Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Ain't looking good w/ the critics, fam. TBH, I just wanna see monsters kicking the shit out of each other (the general complaint), and complete pandemonium. That's all I ask.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fuck critics opinions on this after they gave universal praise to the last one.

Here's moviebob's review of universal praise after shitting on the 2014 movie for years.

I really actually liked the first one overall but my view of it has only gone down since.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Ain't looking good w/ the critics, fam. TBH, I just wanna see monsters kicking the shit out of each other (the general complaint), and complete pandemonium. That's all I ask.
    This is exactly my stance. All these critics are bitching about "waah the acting is really lackluster and are more like moving setpieces". Fuck, who goes to these type of movies for the deep and complex plot? I just want to see giant monsters beat on each other. Long as I get that I'm golden.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah movie may not be doing super great but this kind of movie I only wanna see on the big screen so I think I'm gonna go anyway.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is King Kong in it

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Without having seen it

That's supposed to be the one next year

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Saw the 2014 one in the theater, felt the movie was mediocre, but worth seeing in the theater just to see Godzilla kick some ass. Will be doing it again on Friday.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This movie was like 70% monsters and 30% human storyline. It was so good. Hype fucking train.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah monsters show up in the first 10 minutes. Definitely did that right. Still too much human BS for my taste, but there was a lot of monster fighting, so i got what i wanted out of it. Legit welled up with happy tears at the last 20 minutes. Godzilla fucking rules. Prob 6/10 for me. Fun movie, but nothing that will blow minds away,

Spoiler: show
    Mothra was amazing. I was rooting for her so much. Wish she had more screentime.

There is a post credit scene, so stay for that.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH FUCK

I WANT MORE

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level

I've had some time to ruminate and I have many thoughts.

I want MORE. The movie could have used another 20 minutes to give us more Mothra and a Godzilla vs. Rodan fight.

I loved how terrifying the scale of the Titans was. These monsters are twice the size they were in the Japanese movies and they did a tremendous job portraying just how big they are. Ghidorah in particular had an amazing design and his movements were so well animated.

Each monster had its own personality and I loved it. Rodan struck me as almost like a jock, Mothra like a princess. Ghidorah was like Mom's sons from Futurama. Also Ghidorah being an invasive species was exactly what I wanted from this story arc.

Do you think they'll use that Ghidorah head and the Godzilla skeleton from the first movie to make Mechagodzilla??

The music was spectacular. The fights were unreal. There were also moments of genuine tension, like Madison seeing Ghidorah outside the window, or Godzilla staring down Castle Bravo. The fights! And some of those visuals, my God. Rodan streaking through the sky over a flooded DC with the navy in flames as Ghidorah's silhouette is barely visible through his category 6 hurricane. The Air Force flanking Godzilla as they charge Ghidorah. Mothra stabbing Rodan! Ghidorah disintegrating Mothra. Thermonuclear Godzilla!! That fucking atomic PULSE ripping Ghidorah apart. Jesus Christ.

Still too many humans! The story was fine, I just wanted more giant monster fights.

The nods to the source material were much appreciated. Serizawa sacrificing himself. The oxygen destroyer. The twins and Infant Island.

Final verdict is actually mixed. I loved what I saw but felt like the movie didn't give me enough of it. I'm also almost definitely seeing this at least 2 more times.

Absolutely recommend if you've ever enjoyed a kaiju movie.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Oh, definitely make sure you're in a Dolby theater. The monster sounds are phenomenal in this and you owe it to yourself to pay extra for a theater with a good sound system.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Real Imax on Sunday. Can't wait for these monsters to throw down.

this movie sucked, the human plot was almost incomprehensible and there was too much of it. the kaiju looked fantastic but there just was not enough of it
    i dont think ive ever seen a more worthless bunch of terrorists put to screen, a waste of charles dance. i was fine with watanabe's sendoff and actually lol'd at sally hawkins dying with no fanfare. if you are an actor of note in these movies expect to die unceremoniously. i hope they get tom hanks for godzilla vs kong and he dies by popping a blood vessel while he's on the shitter or something

BG Level

Welcome to Go Fuck Yourself, population: You.

BG Level

In all seriousness, if you're looking for a good story with focus on the acting and drama, please do not see this or any other Godzilla movie.

the acting was fine, the script was terrible.

So much better than the first one. Still too much focus on people but I enjoyed all the throwdowns. Godzilla vs Kong wont get here fast enough. Plenty of Easter eggs throughout that made me happy.

As for wasting Charles Dance, yeah he was but are really all that surprised considering they did it to Brian Cranston in the first one? At least we didnt have to suffer through Aaron Tyler what his name from the first one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast