1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I don't understand their hesitance to allow an uncapped source of good gear. Just make it a colossal time-sink for its requirements. Like PvP rank is. Or like 1mil MGP is, as an example.

A time-sink is not a bad thing if it we tie it to rewards people care about. Not glamour or crafting's circlejerk.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How about we have to pay 1 million gil as a group to enter, and it drops relevant gear?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    How about we have to pay 1 million gil as a group to enter, and it drops relevant gear?
    MADNESS, HERESY.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This game can't handle a gil sink. Too hard to make monies.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The tears on the OF would be absolutely divine.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post
    Oh man I'd pay to see their reaction alone.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post
    Those without an FC have to pay 50k to enter the zone and all the monsters are FFA/unclaimable.

No instance cap.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Spoiler: show

Oh you.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Ah the good ole days. I too would pay just to see the: "Think about us casual gamers who don't have time to make money in a game. It's a video game, not a job."

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The game should just play itself. I don't really have the time to do much other than the same setpiece dungeons of trash -> NM -> trash -> NM with fuckall in variation.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    The game should just play itself. I don't really have the time to do much other than the same setpiece dungeons of trash -> NM -> trash -> NM with fuckall in variation.
    I'm more annoyed that optional pulls have seemingly been disposed of with newer dungeon designs. Not that I'd ever go out of my way for a shitty obsolete on release accessory or anything, but the option to do so was there. Multiple routes for AoE heavy parties vs parties with better single target dps would have been a nice touch too, but I doubt that'd ever happen.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    I'm more annoyed that optional pulls have seemingly been disposed of with newer dungeon designs. Not that I'd ever go out of my way for a shitty obsolete on release accessory or anything, but the option to do so was there. Multiple routes for AoE heavy parties vs parties with better single target dps would have been a nice touch too, but I doubt that'd ever happen.
    Huh, I didn't really notice that until you mentioned it. But yeah, it's all just a corridor of stuff.

Now I wonder how many people love XIV but hate XIII. How dare they take choice out of my games.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Huh, I didn't really notice that until you mentioned it. But yeah, it's all just a corridor of stuff.

Now I wonder how many people love XIV but hate XIII. How dare they take choice out of my games.
    I got soooooooo much hate on OF when I said:

"Despite how much people seemingly hated FFXIII's long hallways...people seem to praise XIV for doing exactly the same."

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    I can see it now. In an effort to make hunts relevant again there will be a weekly quest to get upgrade items where you have to kill every A rank in old and new zones once a week.
    if it was B ranks i would want to do that quest.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post

What get's my goat is SE's argument that raid dungeons and extreme primals are what we're supposed to believe holds up the patch cycles to 3months.

Look, I get that the QOL stuff takes time but what I'm not buying is that 3-4 trash pulls and some NMs, some of which are already recycling mechanics from previous NMs are what are dragging updates to a crawl.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Ah the good ole days. I too would pay just to see the: "Think about us casual gamers who don't have time to make money in a game. It's a video game, not a job."
    I don't really care what route they they take with content. Long grinds? Doable even as a casual player, just takes a bit longer. Whatever. But you speak of casual players like it's a sin not to be able to sit in your computer chair 24/7 and tap on your keyboard. I would go insane if I did that.

I'm casual, I still play/enjoy the game. I do what I can. And I have fun. But I still make time for work/friends/family/sex. You should try it...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I don't really care what route they they take with content. Long grinds? Doable even as a casual player, just takes a bit longer. Whatever. But you speak of casual players like it's a sin not to be able to sit in your computer chair 24/7 and tap on your keyboard. I would go insane if I did that.

I'm casual, I still play/enjoy the game. I do what I can. And I have fun. But I still make time for work/friends/family/sex. You should try it...
    I classify as a casual gamer yet play enough to push through Savage Alexander - But the excuses given as to why they can't put in a tiny bit of work into something gets pretty silly.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you're doing Savage you're not casual bro. Midcore? Maybe. Hardcore? Probably not. But casual? Have you SEEN XIV's casuals?

These are the people who can't handle The Chysalis, die to Isegbind multiple times, princess up when tanks try to DPS and overall embarass the genre with overwhelming stupidity. I'm by no means an elitist but lines need be drawn to maintain basic standards and making excuses about SE bottom lines isn't sufficient.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If you're doing Savage you're not casual bro. Midcore? Maybe. Hardcore? Probably not. But casual? Have you SEEN XIV's casuals?

These are the people who can't handle The Chysalis, die to Isegbind multiple times, princess up when tanks try to DPS and overall embarass the genre with overwhelming stupidity. I'm by no means an elitist but lines need be drawn to maintain basic standards and making excuses about SE bottom lines isn't sufficient.
    Heh...yeah like kamikazing on the orbs in Chrysalis or completely ignoring them thus getting 16 stacks and taking 7k damage on the explosion. I definitely agree though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If only playing 2-3 hours a day, if that... is considered hardcore, than I don't wanna know what you consider the next step up, lol.