Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wierd sound issue.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Wierd sound issue.

Everytime I change zones, or enter a CS, or even use a Waypoint my sound in game will stutter really badly for a few seconds. I have been playing a lot lately trying to catch up on missions for Rhapsodies and this is really annoying. I thought it might be my old sound card at first so I went ahead and bought a new one. I needed a new one anyway because the one I had was outdated and they were no longer supporting it. Put in the new one, installed the drivers, and nope it's doing the same thing. I googled the problem but couldn't find any answers.

This is the sound card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-020-_-Product

Edit: Forgot to mention I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and my motherboard's onboard sound card is disabled.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Check your FFXI Config settings, there's some audio settings there that may help.

Also people still use external sound cards? How old is your computer?

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

It's new. I built it eariler this year. How would FFXI Config help? For sound there is only, "Enable sound Always on and Sound effects number slider". I like to use a dedicated sound card cause it takes a little stress off your processor.