1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It will be i200.

Labyrinth of the Ancients was i80, released when i90 armour was king.

Syrcus Tower was i100, released when i110 armour was king.

World of Darkness was i120, released when i130 armour was king.

I severely doubt they will change their basic strategy that much. But, keep in mind, for those that aren't doing Alexander Savage. Esoteric gear is upgradeable, Void Ark gear more than like will not be. So if they add an alternate way to get upgrade items for esoteric gear in 3.1 as well, than i210 esoteric will still make Void Ark gear either glamour gear or placeholder gear until you get the upgrade item for esoteric. And higher level alt job gear, lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It will never ever happen but imo the ideal route would be to have PvP and 24faceroll stuff end up at 5 ilvls below the top gear, whether that be 205 vs 210 or 210 vs 215 (ala final tier progression weapons). Allow the people who want to trailblaze in content that few enjoy (PvP) a tangible reward for their effort. Allow the catchup content (24face) to do so but also allow the gear that took effort (upgraded Eso, Savage) to continue to be the best.

Basically provide multiple routes for something ALMOST as good as the best gear, in addition to having the boring 2 sets of best gear. You could argue 10 ilvl below fits this bill fine but idk, I feel like it should be more. Not that it really matters or will happen.

I actually like having the Eso upgrade crap gated behind Savage on a conceptual level. It's a shame that SE won't follow through because they just want to cater to people who buy their body first for looks.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It will never ever happen but imo the ideal route would be to have PvP and 24faceroll stuff end up at 5 ilvls below the top gear, whether that be 205 vs 210 or 210 vs 215 (ala final tier progression weapons). Allow the people who want to trailblaze in content that few enjoy (PvP) a tangible reward for their effort.
    They would have to gate PvP gear in order for that to happen. If not, you'd have people with full i205 in week one, eliminating the purpose of gated eso grind.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Did i miss something. Did they say they were going to do the hunt coat/twine thing again or is that just an assumption?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Did i miss something. Did they say they were going to do the hunt coat/twine thing again or is that just an assumption?
    It's the assumption because they have to force us to do hunts again SOMEHOW.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm not sure that there is a precedent for them forcing us to do hunts twice in one even-odd patch set. Given that we already had to do hunts for 170-180 upgrades, I'm not entirely convinced that 200-210 will come from the same thing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I'm not sure that there is a precedent for them forcing us to do hunts twice in one even-odd patch set. Given that we already had to do hunts for 170-180 upgrades, I'm not entirely convinced that 200-210 will come from the same thing.
    I was thinking the same tbh. I figured we would have to trade in gear from airship hunts for points, then use the points to buy tokens, then use the tokens to buy coat/twine fragments in mor dhona, then head to north shroud to get them forged together, then go back to Idyllshire to upgrade. Gotta keep that 2.0 relevant.

This just in: New upgrade items will come off S ranked airship expeditions, in multiple amounts, and will be tradeable. Please look forward to it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

To me, the current hunt system does everything in its power to indicate that it will be used for upgrade items in 3.1. The 170-180 upgrade items cost a pathetically low amount, there's no "mark log" type item yet, and the current cap is incredibly low. Just seems like a blatantly obvious placeholder system to get the content in the game but also prevent people from pre-stocking points, then have 3.1 to raise the cap back to 3000 or whatever it was and people can go to town.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fair point. The current cap is absurdly low.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's a slight chance of it might drop higher ilvl gear since minimum ilvl to enter is what, ilv175? That seems fairly high, though I don't know what the other ilvl minimums were for raids/etc.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post
    There's a slight chance of it might drop higher ilvl gear since minimum ilvl to enter is what, ilv175? That seems fairly high, though I don't know what the other ilvl minimums were for raids/etc.
    Minimum iLVL for CT/ST/WoD were 50/70/90, respectively.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Minimum iLVL for CT/ST/WoD were 50/70/90, respectively.
    ...205 then? Dare we hope?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's going to be 200.

Stop doing this to yourselves.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

209 because SE gona surprise you all

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I can see it now. In an effort to make hunts relevant again there will be a weekly quest to get upgrade items where you have to kill every A rank in old and new zones once a week.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If it's 205..cool, more skill speed and parry gear..but only in greater supply!
    If it's 209 even better.
    If it's 210, lovely! It also confirms yoshi is done with the game.

But it'll be 200. Ilvl of the casual raids tend to be 10-15 under the max ilvl depending on if they change ilvls of higher gear, i.e Binding Coil shift to i95 for weapons. World of Darkness was a special case because Poetics could be upgraded to i130 which lead to it dropping some BiS pieces.

But then there's Sky Exploration..

That drops Aetherial 200-210 gear, including weapons.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You know the airship islands will drop some i170 stuff. You can't have a version of Diablo where everything that drops is good.

Not in this game, anyway.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

You know the airship islands will drop some i170 stuff. You can't have a version of Diablo where everything that drops is good.

Not in this game, anyway.
    Considering he wants to please the casuals, I'd be surprised if he even adds an element of "shit drops" to this content after 5 month delay on update. It would be funny if it did drop i170 stuff, that way they at least don't obsolete VA out the gate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast