since the games relaunch. Its not like I even want to farm this gear for glamour because its ugly. Unless a piece of gear has like BiS stats (when second stats are lolz) I dont even see the point of banging my head against this each week when its gonna be tedious after week 2
    I remember when the original CT launched and the ilvl for the gear was revealed. Considering it was 10 ilvls lower than tome/coil gear, Yoshi basically said to farm it for glamour (this was before we even had glamour prisms). Now most of the gear doesn't even entice people to run it for glamour based on everyone's impressions.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

It was pretty glamour worthy in LotA, and WoD. Only got BRD set in ST, and not interested in any of these sets. I know it's hard to follow the eso sets, but this looks like they didn't even try.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    I know it's hard to follow the eso sets
    tbh I find most of the eso sets to look awful, especially on males. a lot of the crafted and dungeon armor looks far superior. let's not even talk about Gordian (except for the NIN set).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The Void Ark armors are a snoozefest, rehashed gear with two colors (three if you count healing set which is the ugliest of them all). I liked some of the WoD armor sets for glamour, they were pretty nice as far as looks but this is just fucking lazy. I guess everyone's probably going to be going for upgrade items. I can imagine that even the casuals might be miffed this patch.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    The Void Ark armors are a snoozefest, rehashed gear with two colors (three if you count healing set which is the ugliest of them all). I liked some of the WoD armor sets for glamour, they were pretty nice as far as looks but this is just fucking lazy. I guess everyone's probably going to be going for upgrade items. I can imagine that even the casuals might be miffed this patch.
    And if 3.1 under performs, 3.2 being a PvP patch won't help things at all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I really wish they'd drop this faceroll model or release 2 difficulties. The assets are there, would it really be that hard to provide an 8-man mid/hardcore version? I understand it's set up for 3 teams but would it be so hard to just use one and tweak things (I.e. Only using 1 of 3 lanes instead of splitting up or whatever)

Just seems like such a colossal waste of dev time, even if it was roughly extreme primal difficulty as 8-man it'd give all the mid-core people smashing their faces on Alex (or just not doing it) something to do.

Duuuuumb

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    I really wish they'd drop this faceroll model or release 2 difficulties. The assets are there, would it really be that hard to provide an 8-man mid/hardcore version? I understand it's set up for 3 teams but would it be so hard to just use one and tweak things (I.e. Only using 1 of 3 lanes instead of splitting up or whatever)

Just seems like such a colossal waste of dev time, even if it was roughly extreme primal difficulty as 8-man it'd give all the mid-core people smashing their faces on Alex (or just not doing it) something to do.

Duuuuumb
    Or just upscale the value and mechanics for 24 people. Or even 16 (2 party) or 12 (3 light parties). Guaran-fucking-tee that despite any amount of bitching, a "difficult" mode of Faceroll Tower and it's ilk will be received VERY positively.

Or do more of what Labyrinth did and have the 3 parties have to handle shit on their own from time to time again. There was basically none of this in Syrcus, and WoD's Atomos was just a more faceroll version of Labyrinth's Atomos (it's ok if one party sucks because the others can just beat their Atomoses up more, albeit more slowly).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast