1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    If only playing 2-3 hours a day, if that... is considered hardcore, than I don't wanna know what you consider the next step up, lol.
    If you're doing Savage? Yeah, you're hardcore by XIV standards. An argument could even be made for extremes given how many people complete them. Void Ark promises to be casual-midcore content with your usual new dungeons firmly in casual camp.

Casuals are still knocking around progression content, midcores mostly stumped that they aren't good enough for Savage but have little to fall back on. Bis/Ravana EX? Mid to hardcore content. Then there's grindy scrips that appeal to noone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

3 hours a day every day honestly is pretty hardcore for just about anything, the problem is that video games can be so easy to get lost in that the standards are massively inflated to the point that the only other thing comparable in terms of hours is working. If you went to the gym 3 hours a day, or watched 2 90 minute films every day, or went scuba diving 3 hours each day, you'd be pretty hardcore into each of those areas. Personally, given their statistics of how many people even attempted, let alone cleared coil, I'd define it something like:

Casual - Still not 60 or have 1 thing at 60 but don't actively do level 60 content
    Midcore - 1-4 jobs at 60, may have cleared Ravana, does normal Alex
    Hardcore-A - 2+ jobs at 60, at least attempts Savage
    Hardcore-B - 5+ jobs at 60, doesn't do Savage

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    3 hours a day every day honestly is pretty hardcore for just about anything, the problem is that video games can be so easy to get lost in that the standards are massively inflated to the point that the only other thing comparable in terms of hours is working. If you went to the gym 3 hours a day, or watched 2 90 minute films every day, or went scuba diving 3 hours each day, you'd be pretty hardcore into each of those areas. Personally, given their statistics of how many people even attempted, let alone cleared coil, I'd define it something like:

Casual - Still not 60 or have 1 thing at 60 but don't actively do level 60 content
    Hardcore-95 - stuck on A3S

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I feel as though there is a conflation going on between being an above average player capable of tackling Alex, and "hardcore". Of course I'm labelling the bads we find of DF every day as average as there are so many of them it's hard not to.

My static probably puts in a total of 4-5 hours per week of Alex, and a few are only logging on for that and nothing else. I can't honestly call them hardcore just because they don't suck enough to not even bother attempting it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Hardcore among endgame players? Of course not.
    Hardcore among all of XIV's userbase? Yes.

They may not be playing much now, but they've put the hours in to get their skill up to that level at some point.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh I guess I'm hardcore? I still consider myself midcore. I don't attempt the difficult raids (just don't feel like dealing with a static for gear that will be outdated in 6months or less), but I've done everything else and now just leveling jobs out of a compulsory desire to have everything at 60. I only consider hardcore the people who are working on savage. It's just inconsequential semantics, but I wonder what SE considers hardcore. Anyone who plays more than 10 hours a week and has more than one job above 60?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Everyone that I know that's cleared a floor in Alex Savage also cleared all turns of coil in 2.x, which necessarily means you're talking about the top ~10% of the population, right?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Confession: I never cleared turn 3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    Hardest turn in the game, I don't blame you

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd be none of those. Approaching 3 jobs at 60(BLM60, WAR60, WHM54) and I only cleared T5, and all primals up to levi. Foreva stuck on Ramuh. Don't bother with Alex anything, and I play 9hrs a day.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I play 9hrs a day.
    Are you farming money or something? I can't imagine what else could possibly be occupying that amount of time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Are you farming money or something? I can't imagine what else could possibly be occupying that amount of time.
    Shit, only MMOs I played 9+ hrs a day was XI, RO, PSO2 and Maplestory.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    Confession: I have cleared T1 ADS less times than I have cleared T5. I didn't even beat it once until my 10th week of T5 kills because we always had shortcut for T1.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    When I "play" 9+ hours/day, most of it is spent sitting around the adventurer's guild or FC estate while I play xcom or civ etc. and chat.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Same. I (used to) have the game on 6+ hours a night, from when I got home to when I went to bed. Outside of raid nights, only 30-60 minutes of it would actually be playing, the rest would be playing other games and randomly alt tabbing back in to chat.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep - I sit and watch Arrow/The Flash/Weekly Anime/Ants crawling around outside just..something to entertain myself till a queue pops or someone needs my help since once I'm done with Savage there's shit all to do that's progressive. It's why I miss the: "Ok we're done with Ultima, get your asses to Dynamis Xarc in 15 minutes." Kinda days.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Confession: I have cleared T1 ADS less times than I have cleared T5. I didn't even beat it once until my 10th week of T5 kills because we always had shortcut for T1.

That was me with T6-7. I joined a raid group and told them I had cleared (which I had) and half way through T6 trash I got the map achievement and they WTFed me. It was a great TS moment of them moaning and groaning until they realized you have to clear in order to get the achievement.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think T1 is the only map achievement I didn't get until Second coil because I legit never had a reason to go towards that chest lol.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not sure where else to put this tbh and didn't want to make a new thread just for this since I have nothing to share except for pictures but:

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Magitek flying mount just looks... uhh.. Better have some fucking jet boosters slapped on that thing somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7