+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Rose hasn't had any injuries so far in the first week. Shouldn't that be like a damn Xbox "Achievement Unlocked" thing for him ?
    Well he still sees multiple copies of the rim at all times currently, so arguably he's still injured from the preseason.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm enjoying this Rockets and Thunder game. Beverly and Westbrook don't like each other. LOL

BG Level

does that end the Rockets are doomed talk

The Golden State Warriors are disrespectful. Why does Curry feel the need to take so many ill-advised, bad basketball, unorthodox shots???

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i think he, or someone else, said something like "if he doesn't take those shots he'd get benched"

GATTACA!

BG Level

god GS just annihilating Memphis. I dare say the grit n grind is on the decline and no longer a contender out west. need to move ZBo and pace and space around Gasol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

the hilarious thing is that hollinger, who is supposedly a stats master, still can't see that memphis needs shooting. i mean if they had just one legit shooter last year they might have ousted gs.

dude's a joke.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Clippers still going HAM.

BG Level

don't think Memphis is in any danger of missing the playoffs but they are what they've always been, a defensive leviathan with horrible spacing that can grind any opponent in the world into dust for a few games but doesn't have enough firepower to run off successive gunslinging clubs out west

they can upset anyone but also were never much of a contender, only 1 WCF and they got gifted that with the Westbrook injury. having 3/5 starters unable to shoot 3s isn't viable in the modern nba

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i can see them making a trade and figuring it out. i believe last year they had a crap start before turning into a force. but right now it doesn't look good one bit.

I think this type of shit is going to get real old, real fast for Conley.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    don't think Memphis is in any danger of missing the playoffs but they are what they've always been, a defensive leviathan with horrible spacing that can grind any opponent in the world into dust for a few games but doesn't have enough firepower to run off successive gunslinging clubs out west

they can upset anyone but also were never much of a contender, only 1 WCF and they got gifted that with the Westbrook injury. having 3/5 starters unable to shoot 3s isn't viable in the modern nba
    They barely beat a one armed Manu team. Sometimes the injuries align for teams to cakewalk to finals and titles.

Speaking of cakewalks to the finals, will the Warriors go undefeated this season? Maybe break the Bulls single season record?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

While the Warriors don't deserve the "luck" conversation that occurred the last month of the pre-season, let's not over react to their hot start either. Yes, Curry's PER is 50.0, which would beat Michael Jordan's best ever of 31.71 by so significant of an amount it's a laughable conversation. However, there are currently 4 players over 32 PER, so it's probably some early season noise.

They have benefited from playing the Pelicans twice, who are pretty injured and don't really field a NBA team at the moment.

The Warriors are going to be really good and should be treated as the champs, but to expect them to win 6 more games than last year is unrealistic.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post

They gave GS a good test last year. My argument is that, while still a playoff team, they are less of an "if everything breaks right" championship contender than they were in past years. I think it would take a major trade and team reconfiguring.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    While the Warriors don't deserve the "luck" conversation that occurred the last month of the pre-season, let's not over react to their hot start either. Yes, Curry's PER is 50.0, which would beat Michael Jordan's best ever of 31.71 by so significant of an amount it's a laughable conversation. However, there are currently 4 players over 32 PER, so it's probably some early season noise.

They have benefited from playing the Pelicans twice, who are pretty injured and don't really field a NBA team at the moment.

The Warriors are going to be really good and should be treated as the champs, but to expect them to win 6 more games than last year is unrealistic.
    6 is a lot, but they didn't lose anyone and have a core of talented, still-improving young players. Da sky is da limit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A reasonable perspective, but they would have to have a second straight season of perfect non-injury health. Now the Warriors by all accounts are on the cutting edge of sports science and use monitoring to a much higher degree than almost everyone but the Rockets, but that seems unlikely. Curry doesn't tweek a knee and sits 6 games in February? Draymond doesn't come down on someone's foot and turns an ankle and misses 14 games?

Understand I'm not wishing injury on anyone and I'm a lifelong Bulls fan who doesn't want to see their record broken. But watching the Warriors chase 73 wins would be spectacular theater and amazing conversation.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Da sky is da limit.
    Yes indeed.

Curry have been pretty durable for the past three seasons (78/78/80 games played) and have since learned techniques to decrease the likelihood of injuries. No doubt injuries will happen and we won't know when or to whom and for how long. If Curry stay relatively injury free, even if we have one or two Warriors out, I'm pretty confident we'll be fine. Bogut is currently out because of a concussion, and maybe I'm overly optimistic, but if he continues to stay out, it can be a blessing in disguise for Ezeli a la David Lee and Draymond from last year. Personally I hope our point center comes back in time for the Clippers on Wednesday.

Something you also gotta account for is last year was their first year under a new offensive system, and they led the league in pace and was #2 in offensive rating behind the Clippers (was only by .1). If we look to big brother Spurs and see what their continuity have done for their execution, hoo boy...

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

KAWHI ! ! ! ! !

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    KAWHI ! ! ! ! !
    More like

BEAL!!!!!!!!

Hell of a game by the wiz kids.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Spurs had too many TOs, and almost Zombie'd their way to a win. Leonard and Aldridge fucked up at the end and let Beal with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast