1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

They're going to scale down the difficult content in the game. They have no desire to provide challenging content.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    They're going to scale down the difficult content in the game. They have no desire to provide challenging content.
    Hi

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

was that screenshot taken using a potato camera?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    was that screenshot taken using a potato camera?
    I just randomly googled it, so I don't know?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We can't have 24man FC midcore content, something about SE revenue and the need to keep the game from becoming like FFXI.

I look forward to Void Ark's theme and if Diabolos gets his own. Soken has been hitting things out of the park with frequency.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Second set from the left needs more belts.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    My time in that fight so far...

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I thought it was obvious that the actual purpose of 24-man raids (since ST came out) is not the gear that drops from them, but the upgrade mats that drop there. That certainly is not "obsolete content."

However, we're on page 4 and that still hasn't been mentioned, so...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Probably because nobody cares about that as long as Hunts exist. In 2.5 you could do WoD to get one coat per week... or you could spend a week doing Hunts to get all your coats and twines. By the time WoD rewarded twines (2.55?), people didn't have a real need for them anymore.

Not sure why you think rewarding upgrade mats at a much slower rate than other content makes the 24mans "not obsolete" or why you're surprised that nobody has mentioned the mats after 4 pages.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Spam hunts for a bit for your main class, slow grind 24-man upgrade items for secondary, direct gear drops for tertiary.

It also has been mentioned, by me, but no one cares because anyone doing Savage doesn't really need Coats at this point.

Also no one cares about coats anyway, oh yay accessories.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

It's been 12 weeks since Savage came out. That's enough for 1.5 coats per member if you were clearing week 1 with no roster changes without using alts to double up loot. Maybe you personally got lucky and only play a class that needs 2 and have your second one already, but that's not really fair to generalize that far and say "no one doing Savage still needs Coats." I literally got my first one this week because my rolls were shit and I ended up getting it 8th in our group.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Not sure why you think rewarding upgrade mats at a much slower rate than other content makes the 24mans "not obsolete" or why you're surprised that nobody has mentioned the mats after 4 pages.
    If upgrade mats are not obsolete, then 24-man is not obsolete. By your logic, any method of obtaining esos other than the fastest one was also "obsolete on release."

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It also has been mentioned, by me, but no one cares because anyone doing Savage doesn't really need Coats at this point.
    In the same sense that anyone doing SCoB didn't need oils, sure. But there were still a lot of people doing ST for oils.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Maybe you personally got lucky and only play a class that needs 2 and have your second one already, but that's not really fair to generalize that far and say "no one doing Savage still needs Coats." I literally got my first one this week because my rolls were shit and I ended up getting it 8th in our group.
    I think he's trying to say that if you've been clearing A1S since week 1, you already have full Gordian right side.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If upgrade mats are not obsolete, then 24-man is not obsolete. By your logic, any method of obtaining esos other than the fastest one was also "obsolete on release."

In the same sense that anyone doing SCoB didn't need oils, sure. But there were still a lot of people doing ST for oils.

I think he's trying to say that if you've been clearing A1S since week 1, you already have full Gordian right side.
    If only Full Gordian right side was BiS

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    That's a really stupid comparison. Even the trials/dungeons with the worst eso/law rates were worth running multiple times for their unique rewards when they were first released. Bismarck and the Research Facility were the only exceptions, which I'd indeed consider obsolete on release although I'd give the Facility a free pass because it was meant to be story content.

Say they add a new Extreme trial in 3.1 that rewards low ilevel items (i190-200) and esoterics. If it's not worth doing for the esoterics over existing options then I'd consider it obsolete on release (and so would many others) even if it does reward a currency that's not obsolete.

The coat from Void Ark will save people an hour of Hunts the first week of the patch so you're technically right, it won't be 100% obsolete on release, but I see no point in bothering to make the distinction between "obsolete" and "mostly obsolete" in this case. It's not enough to make a difference when it comes to discussing it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In the scenario you just outlined, upgrade mats from Hunts would also be viable for one week, then obsolete forever.

The WoD weekly quest would have been similarly obsolete on release, yet many people were regularly doing it. I don't think your definition of obsolete is one that applies to most players.

Been away for a couple of weeks, wtf is this junk? is it really i200? lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Unannounced ilvl, as far as I can tell. People are just assuming 200 because it would follow SE's beloved patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Unannounced ilvl, as far as I can tell. People are just assuming 200 because it would follow SE's beloved patterns.
    That´d be kind of stupid. Isnt Islands confirmed to be i210? Lol.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

99% likely airship will be a variable ilvl. Probably between some stupid numbers like 170 ~ 210, and you need to have immaculate luck in order to see anything useful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast